bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 5910 times)

lorrie

Greetings!
« on: April 12, 2008, 05:17:21 PM »

Hi My name is lorrie- I live in the beautiful state of colorado.I do hope to have wonderfull disscusions here at the forum.
And like so many others i stumbled into [or more correctly was led by G D] to this website. and the timing of it was of course perfect.Some of what i read has confirmed what G D has been saying to me these many yrs.And some,such as 'hell' is 'ahoax'.Which has absolutly freed my soul and spirit, i found to be a wonderfull revelation.!
Lorrie

chav

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »

hi Lorrie
Welcome to the BT forum. It is wonderful indeed to know that whatever happens  our loved ones are safe in the hands of our loving God. I too have been freed by that same wonderful revelation
all the best
Dave

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Lorrie. Colorado is truly a beautiful state. Spent many hours on the ski slopes of Purgatory and Copper Mtn.
I would like to say one thing; it's ok to insert the "O" in GOD.
May God continue to open your eyes and ears.
Patrick

Kitt

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:15:17 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  I noticed that you left the o out.  That is an interesting thing.  Do what you feel comfortable with.  I personally use Elohim, Yahveh and Yeshua instead of the other names in common use, but that's just what I feel comfortable with.  The best thing about our Elohim is that we have freedom in Him.

I have enjoyed this for the few days that I have been a member.  I hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Kitt

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:12:45 PM »

Welcome Lorrie

It is a shock to the system when you finally realize where G d has led you, but isn,t it wonderful that he always provides a remnant.

There are many different people here but hopefully this is a place where we will all become more mature. There is so much to read here on the forum and the search button is certainly a place I use when contemplating a question.

Look forward to your posts.

I am in Nashville TN, I can hardly wait to meet all of the people who have signed up. 

beloved

Stevernator

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »

Hi Lorrie,
Welcome to the forum! Please continue reading; there is so much to learn here! After learning all of the things on this site many of us try to share all of this knowledge with friends and family. This is good but unless God is leading them then there is a good chance that they won't understand which is ok. The more I learn the more excited I get so this site really is a blessing.
Peace,
Steve

gmik

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »

Welcome Lorrie.  That freedom you get when you let go of all those years of christendom is wonderful!!  Glad you have joined us.

lorrie

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome!And  Patrick the reason i leave the o out is because  i  noticed the jews do that, when writing his name, it is out of respect and reverance.I also want to say that i have been asking for years for  our Father to put me in contact with the remnant.Now he has answered my prayer.
Lorrie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »

Hi lorrie,

First off I want to welcome you to the Forum, I look forward to fellowship with you.

Also I wanted to share with you more of the freedom that is Christ our Lord, His Kingdom is spiritual as is our worship of Him, He judges what is in our hearts not respecting key words or physical observances. Here is an email to Ray that touches on this as well as some verses from Paul which underlines the spiritual rather than physical rituals.

http://bible-truths.com/email4.htm#pronounce

Ever since I began looking for the truth, I had wondered about the Consistency of Various Words, Names and Locations through out Bible. Thanks to your site (which is the first I ran into) I found out that it's bad (or deceitful) scholarship to translate Aion as eternity, and to use various words (such as spirit and soul) interchangeably.

But now with those out of the way, I come an issue (of sorts).

I have, through a search, found a couple of Webster's most proper names for most (not all) Bible Prophets, Apostles and The name for Jesus and God (who is sometimes called Jehovah).

Should I now (seeing that I have a good Idea of what God and Jesus' name is) continue to use these translated words? or Should I use the Hebrew Name?

While were on the topic of consistency, How Does Rotherham and Concordant Render their Names?

To make a rather long story short, is it okay that I use these "translated" Names in Prayer? or should I use the Names of The Hebrew and Greek.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, rude, impolite and such is not intended.

Ps: yes I understand the response of your last letter dealing with Faith and how it's impossible to permanently lose grace.

[Ray Replies]

Jeff it is good to know the MEANING of Greek and Hebrew names, but when it comes to how one pronounces them, that is sheer folly. I have groups virtually make a NEW RELIGION out of how we pronounce and spell the names and titles of Jesus and His Father.

Translating "aions" into English "eternities" COMPLETELY changes the meaning of the original word. Calling Jesus by His Greek, Latin, or whatever, as opposed to how His name is pronounced in Hebrew proves NOTHING. And certainly is NOT a sign of spirituality. Besides most of the population of the world who is familiar with the KJV wouldn't even know who you are talking about. Paul became ALL things to ALL people that he might gain some.

We can even call God the Father "Pappa" if we want to, so give me a break!

Jeff, don't ever let people make you feel spiritually inferior to themselves through the use of supposed higher knowledge. If they are shaming you, then SAME ON THEM!

God be with you.

Sincerely,

Ray

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 3:1  What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Gal 2:14  But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

KristaD

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »

Welcome ;D!
I thought that the Jew left out vowels b/c there aren't vowels in hebrew ???

lorrie

Name of our Father
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 03:52:43 PM »

Hi Hillsbororiver.!Yes we all know our father in heaven by different names,some days he a great friend to me- some days he is the all mighty one.some days he my judge,  it depends on the season he has me in. Right now he is having me stretch and grow to an even greater faith in him,because right now i have no ocuppation that i am getting money from.So i am completly dependent on him for everything right now.However he most of all to me is LOVE.
Peace to you-Lorrie

Kitt

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

To make a long story short, Orthodox Jews leave the O out of God, (Elohim, Eloha or Eloheinu in Hebrew) for the same reason they don't pronounce the letters of the Tetragramaton. (Yud Hay Vav Hay, which is the answer to Moshe's what is your name question at the burning bush). After the Babylonian Captivity it became Jewish law to say the word Adonai, translated as LORD, (should be Master) because it became the belief that a person who pronounced the Tetragramaton properly would have immense power.  Orthodox Jewish legalistic thinking being the extreme that it is, (which is how from the command to not boil a baby goat in it's mothers milk we get the no mixing milk and meat laws -can't eat that cheeseburger) not only can we not print, write or say Ha Shem, (The Name) in Hebrew but can't print or write a name that Is used in its place like God.  This is respect but not quite what you are thinking.

Conservative and Reform Jews print the word God out with the O, it is the Orthodox and the Ultra Orthodox who don't.

KristaD

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:17:41 AM »

I looked up the leaving out the O and what I read said that they did it so that no one could deface it in any way. Like if someone copy/pasted or printed out the name they could put it in a bad context or something. It seems a little extreme to me but I can see how they mean that as respectful, though someone could just as easily write it themselves. So maybe there is more than one reason why it's done  ???

lorrie

Leaving out the 'o'
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

HI Krstad!Iam not an expert in judaism,[ i am not a Jew] however during my studies these many yrs i read that the original hebrew people decided to not copletly write out the name nor repeat it the same way twice,they would say Yahova-then say yahovi so as not to get to the point of the word being so familar and used without thinking --that it would be very difficult to profane its useage.
As you know today many people use the name as a curse word and do not even think about it.PEACE to you Lorrie

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

:D Welcome, Lorrie ....look forward to getting to know you!
Joyce :)

lorrie

Re:Thanks
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 01:15:58 PM »

Hi Kitt,! Thank you for the information.! Peace to you Lorrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.