bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens next???  (Read 5303 times)

winner08

What happens next???
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:23:19 AM »

Hello everybody. I'll keep this short. What happens to us after we are changed from flesh and blood to spirit?? We are then allowed to enter the kingdom of God. Now what are we doing? Since we are spirit there's no need for food or water. or anything else that we needed when we were flesh, So what are we going to be doing?

God bless y'all

Darren

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: What happens next???
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:11:18 AM »

Darren,

I can't give you a complete answer, but please consider that there will be millions of flesh and blood people
remaining on the earth who need our help.  So, as Kings and Priests or managers and teachers with Jesus,
we will be explaining to them the plan of God and how to live their daily lives.  We will be counselors, leaders,
and compassionate, understanding friends who will serve great numbers of folks who are hurting and in need
of stability in their daily lives.  We will be able to do this because we will have a perfect leader who is
always available to advise us and show us the way.  The age to come is somewhat of a mystery, but we
can be sure that there will be plenty of productive work to do.

Just my view.  Bob

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:02:34 PM »

Hi Darren,

Well that is a good question.  As Bob said the Elect will be ruling with Christ.  To think of what that entails is probably beyond our minds capability.  Ray gave a little insight into that at the end of the Bible study 'Can We Lose God's Sprit and Eonian Life?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html ----

A few fringe benefits are:

Access to the TREE OF LIFE, which means you will be given immortality, never die again or fear death or worry about death.
You avoid SECOND DEATH, which is not only the second death spiritually, but all the judgment and stuff that goes with it.  Why? Because you are judged now, if you are judged here you don’t need to be judged and condemned with the world later.
You get a new NAME, this means a lot of things, but it’s like you have to believe in the name and the name is everything that it represents and not just a new name, a better name.
POWER over the nation.
RIGHTEOUS garments, which mean we will be clothed in a perfect attitude, perfect righteousness.
Your new name will be CONFESSED BEFORE GOD THE FATHER.
Made a PILLAR, a mainstay, a vital support in the Temple of God.
SIT WITH CHRIST IN HIS THRONE.
(Rev. 2 & 3)
That’s a lot of good stuff.  In fact here’s a problem with it.  It’s too profound, we almost don’t even meditate on it. 
See if you could go into some kind of training and after so long you would be like a cabinet member of the president of the United States, you would say that would be pretty neat.  You might put up with a lot to go into some kind of training like that, because you would hob knob with the president on Air Force One, that a pretty neat plane.  You would meet all the other royalty around the world and so on and that would be pretty good.  Don’t you reckon this is a little higher calling then that?  It is a high calling.  Really high, probably too high for our spirit to take it in.  We’re just oh okay that is pretty cool.  But it really is great and I suppose, I’m thinking the further we go in life, if we believe these things, then it becomes more tangible.  Not only will we believe them and think about them, we’ll start expecting them.  Where the King James uses hope the Concordant uses expectation.  We will expect it, we’ll be looking for it that much.
----------------------------------------------------------
Audio
March 2008 Bible Study Can We Lose God's Sprit and Eonian Life?
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible Study 03-02-08 Pt_1.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible Study 03-02-08 Pt_2.mp3

mercy, peace and love
Kat

phyllis

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:00:24 PM »

That's Kat< That was very interesting. But I don't expect to be withthe elect group. I just don't have that kind of faith. My friend always tell me that God has a plan for me and his holy spirit is working in me. My problem is faith. I know the holy spirit has to be working in me, because I'm able to understand alto of Ray's teaching. Therefore God must be removing the scales from my eyes. Still all in all I don't have enough faith. You know where God says worrying is a sin.How can one not worry about someones situation? We just moved into a house from a fem trailer. Now Fema said they can't help with the rent.  Rent went from 350 mo. to 1100 mo. for a 2 bedroom.Unbelievable. Now we have to be out by the 1st. We have no where to live. How am I not to worry about something kike this? Anyways Thank you for letting me vent.

Peace be with you and yours.

Phyllis

Kat

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »

Hi Darren,

We only have the faith we are given.

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mat 21:22  And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing 4100 (pisteuō - to have faith, trust), you shall receive.

So we should pray for God to give us faith, believing and if we believe He will give it to us.  You see it a cycle, faith is believing and believing is faith  :)

It would be easy for me to sit here and say, don't worry and everything will be okay.  But it is only through "much tribulation..." that we can be one of His.

Act 14:22  confirming the souls of the disciples, calling on them to continue in the faith and that through much tribulation we must enter into the kingdom of God.

But also we have Peter tell us it is only "a little while..."

1Peter 1:6  in which you greatly rejoice, yet a little while, if need be, grieving in manifold temptations;
v. 7  so that the trial of your faith (being much more precious than that of gold that perishes, but being proven through fire) might be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

I do pray for you and your family in this times of uncertainty.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

winner08

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:45:36 PM »

Does anybody have an Idea of what we'll be doing after The lake of fire? When the rest of humankind is turned from flesh to spirit?

Stevernator

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

well it says God will be all in all.

1Co 15:25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
1Co 15:27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him."
1Co 15:28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)"

Not quite sure what that entails. I really cannot imagine what it will be like.

winner08

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 01:13:22 AM »

The mind can not grasp the term imortality. We know what it means, but what does it inclued. Being spirit. This term (being spirit) what a concept!! To be free of one"s mortal body. Are we going to be spirit on the planet earth or are we going to be able to go throughout the universe? It's mind boggeling.

Peace to you and your's

Kat

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 02:32:01 AM »

Hi Darren,

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

When Christ brings His judgments to this earth all the inhabitants of the world, this must include all of humanity that ever lived at some point, will learn righteousness.  That will be the great task for Christ and the Elect when they are ruling and reigning (they are the Lake of fire).  It is a process now for the Elect, it will be a process of burning and purging out all of the "wood, hay, stubble" for all humanity and then they can repent and learn righteousness.  I would think for some this will be a short process (few stripes), but for others it could take a long time (many stripes).   

1Co 3:12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.