bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: free will an illusion ?  (Read 10977 times)

chav

free will an illusion ?
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

Hi

scientists claim that there is no such thing as free will.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=560149&in_page_id=1965

Now where have I heard that before ?

Dave

lilitalienboi16

Re: free will an illusion ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »

It's so nice to see science finaly catching up to the scriptures  :D

God bless and thanks for sharing!

Alex

musicman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:21:29 PM »

Hi

scientists claim that there is no such thing as free will.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=560149&in_page_id=1965

Now where have I heard that before ?

Dave

"Let's go to the music man for his unique scriptural anaylasis."
"Music man, as a student of God's holy word, what do you say about the new scientific discovery that man has no free will?"

NO Crap!!!

Matt

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »

It is almost as if.....someone or something else is in charge....could it be that...
Pr. 20:24 Man's steps are ordained by the Lord; how then can man understand his way?
Matt ;D

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »

But you see, the scientists are wrong! The folks at God TV have nailed this once and for all!

WARNING! CONTAINS "OVER-THE-TOP NONSENSE"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmcOgJt5LHc&feature=related

God bless you,
Eirik

PS. That cool and arrogant tone those folks have makes me sick.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

winner08

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

I know I have no free will. I can't stop sinning! I want to but I can't on my own.

Darren

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »

Exactly Darren, that alone is proof that we don't have free will!
But try to tell that to the people at God TV...

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

winner08

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »

God TV that's funny. I'm reminded of a person I was on line with, and we were chatting about sin. This person said he never sins. He never sins. I was dumb struck. I told him well he and Jesus was the only 2 perfect people in this world that never sinned or sins. The truth came out, he didn't believe in Jesus or God. The higher than mighty attitude some of these people have is unbelievable to me. I seen where there having a big debate on teaching ONLY evolution in schools. Has anybody notice when they took God out of school everything went down hill. I believe it started in the 60s.

Just a thought  Darren

musicman

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 10:33:02 PM »

I seen where there having a big debate on teaching ONLY evolution in schools. Has anybody notice when they took God out of school everything went down hill. I believe it started in the 60s.

Just a thought  Darren
[/quote]

Do you really want the schools teaching Babylon's god to the children?  Evolution can be learned, understood and dismissed.  It just takes the eyes to see its' flaws.

winner08

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 04:58:25 PM »

Yes musicman: It seems like, let me rephrase that, ever since the political leaders took God out of the schools it all went down hill. I am a firm believer of this. Has anything gotten better since God was taking out of the public school system?? NO! Now the leaders want to take God out of our pledge of legions. Our court rooms. wherever they see God,they want Him out. This is why this once Greatly Bless by God's nation is all but ready for the BIG FALL. It won't be long.

Thanks Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 07:42:17 PM »

Just a little tiny reminder. The people at God TV also have no free will!  ;)

musicman

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »

Yes musicman: It seems like, let me rephrase that, ever since the political leaders took God out of the schools it all went down hill. I am a firm believer of this. Has anything gotten better since God was taking out of the public school system?? NO! Now the leaders want to take God out of our pledge of legions. Our court rooms. wherever they see God,they want Him out. This is why this once Greatly Bless by God's nation is all but ready for the BIG FALL. It won't be long.

Thanks Darren

God was never in the schools.  However, god is alive and well there.  I have heard plenty of teachers spouting off about their trinity god in front of students and even witnessed a collegue of mine tell a student "hell is hotter".  The kid was complaining that it was hot outside.  The problem with the schools is funding cuts and teachers and schools aren't aloud to discipline.  But God was never there.  I don't care about the pledge because I no longer say it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:49:34 PM by musicman »

chuckt

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »

intereting thanks!, i find many athiest holding up the idea of ""freewill""

strange.

blessings
chuckt

phazel

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »

Thanks Darren

Hi Darren, this is not meant to critisize your beliefs or opinions, only to point out a few things.   The government is not in control of peoples hearts.  

As far as the blessings on this great nation, I suppose it all depends on the perspective of who you are.    I'm sure back in the 60's the blacks who had to ride in the back of the bus were sure glad God was in schools showing the great wonderful God of the US of A.

What we really have is a babylonians perspective biasing our thoughts about where God is and  who is worshipping him or serving him.  Accoring to babylon, I am living in sin and aiding and abeding the dwevil taking souls to hell because I want to go see the Golden Compass movie.  According to babylon, I cannot experience God completely unless I enter into their Pagan Temple and pay them money.  God must be force fed to the nation in order for God to be active in society.

I play violent video games and watch movies like Saw.  They are  sure that I am headed to hell and that I have removed God from my life and am displeasing him at every turn.   Screw their God.

Now has God really been removed from the schools?   Are there no kids that pray in schools?  Of course there are, the issue is that christians do not see their pagan rituals being practiced in public,  so the idol of their heart was smashed in the public school.

The christians are fighting for their Pagan Idol,  thats all.

Please do not take my post personal.

Paul

musicman

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »

Paul!!
Get a hold of yourself.  It's screw their god, not their God.

phazel

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »

Paul!!
Get a hold of yourself.  It's screw their god, not their God.

I rEPENT!!

winner08

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:44 AM »

Phazel: It's cool, I understand. I know cutting the schools budget "s been hurting our kids for yrs. Yet It's my belief that God is removing His hand from the USA,and as a nation we're falling hard and fast. God's bless this nation for over 200yrs. It just seems to me When God is taking out of the equation things get much worse. (that"s just my thought)

Pandora

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »

~ This is the very first Message board
that I've been on which does not believe in FREE Will.

When I ask the others what their Will is FREE of ? No one has ever answered.

But they want to teach me that we have a FREE Will. Which is not of the Bible.

I tell them yes, we have a will to choose.

But our Will is not FREE of any Choice!

They can't stand me! ~
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:56:35 PM by Pandora »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 11:40:56 PM »

Hi Pandora for me when I found out I actually had no free will I was surprised in one way but in another way my life started making sense.
Even though I know this great truth, there are times I still revert back to my thoughts of freewill for a brief moment.
My first church years ago was a baptist church so it was almost ingrained in me that everyone has freewill.
Now I know we do not.

They can't stand me! ~

vanityandvexation

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 03:06:26 AM »

They can't stand me! ~

Your issue is one of semantics, perhaps it should be called "Freedom of Choice."

Princeton definition of Will: "determine by choice; "This action was willed and intended"

With all due respect, the idea that "we have a will to choose" seems preposterous to me.

We are here for God's good pleasure, our steps are ordained by the Lord, For it is God who wills

"I have known, O Jehovah, that not of man [is] his way, Not of man the going and establishing of his step."

I remember the cloudy days of deception back in Babylon wherein I thought I had a will to choose. I loathe those days and will never go back. Someone once said "the Truth shall set you free." The day I realized I have no will, I felt freedom like never before.

And I praise God that my salvation, my "if by any means I may partake of the earlier resurrection," is not dependent upon any will of mine to choose, but rather by the order of the Lord and his perfect choosing. No matter what happens, I will be IN God, in the end. And there is nothing I can do, or choose to do, to change that.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.