bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Father Judges No Man  (Read 6427 times)

hillsbororiver

Father Judges No Man
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:13:32 PM »

As I was studying some things in the Gospel of John I ran across this bit of scripture;

Joh 5:22  For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

This is one of those verses I must of read hundreds of times but just flew over my head, why doesn't the Father judge any man? Yes, because it was commissioned to the Son, but why did God the Father give this commission to Christ rather than do it Himself?

Which brought back to memory a verse that has caused more than a few some confusion;

Heb 5:8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Christ lived as a man, was tempted like any/every man and dealt with the pain, suffering and lonliness that comes to everyone at some point in their life. Who better to judge others than one who has gone through the same experiences?

Heb 4:15  For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Even though Christ never succumbed to temptations He did agonize over some of the circumstances the Father caused Him to endure, and through this "hands on" training  our heavenly Father taught our Lord a life lesson in obedience (which by the way He passed with flying colors, AMEN!) giving us an empathetic Savior more than worthy of His Glory, a Savior who not only knows what we are going through but also felt what we are going through.

Heb 2:18  For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succor997 them that are tempted.

G997
βοηθέω
boētheō
bo-ay-theh'-o
From G998; to aid or relieve: - help, succour.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Father Judges No Man
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »

Beautiful observations Joe.

It reminds me that Jesus was sent an Angel to strengthen Him when He suffered in Gethsemane but we have much more than an Angel. We have HIM, to aid, relieve and help us. What a wonder is that!

We have so much to be thankful to Father for.

Peace be to you Brother

Arcturus :)

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »

Hi Joe,

While i know that all things are given to the Son, And that Christ is the only way in which the Father is revealed to us, I'll admit the judgments are still a bit confusing, atleast for me.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. [John 12:47]

Much of the scriptures point out , it is only through judgment, that the world can be saved.

Chris R

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »

Hi Chris,

Interesting point, perhaps it was not yet time for Christ to judge but to teach and serve.

2Ti 4:1  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Rev 6:10  And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Peace,

Joe

UncleBeau

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 12:10:22 PM »

Hi Joe,

Just to add, we've talked several times about how God would never expect us to go through anything that He wouldn't go through himself.

1 Corinthians 6:3 (KJV)

3) Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

But remember that whenever the scriptures refer to Christ, it refers to us. So, will the Son not do everything that we've been appointed to also?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »

Hi Beau,

I see what you are saying and I believe that (as scripture states) that Christ is our example in all things and that His elect, His body, will do what the Head directs, the salvation of all will be accomplished with and through His saints.

Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

While I was searching esword in response to your post I ran across the following, it looks like the Father (as Chris noted earlier) gave all things to Jesus (including judgment) and then Jesus gave this commission to His elect;

1Co 6:2  Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1Co 11:31  For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

1Co 11:32  But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones and they sat upon them and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »

We have so much to be thankful to Father for.

Amen Sister!

Peace,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 01:01:16 PM »

Hi Joe,

I looked into the different words uses for judge/jugded/judgment.  I think it makes a difference how these words are used in Scripture, so I showed where each was used in some of these verses.

G2919 krinō
by implication to try, condemn, punish

G2920 krisis
by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specifically divine law): - accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.

tribunal - the seat of a judge; the bench on which a judge and his associates sit for administering justice.

G2917 krima
a decision: - avenge, condemned, condemnation, damnation, + go to law, judgment.

G2922 kritērion
a rule of judging, that is, (by implication) a tribunal: - to judge, judgment (seat).

G1252 diakrinō
to distinguish, to judge:

1Peter 4:17  For the time is come that judgment 2917 must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Mat 7:1  Judge 2919 not, that ye be not judged 2919.
Mat 7:2  For with what judgment 2917 ye judge 2919, ye shall be judged 2919: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

John 5:22  For the Father judgeth 2919 no man, but hath committed all judgment 2920 unto the Son:

John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge 2919: and my judgment 2920 is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge 2919 him not: for I came not to judge 2919 the world, but to save the world.

2Tim 4:1  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge 2919 the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

1Cor 6:2  Do ye not know that the saints shall judge 2919 the world? and if the world shall be judged 2919 by you, are ye unworthy to judge 2922 the smallest matters?

