bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A "Lovely Pizza"  (Read 8845 times)

hillsbororiver

A "Lovely Pizza"
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »

On Wednesday I had the pleasure of visiting with Nelson and his family who are vacationing here in Florida from the U.K. (Essex), although he does not post often he has been very helpful to me over the years since I first joined in 2005.

Nelson, his wife and two sons and my wife and I went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant near my house, he has been blessed with a lovely and gracious wife and two very sharp, well mannered sons aged 16 & 5 who have inherited their father's gift of gab, it was fantastic having intelligent conversations with a teenager who showed no display of teen angst.

His younger son made our waitress's day when he momentarily excused himself from our table (after finishing off the "kid's pizza he had ordered) he approached her saying; "I want to thank you, that was a lovely pizza!"

The waitress came back to our table beaming and flushed she was so taken with that experience and the thanks that came her way that she had to tell us all what a little gentleman he was.

We came back to my house for coffee and I must say the time went too fast before it was time for them to head back to Orlando. I have had the pleasure of getting together with Gena and her husband and also with Craig and his family here and it always seems like I am visiting with old friends even though it might be the very first time we met in person.

His Peace to you all,

Joe

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:03:26 PM by hillsbororiver »

Samson

Re: A "Lovely Pizza"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »

Thankyou Joe for sharing that experience & visitation.

It's nice hear an experience about well-mannered children, don't come across too many of them these days. I have yet had the pleasure to meet one of our Brothers and Sisters from this Site, in May, unless something changes, I'll be meeting John from Johnstown and eventually Randy from Albany.

What a nice comment that 5 yr. old made(The Lovely pizza).

Your Brother, Samson.

phazel

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »

Awesome

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »

You are welcome Samson,

It was a great experience to interact with well mannered intelligent and engaging young ones, as you say it is rare and very refreshing. I have to say that Craig's children were also easy to talk to and very much free from the cloud of angst that seems to affect so many of our young ones these days.

Yes, the "lovely pizza" comment with perfect diction in that English accent was a real charmer for sure, the waitress was glowing, I think she appreciated that experience even more than the tip!

Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:29:53 PM »

Moments like those ARE THE TIP. The tip can be spent but a touching memory is a treasure that can keep. I wonder what else God has in store for those children 8)

Thanks for sharing Joe. It felt like I was right there in that Italian Restaurant!

Peace to you

Arc.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 01:09:29 AM »

Hi Joe,
Wow, how neat to get to meet Nelson, Gena, and Craig in person...all in the family, only from diff parts of the country and world.  I have only been able to meet with one sister and that is our Carol from Texas.  We got together at my home last year, but I don't get to see her as often as I would like to. 

...and then there is Joe and his family whom has been so gracious to invite us to come for a visit when we take Daniel to Disney (which btw, Joe, I did have to extend that date for another year...so, we have till the end of March to go to Disney)...so, I haven't forgotten your kind invitation to come and visit you and your family....thank God that we (here at BT) have REAL FAMILIES here and that we know them before we meet them in person...God is sooooo Good :D!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »

Moments like those ARE THE TIP. The tip can be spent but a touching memory is a treasure that can keep. I wonder what else God has in store for those children 8)

Thanks for sharing Joe. It felt like I was right there in that Italian Restaurant!

Hi Arc,

You are so right about that, I have no doubt our waitress will look back fondly at the memory of her happy little customer far after than those dollars are spent and forgotten!

Hi Joe,
Wow, how neat to get to meet Nelson, Gena, and Craig in person...all in the family, only from diff parts of the country and world.  I have only been able to meet with one sister and that is our Carol from Texas.  We got together at my home last year, but I don't get to see her as often as I would like to. 

...and then there is Joe and his family whom has been so gracious to invite us to come for a visit when we take Daniel to Disney (which btw, Joe, I did have to extend that date for another year...so, we have till the end of March to go to Disney)...so, I haven't forgotten your kind invitation to come and visit you and your family....thank God that we (here at BT) have REAL FAMILIES here and that we know them before we meet them in person...God is sooooo Good :D!

