bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psychics  (Read 7095 times)

alucard

Psychics
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

do any of you think that there are people that can see visions of the future these days or do you believe it's all a scam for atention and/or money.even the people that say they do it in their sleep and can't control it.

rvhill

Psychics
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 01:57:31 AM »

I am of two minds on the subject. Psychics are a scam, but then I have had premonition come true. I know how professional Psychics do what they do, and I can do it too.  Then, at times I have had 'The Holy Spirit' move me? I really do not know any other words for it.

Cy

Psychics
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:13:20 AM »

I wonder how de ja vous (spelling?) fall into place?
It's hard to deny they happen, but makes no sense how they do.

Jason C.

Psychics
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:52:04 PM »

Or when you have a dream and then months, sometimes years later, something will happen to you and it will be exactly the same as it was in the dream........... and it freaks me out sometimes because the dream was dead on, all the way down to the smallest details. I've had many dreams like this, but all were things about of little or no consequence. Never the juicy stuff that one would want to know about.

Mickyd

Psychics
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 10:07:34 AM »

This is an interresting subject for me. I've had a few experiances that I can't explain as far as dreams are concerned. But, you have to realize that the human brain is a complex peice of work. It's the very best recording device in exsistance. It records every thing and person you see...even if you don't realize you've seen them. It records things out of our peripheral vision and in dreams, re-writes all these bits and pieces into mini stories that we remember.

Kevin

Psychics
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 05:56:17 PM »

I thought that Morpheus gave the correct answer to Neo(Mr. Anderson) :shock:
I dont know how to explain it. But Ive had several dreams come true, the de ja vous thing. Its always a weird thing. Something happens then you realize that you dreamt it. I had a dream that Bobby was going to send me 10,000 dollars. Bobby Pm me and I will give you my mailing address :lol:

Kevin

Psychics
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 06:33:02 PM »

Thankyou Isabell for the correction of the bad spelling going on. Dont look at my post to closely, I probably spell words wrong more so than right. :oops:
God bless
Kevin
Im still waiting for my 10,000 from Bobby

Becky

Psychics
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »

:-s

HAHAHAHA!

Um I was once big into dream interpretation and the like... Often times the "meanings" functioned similarly to horescopes (The interpretations were so generic that it most likely came true.... or at least you "made" it happen subconsciously.)

Isn't deja vu a brain fart of some kind??

I hate when I'm in one... i just stare and say "I'm in a deja vu, I'm in a deja vu, I'm still in it.... ........ ...... ok it's gone now.! "   phew!!!

Ok yea.. Like anything, we beieve what we want to believe.

zander

Psychics
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 07:27:55 AM »

I too have had premonitions that have come true from dreams.  I have also "felt" that something would happen and it did.  For example, for years i beleived i had a "free will".  I truly beleived it.  Not because a church taught it, but because i felt, i HAD to have it, it must be true.  How could anyting be predestined?  

Then a few years ago, way before i encountered the real truths of the scriptures, i felt that maybe there was a chance that things were predestined.  Slowly i kept thinking from experience that destiny was a real thing.  I thought "One day i am going to drop this free will thing" but i couldnt see what would cause me to do such a thing. But no, still i held on to free will.  After 2004, reading Ray's stuff and the scriptures i realised how wrong i was.  Free will was a thing of the past.

ALso, regarding astrology, i used to study this quite a lot.  I have dropped so much of it.  Whilst i still retain an interest in it, i dont research it nearly as much as i used to.  However, i know that there is some weird truth in it.  As God controls the planets and thus the planets control the earth and to an extent, us, there must be a force there.  I have predicted many things true by using the planets' position on things and whilst it is actually quite disconcerting to know these thjings as i want to drop it completely, i cant see how there isnt an element of truth in it, simply through experience.

Becky

Psychics
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »

It's amazing how thw whole world is out there searching for answers in such a variety of ways.

Mickyd

Psychics
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »

Quote from: Isabell

I also was into astrology for several years (and by astrology I don't mean newspaper horoscopes).  I have mostly gotten away from it now, but I know there is a lot of truth in it.  God is working all things after the counsel of his own will (Eph. 1:11) but I'm not sure we should be using astrology or things like that to try to divine what it is.  I used to be into tarot cards too, and at first that was accurate but then it just told me what I wanted to hear.  Now I can't keep decks of cards around the house (the modern deck of playing cards is based on the tarot deck) because I will be too tempted to use it for a reading.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Tarot cards are a man made gimmik....but astrology on the other hand, I believe it's ok to check the signs.

rvhill

Psychics
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 03:03:35 AM »

Here is one I can't really explain, but it did happen. My father has a dream where a voice tell him to tell his brother to make right his teaching to his sons, because he is going to die soon. My uncle was for a time with Roy Masters, when his sons were growing up.  Since then his sons had moved to Arkansas. So my father goes to see his brother. My father tell him about his dream, and my uncle agree that he should make sure to correct some ideals he may have imparted to his children. He was happing to go to Arkansas to see them the next week. He and his wife spend two weeks in Arkansas. A week after they get back my uncles dies of a heart attack.

Andrew

Psychics
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 11:02:05 PM »

Deu 13:1  If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
Deu 13:2  And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
Deu 13:3  Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Isa 7:11  Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
Isa 7:12  But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.

Jer 10:2  Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Mat 12:38  Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Mat 12:39  But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah:
Mat 16:1,2,3,4

Mar 8:11  And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.
Mar 8:12  And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Mar 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets (this includes psychics as well as the false prophets of babylon)  shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mar 13:23  But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Isa 47:13  Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.
Isa 47:14  Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

Mic 5:12  And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

1Sa 15:23  For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

2Ki 9:22  And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?

Rev 2:20  Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

2Ch 33:6  And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Lev 19:26  Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Well, I think that just about covers the subject of "psychics".

Mickyd

Psychics
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 04:47:51 AM »

Quote from: Isabell
Quote from: Mickyd
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Tarot cards are a man made gimmik....but astrology on the other hand, I believe it's ok to check the signs.

I agree; however, I've found that astrology doesn't usually tell me anything I don't already at least suspect, and if I don't see something coming from checking the stars, it's because God has hidden it from me.  Remember, we don't know what will be on the morrow (James 4:14).  So I don't know if it's a good idea to try to predict the future by using astrology.  And my hindsight has always been better than my foresight.  :lol:

No...not as far as telling the future. No one can tell the future....no matter what people say. I've always found my hindsight better as well.  :)

Mickyd

Psychics
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 04:49:48 AM »

Quote from: Andrew

Yes it does! Good post Andrew!

Sorin

Psychics
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 12:44:46 AM »

Quote from: Mickyd
Quote from: Andrew

Yes it does! Good post Andrew!

Good post? I find it rather judgemental.

Mat 7:3       And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thy own eye?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.