bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pope ordained by God???  (Read 4472 times)

winner08

Pope ordained by God???
« on: April 16, 2008, 01:03:27 AM »

I was listening to the news today about the pope visiting the u.s. a local radio personality asked a local resident what was her feelings on the pope. She replied that the pope was ordained by God. This got me thinking how when I was young I went to Catholic school. We were made to go to confession. Tell a priest all of our sins. Pray to the saints and the virgin Mary. Also how Catholics pry to saints for everything. My thought is, isn't this one reason why Jesus came, So He would be the mediator for us. A go between for humans and God the Father. Wouldn't it  be a sin to pray to the saints, and Mary the mother of Jesus? How about praying to a statue of Jesus , would that be considered a sin? (idol worshiping). Anyways all this came flooding in when I heard that the pope was ordained by God.                    

Thank y'all

Darren

Stevernator

Re: Pope ordained by God???
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:58:35 AM »

I agree with what you are saying. I was raised catholic and was even an altar boy for a while. I think it is pretty presumptuous to prop up a man as vicar of Christ and call him infallible. You are right we can go straight to Jesus with our sins.

Act 17:24 The God Who makes the world and all that is in it, He, the Lord inherent of heaven and earth, is not dwelling in temples made by hands,
Act 17:25 neither is He attended by human hands, as if requiring anything, since He Himself gives to all life and breath and all."
Act 17:26 Besides, He makes out of one every nation of mankind, to be dwelling on all the surface of the earth, specifying the setting of the seasons and the bounds of their dwelling, for them to be seeking God, if, consequently,
Act 17:27 they may surely grope for Him and may be finding Him, though to be sure, not far from each one of us is He inherent,
Act 17:28 for in Him we are living and moving and are, as some poets of yours also have declared, 'For of that race also are we.'"

Ray pointed out that according to the scriptures the saints are dead so what would be the point of praying to them. Scipture seems to suggest that she had other children (Mar 6:3)
God prohibited making graven images so I would think that it might be a sin.

Once you come out of Babylon you start to realize all of the unscriptural stuff in the church.  :o

-Steve

winner08

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:26:39 AM »

So is the church that Jesus warns us about? The Catholic church (whore of Babylon)?? Who deceives the whole world? They sure have a great start. Praying to saints (who are dead). praying to idols. priest acting like they have the power to forgive. That's what Jesus said (your sins are forgiven). This is why the religious leaders kill Jesus. They claimed that only God could forgive sin. They, of course didn"t believe Jesus was the Son of God. What right does a priest tell you to say 3 hailmarys and 4 our fathers, and your sins are foregiven? Man I would hate to be in their shoes at judgment.

Peace to you

Darren

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »

Hi Darren,

So is the church that Jesus warns us about? The Catholic church (whore of Babylon)??

I think I found that answer for you, it is in part 11 of the Lake of Fire series 'THE DEPTH OF SATAN AND THE CHURCH OF GOD.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html ------

And although the Church has the milk of the word, they also have "the DEPTHS of Satan" in their "minds and hearts." It is but the remainder, the few, "the rest in Thyratira," and therefore, the rest in the seven churches, "which HAVE NOT this doctrine, and which HAVE NOT known [in their ‘minds and hearts’] THE DEPTHS OF SATAN."

Virtually all Christian Churches worldwide have within their doctrines, the depths of Satan. And that is why the cry goes out from God Almighty:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying ‘COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

Come out of… who? Who is the "her?" Her is a WOMAN. A woman in Scripture is a symbol for a CHURCH.

Who is to "come out?" Answer: "MY people." Where are they? In her, in the CHURCH. What Church? The MOTHER CHURCH. Who is the MOTHER CHURCH?

The church that appears to be so good, with good doctrines, and good teachings and spiritual appearing good works and righteousness, which in reality are abominations:

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT WHORE that sits upon many waters [many nations of people]: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication [intimate religious/political/economic relationships], and the inhabitants of the earth have been made [spiritually] DRUNK with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of ABOMINATIONS and FILTHINESS of her FORNICATION: And upon her forehead [where WE should have the name of God our Father, Rev. 14:1, but this mother church has instead…] …a name written,

MYSTERY, BABYLON, THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Rev. 17:1-5).

So here is the worldwide mother church with her many catholic and protestant daughters, that sits upon many nations of people, holding a spiritual looking gold cup that when one partakes of it and drinks it down inside, it is really filled with, "abominations and filthiness"—instead of being the marvelous spiritual "DEPTHS of God" it is rather, "the DEPTHS of Satan.
------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Matt

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 04:57:35 AM »

When I was a catholic kid growing up, I had no clue that there was any other way than the one I was taught, but for some strange reason, I always "felt" as if it was all wrong.
Now I/we know better!
Though I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be, I feel honored knowing that "Christianity" is wrong and there are answers to all those tough questions.

Matt

phazel

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »

I'm sorry,  but everytime I see any picture of the pope all dressed up with that hat I think that someone has put clothes on a bleached prune.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.