Hi Susan,

It has always been a fantastic experience to visit with my brothers and sisters from the Forum whether it be privately or at the Conferences, there is an immediate kinship through the Spirit of Christ that to me is undeniable.

My wife who is not a member (but has now left the Baptist church) is in total agreement as well, she has been to two Conferences (4 for me) and has visited with members both here and there sees the same thing, she says the people at Bible Truths seem to be so much more genuine in their search than the people she met at all the different churches she has attended over the years.

Of course we are not perfect but we are not just going through the motions in our spiritual walks, we have a sincere desire to know Christ and that does come through loud and clear when we are fellowshipping together whether it be just 2 or 3 of us or 100 at a Conference.

Thank you all for your responses.

Peace,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »

Praise God Joe that your wife has come out of the Baptist Church finally.  That is a huge step...was this recently?  (I have missed so much in the past several months since dh has taken a job in New Mexico and we are traveling alot to keep our little family intact!)  But I am glad that y'all have been ableto meet lots ofthe brethren in person....If it weren't for this forum, I would be SOOOO LONELY for fellowship with like minded believers.  As you say, you can tell the difference pretty much immediately when you meet a real believer...there is a certain SPIRIT  :o that they have...one of loving truth!

Joe, YOU MEAN THAT YOU AREN'T PERFECT???  :-[ :) ;) ;D:( >:(

be blessed everyone!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »

Joe, YOU MEAN THAT YOU AREN'T PERFECT???  :-[ :) ;) ;D:( >:(

Yes Susan, alas this is true...... I hope you were sitting down when you realized that.  :o  8)

Peace,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »

I know, you just had your wings clipped right? :o :o :o

joyful1

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »

How did we miss that? :o

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »

Joe, YOU MEAN THAT YOU AREN'T PERFECT???

Well I am, so don't anybody forget it! ;)

Craig

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »

Did we miss Craig too Joyce?  I guess we had better repent now! ;) ;D :o ::)

gmik

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »

Craig, you are a hoot!

Joe I am glad you got together w/ Nelson. 

As a teacher, let me tell you---our culture has forgotten about manners (among other things!). It is wonderful to see it in action.

Nelson

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »

Hi Joe,

It was a blessing and a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Thanks for a lovely evening, and for your kind words. Our boys had a great time and enjoyed the evening as much as us 'grown ups' did. Matthew is watching the Baseball regularly and we'll look out for the Rays scores.

Thank you all for your kind comments, but my thoughts deferred to these scriptures as I read your comments,

• "Lo, an inheritance of Jehovah are sons, A reward is the fruit of the womb" (Ps 127:3)

"From the mouths of infants and sucklings Thou hast founded strength..." (Ps 8:2)

"and they said to him, `Hearest thou what these say?' And Jesus saith to them, `Yes, did ye never read, that, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings Thou didst prepare praise?"
    (Mt 21:16)

Our boys are indeed a wonderful blessing to us from our gracious Lord, and you, our family in Christ, are too. Joe, I feel like I've known you my whole life and even though we're thousands of miles apart physically, I have learned even more so the meaning of fellowship. God bless you all.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »

Outstanding!

Thanks Nelson, you know I highly recommend folks attempting to get some personal fellowship with others here when possible, every time I do the reward is great. It is as if I am meeting with an old friend, someone I have known since youth.

A true blessing from our Lord.

His Peace to you and yours Brother,

Joe 

joyful1

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »

Thanks Joe for the testimony....its fun to hear about those of you that are able to get together....reminds us all of the way things will be one day for ALL! :)

Susan...I'm not repenting about that....Craig is obviously delusional and needs to quit wearing that uniform! (hehehehehee)
Joyce :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »

Thanks Joe for the testimony....its fun to hear about those of you that are able to get together....reminds us all of the way things will be one day for ALL! :)

Amen to that Sister!

Peace,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.