bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worldly troubles in our heart  (Read 6535 times)

hillsbororiver

Worldly troubles in our heart
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »

Many threads and posts appear here with people agonizing over who hates Ray, who is right in war and politics, what do we do about immigration, Muslims, Mexicans,  Moroccans, Aliens, etc. What's up with the price of oil, ink jet cartridges, kitty litter and all sorts of worldly issues.

Why are we concerning ourselves with this? Do we not believe Him when He says;  

Mat 11:28  Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Are we forgetting?

Joh 8:23  And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

I have found life much less gut wrenching, much less driven to anger, more patience growing in me as I let go of this world and its problems and leave it up to the Lord to sort out.

Now I am content to persue this one on one relationship with the Lord, trying also to help out other individuals as they cross my path, but save the world? Not a chance, I can't do it, and it will only frustrate to try.

Why are we concerning ourselves with these issues?

Just asking,

Joe

Mark J.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 12:50:11 PM »

Well said Joe.

I was just thinking that after stupidly getting drawn into that immigration thread.

I don't know what I was thinking. Just have to keep remnding myself sometimes that for God, nothing is impossible and trust Him to do what's best. :D

Becky

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »

thanks joe!!!! exactly!!!! :D

shibboleth

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »

I think we forget we have an adversary who goes about like a roaring lion to seek and devour whomever he will. We also forget we are no match for Satan in our flesh. In our spirit we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. But in our flesh, we are as weak as a newborn baby in fighting Satan. Satans great commission is to divide and destroy.

Thanks Joe, for reminding me that we are here for a spiritual uplifting. Anything else is just part of this dusty old earth.

ertsky

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »

come on you guys!!!

you know as well as i do that the price of kitty litter IS IMPORTANT!!!

how dare you even suggest otherwise !

you can all have sweet fellowship with Christ and the Father in the spirit if you like but as for me and my house we will fret and worry and pay attention to any distraction going to avoid the real issues in life !

some times i just don't know if you guys are even with it!

harumph

f

:lol:

Becky

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:07:31 PM »

Quote from: ertsky
come on you guys!!!

you know as well as i do that the price of kitty litter IS IMPORTANT!!!

how dare you even suggest otherwise !

you can all have sweet fellowship with Christ and the Father in the spirit if you like but as for me and my house we will fret and worry and pay attention to any distraction going to avoid the real issues in life !

some times i just don't know if you guys are even with it!

harumph

f

:lol:

Funny thing though, that is what I hear a lot... that we can't "ignore" what is going on in the world as if we'd be cheating in the game of life or something if we didn't vote, pick sides etc.  Someone told me that my attitude was a cop-out.   :?

ertsky

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »

Good health so I can work to support my family.
food on my table.
a roof over my head.
a wife who I can share all with.
cloths on my back.
friends.
And I could keep going on but our needs are many and God knows each and everyone of them.
Thank you Joe for that post.

bobby

you said it good Bob

1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.

the Lord bless You out of Zion Brother

f

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 08:12:21 PM »

Thanks for all of your comments. Have you noticed that it is only in the OT that you read about nation building, worldly gain, vengeance and all of the other stuff we regularly hear on the evening news? In the NT it is about us as individuals growing in His Spirit? Putting away the flesh for the incorruptable spirit.

Mickyd

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »

I've had my fill of the troubles of this world. That's why I'm here....I learned some time back to let God fight my battles. He handles them much better than me.

Thanks for the post Joe....we all need to be reminded of this from time to time.

Sorin

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 10:49:35 PM »

Great post Joe! I must confess I'm guilty of letting the worldy troubles come between God and I. I've been feeling pretty down lately about "worldy" things
, but I have learned that the reason for this was because I need to put God first. And that God is causing this to get me to realize the error of my ways.
In other words, I have put the things I wanted or idolized above God, and
God is not  pleased with being second place. So of course He had to humble
me. :oops:

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 11:47:28 PM »

Micky & Sorin, we all fall prey to these troubles from time to time, but it always lifts me up when I remember our Lord's Words. He knows how we think (better than we do) and He knows our weak flesh and even when the spirit is willing the flesh fails us.

Mat 26:41  Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Joh 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The story of Martha & Mary is a beautiful example of how we can get caught up in the mundane tasks and worries of this world, sure enough we will have our times of real testing but that seems to be when we have our backs to the wall and have no where to turn then we seek Him with zeal, it is the day to day smaller things that wear down our edge, like dragging a sword in the sand.

Luk 10:38  Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

Luk 10:39  And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

Luk 10:40  But Martha was encumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

Luk 10:41  And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

Luk 10:42  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

I think we are all capable of having Martha moments,

Joe

Mickyd

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 09:46:35 AM »

I've been through many trials and tribulations in my short time here in this world. If I had known then what I know now, I would have saved myself allot of heart ache and pain.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

It's a hard thing to do....but sometimes if we just be still and wait on the lord and put all our trust and faith in him, then the things that unfold will amaze you.

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

I have found more wisdom in these few passages than in all the words that friends or family can provide. But, like I said before....it's a hard thing to do.

longhorn

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 12:56:38 PM »

Im learning when we come out of Babylon, we better do so with the FULL ARMOR ON.

lONGHORN

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 01:32:20 PM »

Great post MickyD.......

Longhorn, you got that right my friend........

Joe

ertsky

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »

as i read i started to hear

confidence in God, is so great a thing

confidence in God and no confidence in the flesh

learning obedience as we suffer for His sake, what a profound honour!

Phi 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

reading the thread it becomes evident that God is always achieving His perfect will in all things.

in all our trials and afflictions, in all our blessings and comforts

bless you heaps saints

f

Psa 84:11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psa 84:12  O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

yes whether abased or abounding

Phi 4:12  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Phi 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Phi 4:14  Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

good morning !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.