bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presidential Elections  (Read 6287 times)

tthorn

Presidential Elections
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a while but I am on the site quite often.  I have a question.  How are we to respond (if at all) to the current presidential nominations?  I am constantly being asked about it or find myself being caught up with the latest news.

Should we be involved (vote) at all?  I know we are to come out of her.  Does it apply here?  Are there any emails on the subject.

Tee

mharrell08

Re: Presidential Elections
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »

Here are a few emails from Ray on Politics:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1808.0.html

Hello Ray,

I really enjoy your articles, especially those on the subject of Hell. I have two questions:

1. Should "True Christians be involved in Politics and vote ?

2. When "Searching the deepthings of God", is using one's analytical skills and logic a stumbling block, or a god-given help ?

Thanks for your time.

Willie

Dear Willie:
No, a true follower of Jesus cannot be involved in politics. Jesus certainly did not take part in any such worldly activities.

As the Scriptures can hold up to analysis and logic, there is nothing wrong in using analysis and logic in studying and/or teaching the Scriptures.
God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,35.0.html

Hallo, Mr.Ray SMITH:

I email you before about trying to get a law to stop the church requirement of the sin of tithing by petitioning for it to the State Rep.   My next move for the no-tithing law is already in the hands of this state's representative again. I had written to the Rep. that tithe money is a steal and therefore the churches are laundering stolen income in the regular income of the church. You see it is not unconstitutional to regulate businesses away from laundering income from other sources. I hope that you as a man of God who cares for the real church of christ as shown by your tithe-paper will be intersted in trying to demostrate to the State Rep in your community that the church is not a business venture but a non-for-profit organization with offerings and sales income.

Thank you for being concern.

Best Regards,
Cesar       

Dear Cesar:
I am an "Ambassador for Christ" (I Cor 5:20). Ambassadors cannot legally take part in the politics of foreign nations.  Jesus never, ever got involved in the operations of the Roman Government over the Jews. We are never taught to "march on Washington," etc. But we are told to COME OUT OF THE WORLD and be separate. "Let the DEAD bury the dead."
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:11:11 AM by mharrell08 »

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:18:03 AM »

Tee,

Also I wanted to say that I used to follow the current presidential campaign from both sides. But then I thought of this interesting way someone put politics: "Basically, you're voting for the lesser of 2 evils". Then I thought, why am I voting for anything evil? Immediately, I no longer wanted anything to do with it! As an African-American, I am told by my older relatives how important it is to vote and how my ancestors died for the fact. But really, they only died for THE RIGHT to vote. Not to HAVE TO vote. So I exercise my rights to not vote.

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 02:52:34 AM »

You can cast a ballot that represents no confidence in man/either party. Votes are confidential :D

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »

In Australia as one example they are required by law to vote or receive a penaltyunless one can show a good reason for not doing so.

http://geography.about.com/od/politicalgeography/a/compulsoryvote.htm

Yep it's true!

I have I don't know how many fines accumulated for not voting. I've just never had any intrest in it, it just seems like the most pointless excessive in the world.

I don't know things work over there, but over here you have 2 main parties who's job it is to oppose each other regardless of how good an idea is being put forward. how can something like that possibly work for good?

Not to mention that the person who gets the most votes is the one who tells the biggest, juiciest lies!

Compulsory voting is the most ridiculous concept imaginable!

Stevernator

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 03:06:37 AM »

Arcturus, that made me laugh when I thought of someone registering to vote, taking time off work, standing in the cold for 3 hours, filling out the paperwork and checking none of the above and turning it in. lol just made me laugh inside. I would not be surprised if it happens though.

Marques thanks for the emails, they are good reminders.

-Steve

winner08

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 03:52:16 AM »

Man I never thought about it. to vote or not to vote? That's the question. Personally I can't see the benefit of voting. The politicians or going to do what they want to do. They don't care what you or I think. Just look at the war nobody wanted it except the Pres and his cronies. did they listen to the people No! just an example. It's always been like that. It's an illusion. trying to make you think what you say means anything. You or I won't change a thing when it comes to voting.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 08:38:17 AM »

There was nothing wrong with the question and answers that were given.  I just locked the thread before this topic veered off-course as political discussions always do.

Thanks for those who replied that kept the replies on topic and gave good answers to a choice between you and God.

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.