bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Poll

The firs shall be last and the last shall be first

Don't know
- 1 (100%)
Need answers
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie from New Zealand  (Read 5431 times)

Heidi

Newbie from New Zealand
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:46:56 AM »

Hi all, This may be the wrong site to post this but I am new and don't know my way round yet.  So please be patient.  Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

My name is Heidi and I am overjoyed to be part of this forum and to have fellow believers to talk to.  I feel like a sponge at the moment and I just want to soak it all in.  

A bit about myself.  My family and I immigrated to New Zealand from South-Africa in 1997 and I am in love with New Zealand.  So I suppose you could call me an South-African-New-Zealander.  Very irrelevant now (come to think of it)

I have been hammered by my family regarding bible-truths everything from being part of a cult, is it safe, you have a spirit of deception, etc.

I don't even try to comment on most of their remarks because I know what I know and have peace in my heart that surpass all understanding.  Never had that before until God dragged me to Him.  

After all that.....my question is:
Ray mentions in his installment "Lake of Fire" series about the first will be last and the last will be first.  He puts in brackets that he does not have time to explain it then.  Can someone please guide me to where I could find any material re this or answer it for me.

I look forward to chatting with you all

Love
Heidi

joyful1

Re: Newbie from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 06:40:03 AM »

Hi Heidi and Welcome!
Maybe this will help... click on this link:

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

(*scroll down to the section subtitled:A FEW FABLES AND DAMNABLE HERESIES IN TODAY’S CHURCH and begin reading there)

"For MANY are called, but FEW are chosen" (Matt. 22:14).

"So the last [called] shall be first, and the first [called] last: for MANY be called, but FEW chosen [in this church age]" (Matt. 20:16).

Oh yes, the "first shall be last"—they will be saved, but they will be the "last" to be saved in the Great White Throne Judgment.

there's an entire thread here at the forum posted by Susan titled: First Shall be Last (click on this link:)   http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6598.msg52944.html#msg52944

you can also do an advanced google search and find other places on the BT site where this is discussed a bit more

again...great to have a newbie from New Zealand!
take care!
Joyce :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:03:59 AM by joyful1 »

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:01:01 AM »

Welcome to the forum

This as good a place to introduce yourself as anywhere, people can also post pics and use this are to let people know more about themselves.

I have always wanted to travel to New Zealand and Australia and South Africa...what season is it there ?

This is a good place to fellowhip with more and hopefully meet up physically  with a "few" others who have the same beliefs. I look forward to you posts

beloved.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »

Hi Heidi,

I am glad you have joined us here  :)
Your family is still in the dark concerning the Truth, so they do not understand the light that you embrace.  They are just trying to protect you from something that in their ignorance they fear. 
It is so good to have this place of fellowship.  To be able to join in conversation with like minded people is a great blessing, since we are all schattered abroad.  So I hope you will find a rest here with us away from the world, so to speak. 

Here is a link to forum info and indexes.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Link to Ray's audios.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of audios.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Martinz

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Heidi from another Newbie from New Zealand!

I just got approved a few minutes ago. I had actually joined more than a year ago but my membership lapsed. so, now I shall reacquaint with the good mob on this forum.  They are really good supportive people and you should be OK and at home in no time!

I agree with Kat. You must feel a deep sense of conviction born of the Holy Spirit and there is a sense of joy in that. Just thank them and bless them those ones who don't understand - in a kind of detached way, 'cause they're in that vibe of 'scaremongering' you into religious manipulation/dependence on them...and stuff.

I gotta go and get some sleep now, so that I can re-introduce myself tomorrow.
Catch up with you later. God bless you! :)

joyful1

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »

:D Welcome back Martinz! are you the one that just had the baby boy?
maybe I've got you mixed up with someone else?

gmik

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:42:11 AM »

Hi and Welcome Heidi....Wow, the world is sure a small place isn't it....instant family anywhere!!!

We need gals here to combat the occasional testosterone overload.... :D
Just kidding guys.....

So read Ray and then come and "talk" to us!!!

Martinz

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »

Joy to joyful1! No I haven't got a baby boy - I'm still a single guy.  But my classmate just became a proud grandmother for the first time, today - Joy to Jayne! ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:37:41 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Heidi!

I think it is almost a rite of passage when we discover these wonderful Truths of God we want to share them with family and friends and then we run into the brick wall of stubborness and rejection. I do firmly believe there is a very Godly purpose to this experience though, if the seed of His Word is planted in good ground we begin to witness to our loved ones through our actions and not clever arguments.

We learn to live the Word rather than recite the Word.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:58:12 AM »

Welcome Heidi,

Glad you joined us, It's admirable that you want to tell family members and relatives about these wonderfull truths. For years as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I pushed what I believed to be the truth to the point of aggravating other's, including my first wife. My intentions were sincere, because I was taught that if they didn't become JW's, they would probably die forever at Armageddon, now I don't need to concern myself with this, our conduct is probably the best witness, as Hillsborriver(Joe) alluded to.

God had us experience such things for our training and disipline, also it helps to humble us. If God wants them to be blind and believe the lie, for now, they will. It must be true, I remember in the past showing people documented evidence that Aion never means Eternal and Punishment(chastisement) was only temporary and they still couldn't see it, just as we couldn't see these things at one time.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

JD

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »

Hi Heidi.

Great to see another Kiwi on the forum!

Where in N.Z. are you? My friends and I reside  in West Auckland and have been meeting together after reading Rays stuff for some time now. I seeeeeeeeeee the Light!!

God has lead you to these truths for a purpose greater than you can ever imagine.

Be great to make contact with you some time in the future.

God bless.

Johnny and Co.

little rock

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 07:26:27 AM »

welcome fellow kiwi great to see God enlightening a few more New zealanders to help spread the good news.i'm in nelson and have heard there is a church in hamilton where the preacher is teaching the salvation of all.yeah God and bless you in your journey to know the Lord and His wonderful ways.
Peace to all.

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »

:D oops Martinz--sorry...wrong guy!
Heidi-- hows the "soaking" coming along? Good to have you onboard!

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »

Hi! Newbie from New Zealand this is Newbie from UK.

Welcome sister, nice to hear from someone downunder, I have relatives dotted all round Australia but none as far as I'm aware that have come out of the dungeons of Babylon. Can you feel the fresh air, much fresher than  your mountainous snowy regions.

Little Rock who lives not far from you i indeed a lucky guy to have found a Church where the pastor believes and teaches "Salvation for All". A rarity no doubt, may they grow in strength and let their conduct be their witness.

God bless you stick with it regardless of family and friends. Keep Jesus' words firmly in your mind; "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that doth not take his cross and follow after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." (Matt.10:37-39)..

God bless you and may your family and friends see the light through you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.