bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: majority vs manority  (Read 11028 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: majority vs manority
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »

Phyllis & Darren,

Thanks, I would not have guessed, but am pleased that you are of one mind.  Great!
= = =
Deborah (Arcturus)
RE: God is not a spirit.  God is SPIRIT.
I think I understand your meaning, but since spirit is translated from "pneuma" or breath how are folks such as the man you mentioned to understand God's presence everywhere and yet retaining His power and personal concern and influence.

Also please contrast this term pneuma with psuche which Strongs 5590 defines partly as "the animal sentient principle only"
Strong also defines psuche as "the breath of life, that vital force which animates the body . . . "

I'm curious how a man who is reading this idea for the first time after realizing that Lucifer is not Satan, would understand the difference or how it applies to a general understanding of scripture.

Thanks for your comments.

indiana bob

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »

Hi indianabob

You ask quote :.... how are folks such as the man you mentioned to understand God's presence everywhere and yet retaining His power and personal concern and influence.

We have learnt here in BT that only by His Spirit are these spiritual things understood. I believe this to be true and know that I too do not have clear sight yet but one day I will have.  I do not know what the man's reaction to reading the truth will be.   The man rushed out the shop for reasons he gave. I do not know how God is working in him with the truth he read with his own eyes and the hope I can only hope he heard with his own ears that God IS everywhere.  8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 06:48:00 PM by Arcturus »

winner08

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 06:13:30 AM »

Darren and Phyllis are husban and wife.

ciy

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

The title of this post reminds me of one of the early points in the bible that bothered my human senses.  Man's way is that the majority rules.  Whatever or whoever gets the most votes wins. 

God's way is that the minority is the right way or the holder of the truth.  From Genesis through Exodus, Judges, the life of David and through the NT, it is always the minority or the few that are right. 
God's ways really are not our ways.  Go against whatever the flesh is urging you to do.  Just like Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, lean not on your own understanding".  Do not reason it out according to your common sense.  Trust in the Lord not in numbers.

There is a great scene in Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail where Indy is having to follow instructions in order to get through the final obstacle course to get the Holy Grail.  He comes to an extremely deep ravine or gorge that has no visible path or bridge to cross, but his instructions are to trust and just step out.  He has no choice and steps out.  Invisible to the physical eye is a walkway that he runs across on. 
So to is trusting God not what one can see or reason.

CIY
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:42:49 PM by ciy »

lorrie

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »

Hi everyone-- i wanted to chime in here and say 'roundbelly' is correct i was not a church goer oh i visited a few times mostly during 'christmas'&'easter'.
I also watched tbn the last few years however alot of what was being taught became more and more confusing-especially that goofball rapture stuff i looked in the Bible soo many times for this rapture verse and all i could find was the ressurrection. However i must say some of the folks on there did help me to dig into the bible more ernestly,after  my house of sand fell.Anyway i am soo glad the lord kept me from being indoctrinated-and thats why i have grabbed ahold of what ray has said.However the lions share of the credit goes to our lord as he would tell me things to study and learn each and every day.

Roy Monis

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »

A friend and I are always discussing Mr. Rays teachings. I tell her what I learned and she comments on it. For example, I was telling her that we aren't saved until the very end , when after were judged and sentence and are purified with the fire of God, and turn from physical to spirit. Then we are made into the likeness of God Himself. Now we are saved. No she says. She said All you have to do is call on and believe that Christ died for our sins and we are saved. Then she said millions believe this. Then I said just because the many believe in something doesn't mean it's true.I gave the example of the 12 disciples. They were only a few who knew the truth in the beginning. The majority didn't believe. I told her all of the greatest people on earth were of the minority not the majority. So when anyone tells you that, that is what most people believe, don't believe it.

God bless you and yours

Darren

Dear Daren

I had a pentecostal friend visiting the other day and he mentioned that his pastor had given an excellent sermon on "hell". So I asked him if he believed in hell? To which he replied, of course, don't you? And I told him that I believed it was a load of garbage. To which he asked what I meant by that.

So I asked him if he believed that God knows everything from the beginning of creation to the end? He said of course He does. If you believe that, I said, then you're telling me that this murderous god of yours, not mine, knows in advance that he is going to send the trillions upon trillions of human beings he has created and is still creating to hell to burn forever in eternal torment?

What kind of god is that? Can you truly worship someone so utterly vile? I couldn't, I'd have to throw up.

He said, "You've got me confused now, please stop."

If you don't want to hear anymore of course I will, I replied, but do yourself and me a favour and read this. I handed him a copy of Ray's critique of Hagee's sermon "The seven wonders of hell"  apologized for upsetting him and left it at that. It was now the Holy Spirit's jurisdiction, my job was done, the seed was sown.

God bless
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.