bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 4329 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Thanks
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »

I'm sixteen years old, and have wavered between faith and atheism to a considerable extent over the last several years. At the moment, I would describe myself as an agnostic - however, up until I discovered your site, my beliefs could in short be summarized as "I'm not sure there's a God, but I'm pretty certain I'm going to burn eternally for believing that". It's made me a very bitter person as regards religion, and I've fervently argued the cause of atheism and the idea of God being cruel and unforgiving on several occasions - I simply could not reconcile the idea of a God who is at all just and loving with the idea of a God who sends non-believers to hell to suffer eternally, no matter what good they do in life.
I discovered your site just a few hours ago, through - of all things - a MySpace ad. I have no idea what I have on my MySpace that would cause me to get ads about hell and the rapture, but for some reason, I was drawn to click on the ad for your website, and spent a while reading through your Lake of Fire sermons.
All I can say is thank you. The arguments you present are so simple, and make so much sense, I don't understand why I've never seen anyone else present them before, and why I've never come to the same conclusions despite my (admittedly not in-depth; I'd been meaning to get around to it in more detail!) research into the matter. I won't say you've converted me to true belief in God, not quite yet, but your website has certainly helped reconcile me to the idea of God, and as to what lead me to your site in the first place... well, I don't make a habit of checking random ads, and I'm not sure I've ever clicked on one before more than once or twice. So I'm not fully against the idea that my discovering your site was no coincidence.
Again, thank you for your work, and I genuinely hope this has started me down the path to finally discovering faith in God.
Craig

Dear Craig:
I think that you are on the right track. Even the most educated and honest Scientists are now convinced that there was "A Beginning" just as Gen. 1:1 has stated for thousands of years. And many of them are also coming to see that this "beginning" had a "Beginner" of ultra-supernatural wisdom and power. It is the Christian Church, not Scientists who are driving away millions with their foolish 6000 year old earth and universe theory.  I will make this all clear at our Nashville Conference. Keep reading the material on our site. You will learn a lot.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.