bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus cleanses the Temple  (Read 6441 times)

hdjohn

Jesus cleanses the Temple
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

Hello,
  I have really enjoyed this site so far, along with Rays website and now I'm enjoying his audios on his forum wich is helping me understand a truth I've been seeking 13 years now!! My topic or question if you will; is the scriptual insite on the gospel of Luke, chapter 19:45, Luke writes towards the end of the Masters ministry he cleanses the temple, Then I read in the book of John, chapter 2:16, John writes, in the beginning of HIS ministry he gets very upset finding money changers in HIS FATHERS House. I was asking for some of your veiws on this matter. Was this an acurate account  of both times or where the Gospel writers making the same point in there message not to be taken literaly as Jesus Himself often spoke? What do you think?
                                                                                                                         Thank-you, JOHN ><> 3:16

Martinez

Re: Jesus cleanses the Temple
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »

Hi hdjohn.

John 2:16 ties in with Revelation

Joh 2:16  And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Joh 2:17  And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Rev 13:17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

The Christian church today is busy buying and selling there own doctrines (pearls), righteousness (fine linen) and good works (gold and silver) that they have no time to sell everything they have to buy the genuine articles from their Christ.

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

It is impossible to please God with our own good works because they are as filthy rags to God.
What the Christian church thinks is a covering of fine linen is nothing more than the linen used to wrap the bodies of the dead. that is why they are filthy rags because they are unclean to touch and when We offer them to God he will not accept them.

hdjohn

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 03:10:39 AM »

thank-you Martinez,

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:26:43 AM »

Good Morning John from Readyville, TN

Welcome to the forum and praise for your 13 year journey seeking truth.
We all are seeking a better understanding and the full truth of God's plan for His children.
I'm sure that you will learn much to expand your thinking here on the forum and we
look forward to learning more about you, so please share a little more of your history
and the challenges you may have had on your journey of faith.

Indiana Bob
DOB 1935
Culver, IN

hdjohn

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 12:15:03 PM »

Thanks, Indinana Bob!!
  My intrest of God started 13 years ago in a smoke filled A.A. clubhouse in TN., I was in a lot of trouble, hearing voices,facing divorce, drug dealer of 15 years, who had just got off the phone trying to reach the president of the U.S. to wish him a merry christmas!!! If I remember correctly I got as far as the oval office's secretary!!!! not a very smart thing for a man to do who sells marijauna for a living.
   waking up the following morning shaking and scared; notice the phone co. outside working on the telephone pole!!!  Oops.......could it be the C.I.A.!!!!!   LOL!!!!!
   I vagely remember an A.A. guy sitting me down and drawing me a picture of a circle and putting a dot in the center of the circle. Told me that dot was me! Put a bunch of other dots on the outsde of the circle and told me those dots represented other people, and everywhere I looked from inside that circle, all I could see was other people. He called that "self-centeredness"
  He then softly and calmly proceded to tell me what A.A. was going to try to do............He drawed another circle, this time putting a throne in the middle of the circle, He put a  "G" on that throne, and told me that G represented my idea of GOD, said they where going to try to take me out of the center of that circle and put me back out there with the rest of the people.
   That is why I think the temple cleansing is so important to me!!

kweli

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:54:59 AM »

WOW. Where do I sign? I want to join this AA clubhouse, just for their profound teachings.

Welcome to the forum John. Your testimony is bizarre. May He keep you in His rest.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »

Hello John

The Temple cleansing is VERY important and what you have observed is also very important.

You are comparing Luke and John. Lets look at John since your name too is John. It is a very beautiful name with much significance. You know God's Words are very significant and filled with meaning purpose and truth. I have in one of my study files the assertion that the meaning of the name John is God has been gracious. 

Also if you look at the Gospel of John there are no parables and this is very different to the Gospel of Matthew where, according to my notes, there are twenty parables. We know that Jesus spoke only IN Parables. We have come to understand and perceive through the teachings brought to light by Ray Smith, the the entire Bible is a Parable.

There are meanings and layers upon layers of spiritual insights into the ways and purposes of God all throughout the Bible which is Gods Word. God hides things but he promises to reveal His Ways to those who will seek Him.

We are all seekers here! I have come to believe that the fourth and final gospel of John represents the true and pure kingdom of heaven which is above and as I see it, it is for this reason that Christ will be seen as He is in His Kingdom, is perhaps why God saw fit not to include any parables in the Gospel of John. When we reach the Kingdom of God who is Love, we should be beloveds of Christ too not so? I think so.  Like its author, John is the pure beloved of Christ.

You are named with the name of a very precious and significant person in the Word of God.

Peace to you
Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:34:26 PM by Arcturus »

hdjohn

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:26:02 AM »

BOY, HAVE I FOUND A GOOD FORUM!!!!!!! THANK'S YA'LL

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »

Hello there John

Thank you for your encouraging response. I do have to correct my post to you though.

A dear Sister today edified me and revealed to me that actually the Gospel of John does have ONE parable! This correction providentially strengthens my view that the John Gospel reflects the Kingdom of God because as Jesus said, I and the Father are ONE! And where is this recorded....watch...in non other but in JOHN 10 : 30  8)

Also Ray teaches that the parables are also all ONE. :D

Peace to you brother

Arcturus :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 02:03:08 AM »

Hi John  I enjoyed your testimony.
My husband and I live within 35 miles of you.

hdjohn

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »

HELLO JACKIE LEE!!!!

A GOOD SOUTHERN NAME!! HOW YA'LL?  LOL!!!!
   I WAS GOING TO E-MAIL CRAIG AND SEE, WHEN I HAD SOME MORE TIME -IF'N YA'LL HAD SOME BIBLE STUDIES ALONG THOSE LINES RAY TEACHES?  SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO 37149 ARE YOU GUY'S GETTING TOGETHER AND SHARING WHAT GOD IS REVEALING?

THANK-YOU YOU JACKIE LEE,
                                                                                               john ><> 3:16

Jackie Lee

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »

Hi again John, as far as I am concerned I am still learning ever so slowly. I have been on this forum a bit over a year, but certainly not well informed.
God just reveals small amounts for me and it seems to be slow, so I just read Ray's papers and that is overwhelming. ;D
My husband doesn't believe as I at this moment so I tread lightly.

hdjohn

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 02:38:35 AM »

ME TOO!!!!
                                    JOHN  <><  3:16
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.