bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Madness of Political Correctness!  (Read 4958 times)

Sorin

The Madness of Political Correctness!
« on: April 10, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »

Moving to nip in the bud some potential bad press, White House hopeful Barack Obama's campaign persuaded a delegate to step down after she was ticketed for calling her neighbor's African-American children "monkeys."

Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski, a Carpentersville village trustee, was elected as an Obama delegate to the Democratic National Convention. She sports an Obama sign in her front yard.

On Saturday, two neighbor children were playing in the tree next-door to her house.

Ramirez-Sliwinski "came outside and told the children to quit playing in the tree like monkeys. The tree was not on Ramirez-Sliwinski's property," Carpentersville Police Commander Michael Kilbourne said.

Ramirez-Sliwinski admitted she used the word "monkeys," but said she did not intend racism. She said she was only trying to protect them from falling out of the tree.

"Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski said she saw the kids playing in the tree and didn't want them falling out of the tree and getting hurt. She said she calls her own grandchildren 'monkeys,' " Kilbourne said. The mother of one of the children did not see it that way, noting she and Ramirez-Sliwinski have clashed before.

"She felt it was racist because of the fact the children were African-American," Kilbourne said.

Read the full article here: http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/883120,CST-NWS-trustee08.article

-----------

My personal opinion. I find this appalling. Not only is she logically not a racist, she has an Obama sign in her front lawn for crying out loud. But, even if she were; I thought this was a "free country"...
How can you ticket someone for what they say? What happened to 'Free Speech'?
I don't care if she would have call them the 'N' word-it's her right to free speech, even offensive speech.

A cop's job shouldn't be to fine people for what they say, but rather to arrest those who would retaliate by violence because someone used the almighty, forbidden... **drum roll please** ' N' word.

That's what we pay them for; to arrest people who commit crimes, not to be fascist pigs!

Look at it this way, in California they dipped the Crucifix in urine, and it's considered art-but God forbid a non-racist lady dare say the word 'monkey' {which she calls her own kids even} to a group of African-kids playing in trees; because the PC police will be there to fine you.

-Sorin

"I think we are doomed. When the Dems eat their own over BS like this, imagine what will happen once they take power. Reverend Wright? Who cares. This lady called children climbing trees monkeys! Under the bus you go, hatemonger! Also to note the fine of 75.00 for this."

And another good quote:

"This is just further proof of the double standard of Obama. He wants us all to get past race and to understand context, but apparently that context only works for him. What someone else thinks is irrelevant as the only relevancy is what he thinks you meant. Kids climbing in trees regardless of race are often referred to as monkeys. No reasonable person could draw a parallel to what she was saying and the racist term "monkeys", "porch monkeys" or whatever.

There are all sorts of words that are racist in one sense while completely not racist in others. For example, it is ok to say "spook" as in "hey, you spooked me" or "don't get spooked". It is even ok to say "hey you spooked me" when a person of color surprises you. Clearly, saying "there goes some spooks" when referring to a group of black people is racist.

Obama and the Obama campaign failed context."

So there are still sane people out there after all. Good to know.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:27:40 PM by Sorin »

Beloved

Re: The Madness of Political Correctness!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »

Sorin there are reasons for all of this

I think this woman was not getting  along with these neighbors in the first place. There is a lot of resenment between the hispanic and african americans. Many in the US see them as taking jobs and getting free social benefits.

So you see there is another reason besides this...

The only Hispanic on the board, Ramirez-Sliwinski has been a strong voice for Carpentersville's 40 percent Hispanic population. She and Village President Bill Sarto opposed an English-only proposition and an ordinance to crack down on illegal immigrants.

Here in the USA Justice wears a blindfdold and she can therefore peek out and choose who she will condemn.

She has never indicated to me any prejudice whatsoever. We have a trustee who has been convicted on four counts of domestic battery and refuses to resign from the board. He beat his wife with a baseball bat. This seems far less egregious to me."

Ramirez-Sliwinski's $75 ticket was for "disorderly conduct," which Kilbourne defined as, "when a person does something that alarms or disturbs another."

Hey I  want to issue a disorderly ticket to the "many" in the world. They disturb me and insult my God.

Okay ....so what else can we do now....how about we all sit down and decide which words can be used by people in the future?

What about Zoo or jungle...Do other races have similiar words they want to ban?  These need to be included too...that is what is wrong about the ideas of democracy...those with the loudest mouths (i.e. the media) get to choose.

These absurd things will happened because they all are blind and deaf and confused.

beloeved

Samson

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:46 PM »

Hello Sorin,

Yes Sorin, I agree alot about what your saying, we live in a country and a World that lacks balanced thinking, we are very overly sensitive about these side issues.

It's my belief that the Rich and Powerfull really prefer that the rank & file citizens spend their energies fighting these side issues and inordinately dwelling on them. It keeps people divided and in a weakened state. This does not mean that, I think it's okay to clearly insult people based on their race, ethnic origin, sex, religion, etc. Calling someone the N-word, a pollack, a kite, a wap, a crout, a homo or something clearly offensive; this would be unacceptable to me.

However, in the case you mentioned in your post about the kids being like monkeys in the tree's seems to be reading into to things too far. Being overly sensitive on an individual level(applying to myself) certainly hasn't helped my life, instead has made it more complicated and stressfull.

I will leave you with one final point that might shed some light on people's thinking and I find this to often be the case; Years ago while working for the State of N.J., I asked my Supervisor(who I happened to be close to and still visit him occasionally to this day), " Why do they make such a big deal on all these minor things, When their are much more serious problems to contend with." His response: " Because the more serious problems are so out of control, they focus on petty things, to make it look like their trying to accomplish something."

To me, Who cares about critiquing these little problems when, The economy is in bad shape, food is escalating in price due to producing Ethanol from corn crops, Kids can't even go to school and learn without fear of being bullied, fuel costs are skyrocketing, Employers are cutting back on expenses leading to no raises, layoffs and increasing the work load on their employee's for the same pay, U.S. Healthcare, insurance premiums keep climbing, The Mortgage Industry(enough said).

Just like the song years ago by the Temptations: Ball Of Confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey, round and round and round we go, where the world's heading, nobody knows; except our Heavenly Father, it's apparently part of his plan, a thorough humbling of the good ole U.S.A, hence Rays Twin Towers Article, what an eye opener.

Your Brother, Samson.

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:32:32 PM »

Samson said: " This does not mean that, I think it's okay to clearly insult people based on their race, ethnic origin, sex, religion, etc. Calling someone the N-word, a pollack, a kite, a wap, a crout, a homo or something clearly offensive; this would be unacceptable to me."

Hello Samnson, it's not a matter of liking it, or agreeing with it, it's a matter of believing in free speech. Even things you don't like, or agree with. Like those words you mentioned above. If we take away free speech, and freedom of expression, what will they take away next?

phazel

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »

Personally, being called a cracker cracks me up.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »

O.K this is turning political.  So lets move on. :)

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.