bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You know what I think?  (Read 5478 times)

Sorin

You know what I think?
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »

I think Christians who come upon a guy (like Ray) that teaches differently than what they have been taught in Church, or heard on the radio automatically assume he is wrong; just because his teaching is not in accord with what his pastor says. But they don't actually
stop and think, and meditate on what they've just read. They just jump straight to judging and condemning the person; without even understanding their own beliefs. Like this guy just admitted in this email below:

"The fact that we don't understand the trinity is wonderful to me because if we could understand God then, we would BE God."

COMMENT:  Brilliant!  Hasting's Bible Dictionary freely admits that the Scriptures do NOT teach that God is a trinity of three persons. You then state that you DO NOT understand your own belief, and you then proceed to ridicule me? Unbelievable.

Read the full email here: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7005.0.html

mharrell08

Re: You know what I think?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »

This is what I think and believe...

(from John 12)

v38   That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

v39   Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

v40   He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

And I know you know these things and believe them too so I am not saying you don't. But this is the simple reason why. It's all kinds of reasons why people dismiss and despise the Word of God but it all stems from this prophecy. Our God declared it, so it must be so. They cannot and will not see the truth until their eyes are open. They cannot will themselves ("stop and think, and meditate" as you said) to see it because God has not made it so at this time for them to do so. I am not trying to get on your case just stating the facts. We ALL wonder why people cannot see these plain truths but we musn't forget the scriptures. Especially ones as these that state this obvious truth.

Marques

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:06:24 PM »

Gosh, I often forget this scripture when talking to friends and family. :-[
Thanks for the reminder Marques!
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

gmik

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 01:20:23 AM »

Yes, that is a great scripture!!!

chuckt

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

I think Christians who come upon a guy (like Ray) that teaches differently than what they have been taught in Church, or heard on the radio automatically assume he is wrong; just because his teaching is not in accord with what his pastor says. But they don't actually
stop and think, and meditate on what they've just read. They just jump straight to judging and condemning the person; without even understanding their own beliefs. Like this guy just admitted in this email below:

greetings.

well i for one, when i came across his writings 3 yrs ago BAM, a light came on and most of what i  read made sense and i spent many days immersed in reading rays articles.

i think the difference for me was i was searching, and for all my life i knew there was more to Gods word than what was being taught.

i had never even heard of ""UR"" before then, or if i had it went in one ear and out the other.

looking back over my life i see i have experienced each one of these:

Mat 13:4  And when he sowed, some [seeds] fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Mat 13:5  Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

Mat 13:6  And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

Mat 13:7  And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

Mat 13:8  But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

in God's time.

God bless
chuckt AKA euty

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:15:32 AM by chuckt »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »

It is all in God's time as you both say mharrell08 and euty. I used to think it was all about my eyes but we know that it is God's Spirit and Sovereignty that decides who will see and who will not at this time.

To quote from a dear brother of mine : Remember, it's all a matter of timing. ....Remember what the Lord said:

John 9 : 4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. [/u]

Notice what it says about the time when Judas went out to betray the Lord.

John 13 : 27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. 30. As soon as Judas had taken the bread, he went out. And it was night. [/u]

The words "and it was night" were not added for no reason. Obviously this is telling us something.

Many are still in the dark. This is not something we should be self righteously proud to see or know because it is all about God's timing! Those who seek Him early will find Him. Pride comes before a fall.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 02:44:49 AM »

Great timing as usual...Just the other day I had to explain to a HS friend that I could no longer be a part of her wiehgt loss group that she was leading.  I told her basically that b/c she was preaching during the class, then I had to quit the class  so that I didn't keep interupting it by setting her straight scripturally, as well as to not come across as though I am a trouble maker by stopping her at every point.  For example, when she had told us 'thus sayeth the Lord that if we tithe, then we will be richly blessed for it", I had to set her straight in that the Lord DID NOT SAY THAT.  We lovingly agreed to disagree in order to save our HS and weightloss things in common.  She knows that we can no longer discuss  SPIRITUAL THINGS b/c neither of us is willing to budge.  I felt that this approach would be best in the long run b/c I might possibly have a chance at her learning the truth versus if I had thrown the truth down her throat when she didn't want it, then I would for sure have ruined a relationship for any future opportunities to let her ask me spiritual questions . 

gmik

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »

We were blind once too.  Chuck, I too, when reading Ray, Bam, that was it, I had found the truth!!

I have sent others to this site and OMG....they thought lies, cult, crazy, unscriptural.....

It truly is the Lord's timing.

I am just so happy that all these naysayers will know the truth some day, so I don't feel like I need to witness (like I used to!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.