bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emergenecy Prayer Request!!!!  (Read 4960 times)

Little Joe

Emergenecy Prayer Request!!!!
« on: April 11, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »

Hey everybody,

My son in college, Daniel, called and he is severely depressed - it runs in our family from my side (obviously). His girlfriend is taking him to the clinic now, and he will spend the weekend in KC with his aunt so he is not alone. Please pray for him. My wife and I are shook up.

Your friend in Christ,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Emergenecy Prayer Request!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »

"Fear not" Little Joe.

I am happy to hear that Daniel has someone to take him to the clinic. Perhaps some tests will prove he may be suffering from a chemical imbalance that can be corrected.

Prayers for your endurance and your sons safety.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »

Praying here too for Daniel!  Let us know how he's doing.  (Proverbs says that 'a MERRY HEART DRIVES AWAY DEPRESSION'.)

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »

Hi Joe,
I will pray for your son Daniel and that God helps him overcome depression. I've struggled with it and I know it is not easy.
Peace,
Steve

KristaD

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 10:50:48 PM »

Praying that God strengthens him by this experience and that He gives him all that he needs to walk through it and God's perfect will is accomplished in his life. Praying for strength for you and your wife too.
I know what depression is like as well and I am glad that he is not alone.

Little Joe

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »

Your love and prayers are appreciated everyone! 

He made it to my wife's sister's last night, is on meds now and appears t be doing better.

Love,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:16:36 PM »

PRAISE YESHUA!

UncleBeau

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »

Hi, Little Joe.
The only times I could really relate to what depression felt like was when I was really young and through some of my first marriage. When I was older I could live with it a little easier, but I remember when I was a little kid and something happened that made me cry. It's like a feeling that no matter what you do, you can't change what happened and you panic and cry because of it. Well, children get over it more easily than adults do.
When I came to the truth that God's will IS done, all the time, no matter what we choose to believe, it was just the opposite...A good feeling that someone is finally in control of my emergencies and things that would normally depress people. It might just be a chemical imbalance but that doesn't mean there's not a reason or purpose for his depression. We all get things from God to overcome, this is obviously something for Daniel to overcome, but not without his daddy. We pray for your son and hope that it passes quickly.

-Beau and Nola

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 04:40:04 AM »

Your love and prayers are appreciated everyone! 

He made it to my wife's sister's last night, is on meds now and appears t be doing better.

Love,

Joe

hi joe,
i pray that God's mercy and grace and His lovingkindness will be a blanket to cover your son and the rest of your family. i too suffer with depression and am on meds for it. my daughter also was diagnosed with depression and is taking meds too. i tried having enough "faith" to get beyond the depression but have learned from my studies of ray's teachings and study of the scriptures that ALL is of God and depression is nothing to be ashamed of. suffering is suffering. the best thing your son has is first and foremost the awesome love of God for him, and the love and support of a family. keep loving him and talking to him. sometimes when my daughter is having a bad day and opens up to me she tells me that she doesn't want me to solve the problem, she just wants me to listen.

my prayers and love,
claudia

Phil3:10

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »

Joe,
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. My sister-in-law and family are facing very difficult times with her bi-polar son and know where you are coming from. My only hope is that all is of GOD and I am sure HIS thoughts and ways are far superior to man's.
Phil3:10

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 11:45:24 PM »

praying for you, your son and your family! God bless and bring you all peace.

In Christ,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.