1Cor 11:31  For if we would judge 1252 ourselves, we should not be judged 2919.
v. 32  But when we are judged 2919, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Rev 6:10  And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge 2919 and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Rev 19:2  For true and righteous are his judgments 2920: for he hath judged 2919 the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment 2917 was given unto them:

This got kind of complicated with all the different words, but I hope it helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Matt

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 02:19:37 AM »

I am in agreement. 
I don't remember if it was here, or somewhere else, but I read Jesus had to experience what He did so no man (or woman) could say, "but Lord, you just don't understand, you don't know how hard it is being human, this is just not fair!"  He does know what it is like, and like Joe said,
He passed with flying colors!!!
Matt

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 10:47:40 AM »

Hi Kat,

Thank you for the definitions and all the nuances of the words that have been translated into judge, judgment, etc. This is often critical to get a better understanding of what the real message is and also part of our obligation to dig for spiritual treasure rather than waiting for it to be delivered to us.

Psa 77:6  I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit  made diligent search.

Pro 21:5  The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.

Pro 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

I don't remember if it was here, or somewhere else, but I read Jesus had to experience what He did so no man (or woman) could say, "but Lord, you just don't understand, you don't know how hard it is being human, this is just not fair!"  He does know what it is like,

Hi Matt,

There was a definite Eureka! moment when I heard that God the Father also suffered through the suffering of His Son. It was at the Nashville Conference in Ray's presentation of "WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS?"

"So not only did He have to carry all of our sins and shortcomings and everything else to the cross.  But all His life He carried the pain, the sickness, the disease and the infirmaries in His body.  Why?  Because God is not going to put us through something that He is not willing to go through Himself!  That’s why we follow in His footsteps, see.  Now you have to understand in the same way that God spoke through Christ, every time He opened His mouth and God healed people, every time Christ said stand up or walk or whatever, the Father was doing it!  In the same way, the Father is suffering through His Son, ok. 
Do you not suffer when your children suffer?  Would you not trade places with them when they hurt and when they cry?  Doesn’t it hurt you more than them, right?"

Read it here; http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

(Thanks again for the transcripts Kat!)

Beau,

Your earlier post inspired me to find the article for those who did not know what we were referencing.

THE SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD

The called and chosen were born to be Judges:

"Or are you not aware that the saints [the manifested Sons and Daughters of God] shall JUDGE THE WORLD? And if the world shall be judged by YOU, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" (I Cor. 6:2).

"And I saw thrones and they sat upon them, and JUDGMENT was given unto them [the saints, the manifested Sons of God]…" (Rev. 20:4).

Every man will be judged and the Saints will do the judging:

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it: and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN according to their works" (Rev. 20:13).

JUDGES, LORDS, PRIESTS AND KINGS

The called and chosen were born to be Judges, Lords, Priests and Kings:

"If we suffer, we shall also REIGN with Him…" (II Tim. 2:12).

"And has made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN on the earth" (Rev. 5:10).

We are the church of the Living God, and what is the church in relation to Christ?

"And has put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church, Which IS HIS BODY, the fullness of Him that fills all in all" (Eph. 1:22-23).

"For we are members of HIS BODY, OF his flesh, AND OF his bones… This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and THE CHURCH [the heavenly, not the carnal church]" (Eph. 5:30 & 32).

Whatever Christ does, WE DO ALSO, because we ARE HIS BODY! Yes, WE, the manifest Sons and Daughters of God, will JUDGE THE WORLD!

But are the saints ready, equipped, and experienced to actually judge the world by the mere fact that they accept Jesus as the Priest, Lord, King, and Judge of the world? We are part of this world until God takes us out of it. We too have need of a Priest, a Lord, a King, and a Judge.

All too many Christians accept Jesus as their Priest, Lord, King, and Judge in ceremony only. In fact, I doubt that many accept Jesus as their "JUDGE" even in a ceremonial way, let alone by actual experience OF that judgment in their daily lives.

We must first be judged ourselves if we are to became the judges of the great sea of humanity.

Peace,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 03:42:48 PM »

There are deep insights in the following that comes out of a response by Ray to an email corresponder.

1Co 11:31 For1063 if1487 we would judge1252 ourselves,1438 we should not3756 be judged.2919

1Co 11:32 But1161 when we are judged,2919 we are chastened3811 of5259 the Lord,2962 that2443 we should not3361 be condemned2632 with4862 the3588 world.2889

Notice that if we would judge #1252, we should not be judged (a different word) #2919, which judgment is a chastisement #3811, but it is NOT a judgment of condemnation #2632.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7004.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.