bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is jesus the messiah?  (Read 6432 times)

dch1

is jesus the messiah?
« on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:14 PM »

Wow what a question! Jesus is the messiah to me. He is my savior and the savior of the world so he has to be the jewish messiah. Unless i have my definitions mixed up he is. Jesus fulfills all the scriptures not just some. I could not believe my ears when john hagee said Jesus wasn't the messiah and he was not the promised one. This is shocking and just shows that the organized churches of the world of Christendom are badly lost. Check it out. You may have to replay several times to catch what he really is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmM8pCZkQM&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:32:39 PM by dch1 »

David

Re: is jesus the messiah?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »

The premise of hagees book seems to be that in the new testament accounts of Christ's interrogation by the Jews, He never claims to be the messiah or is asked if he is the messiah, which is absolute nonesense. The word Christ (Khristos, Christos) has the exact same meaning as messiah, anointed Son of God. The first time Jesus acknowledges himself as The Christ is Matthew 16:15-17, He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
In Matthew 26:63 the question is put to Him directly...... 63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!”
64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

As shocking as Hagees unscriptural claims are, personally I'm not surprised, he denies practically every Biblical truth there is to uphold his satanic doctrines.

dch1

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »

Amen DAvid. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musicman

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

Isn't a hagee something you blow your nose with?

Little Joe

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 03:24:17 AM »

Isn't a hagee something you blow your nose with?

LOL Funny Musicman!   ;D  I needed a cheer!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 02:03:06 AM »

John Hagee has become too enamoured by his own significance; he has written too many books just to make more money; he has too many blind sheep b/c he has too many lies, and Hagee will be one of the hardest to convince of the truths on that day of judgement b/c he thinks that he is the Mesisah... truth be known!!!  Hagee has his heaven on earth right now..... :-[

Little Joe

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »

John Hagee has become too enamoured by his own significance; he has written too many books just to make more money; he has too many blind sheep b/c he has too many lies, and Hagee will be one of the hardest to convince of the truths on that day of judgement b/c he thinks that he is the Mesisah... truth be known!!!  Hagee has his heaven on earth right now..... :-[

1 Timothy 4
 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

2 Timothy 3
 1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »

...I have seen more christians (lately) who have loved the pleasures of this life more than they have a love for GOD.  It is SO obvious, and yet they themselves cannot see that they are this way.  I have even spoken with some latey about this and it amazes me that they have blinders on and yet they truly believe that all of their good works for the church is equivalent to having BIBLICAL TRUTHS.  I know that this is where God has them, but it is sad to think that they are so close, and yet so far from gaining real life changing truths!!!!!  It is bitter sweet!

Kitt

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 02:55:18 AM »

I agree with what David said.  I am a Jewish believer and have been studying the Pre Messianic and Messianic Scriptures for many years since Yeshua revealed himself to me through the Spirit of the Father.  As I read the Scriptures, Yeshua fulfilled all of the messianic prophesies.

Shaul (Paul) in Romans, chapter 11 tells us why the Jews rejected Yeshua.  I guess that I will have to read Hagee's book to find out what he is talking about because I couldn't believe that he said Yeshua was not the messiah of Israel. It has to be a book selling trick of some kind.  As Christian Church Doctrine oriented as Hagee is, there has to be some kind of play on words to sell books.  He is just adding more dishonesty to already high pile of it.

Kitt

gmik

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »

:D  Musicman,  you are too graphic...ugh...

I just saw hankie/hagee on the news the other nite, for supporting Israel, and they showed him over there on a parade thru the streets.  The Israelites love him over there.

Oh yes, he thinketh himself much better than he ought!!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 01:39:18 AM »

Hi Kitt, I was Messianic for about 10 yrs and then the Lord led me here :D  Where are you at? 

David

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:03 AM »

Thank you for sharing this Roger.
Hagee will go to any lengths to convince the world that the physical Jews of physical Israel are Gods chosen people and will enter His kingdom without Christ.
Here's another reason why his foolish theology is bankrupt. While stating that the Jews can bypass Christ and enter into heaven, because Jesus never offered himself as their messiah, or whatever other convoluted unscriptural garbage he uses...........according to Hagee, every other human being on earth that has died without the knowlege of Jesus Christ is going to fry in hell for all eternity. If the Jews get a get out of jail free card because, according to his foolish theology Jesus was never offered to them as Messiah, why is it a 1st century Chinese peasant, or a 1st century Russian soldier, or a 1st century British Celt, or a 1st century American indian, all of whom would not have any knowlege of Christ or have Him offered to them as their messiah (not just then but for at least two more centuries), get to burn in hell for all eternity? I wonder if anyone has ever put that question to him, or whether it has entered his foolish mind just what he's saying? Heresy, no matter how its twisted, no matter how its served up always comes out as foolishness.
Be blessed
David.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 05:54:43 AM »

Is Jesus the Messiah ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pcZQQNwKbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Qx7tONV0M

According to these new Bible Codes,
the answer is YES !

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.