bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holydays Praise  (Read 3199 times)

isukusa

Holydays Praise
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »

To All:
I just have to share this or I will bust. To make a long story short I just recently learned of the beauty of the Holydays vs. our "Christian" Holidays. I was initially feeling condemned for not spending it with folks who are into the "restoration movement" that have gone a little "too far." When I say "too far" I mean that they have to worship on Saturday and feel that you must do likewise to keep the "Sabbath Commandment". Rather, what the Spirit lead me to do was stay home and do a little work around the house all weekend. My family was away and it was just me at home alone. It was during that time, puttering around the house, that I was thinking about the Passover and the freedom that we have in Christ, the freedom that we have from the slavery of sin or the "law of sin and death", the freedom from having to obtain righteousness by "obeying the law" but obtaining the "life of the Spirit" through simple obedience. I was thinking about all the elements of the Passover and I was simply blown away thinking about the bitterness of our past slavery to sin; as Paul would say, "that I do not wish to do that I do," the increadable joy of being set free, and the enormity of His sacrifice. I was thinking about the cup of Elijah and that one of these days we will all be seated at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. I was thinking about the hidden matzo and how many will meet their savior and the increadable joy and the spirit of rejoicing they will feel as I did when I first believed. I then started thinking about the days of Unleavened Bread  beginning at Passover and continuing on for the next week and how I just desired to have the Spirit point out and eliminate all the yeast (sin) in my life so that I can be closer to Jesus and continue to be conformed to His image. I say all this to say that all this joy was obtained by simply being available and obedient to the Spirit. Is this not what all the "shadows and types" of the Old Testament pointed to? Where they not pointing to this "law of the Spirit of life in Christ".  I just wanted to share what these past few days have meant to me and that none of it was obtained by what day of the week I worshipped on, whether I was working or at rest, or if I was in a church or not, or whether I celebrated a Holyday or a Holiday, I could use the name Yahweh, Yashua, Jesus, or God.  It didn't matter whether I was eating unleaved bread or not or if I was eating clean or unclean animals, I didn't have to wash my hands first, or be baptized, or go to confession or perform any other ritual to obtain Jesus' favor and forgiveness. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free...

David <><

kweli

Re: Holydays Praise
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »

Hello David

It is with great joy that we are now able to truely come before Him with praise and thanksgiving. Understanding the great sacrifice, the effects of sin and mostly the slavery we were all under is just amazing.

May He keep you in His Peace

phazel

Re: Holydays Praise
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:38:49 AM »

Hi Isukusa,

I know about the freedom part you are talking about.  While some still think they need to never miss church,  read their bible so many times a week, etc etc in order to """please"""  GOD, last Sunday me and my wife sat next to each other at home, just  enjoying being next to each other and watched prison break dvd's.  We did this ALL day, we did not stress that some clothes needed washed or a few things needed cleaned, we just spent time together on a Sunday and let the cares of religion and the world pass by for a day.

Knowing, not wondering, that it was a Godly thing to increase the joy me and my wife have together cannot really be conveyed with great words.   It can only be experienced.

That really was a "Freedom" day.

Take care

Paul

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.