bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something i realized today  (Read 8522 times)

lilitalienboi16

Something i realized today
« on: April 21, 2008, 10:29:37 PM »

Someone once told me "Don't say sorry if you're gonna do it again."

This has been a very haunting statement that runs through my mind many a nights when i find myself begging God to forgive me for the same mistake i have made a hundred times.

Make sure you MEAN it when you SAY IT. Right? That's how it goes.. don't apoligize if you don't mean it.

Saddly I do mean it, every time I do. Yet this is not enough power to change my own weak heart and spiritual state.

Well today.. while I was thanking God, i realized something. I realized it's time to stop thinking about how much i mean something when i say it, but rather - how TRUE is it?

So instead of thinking that what i said.. means nothing to God or that i'm saying it without meaning [because of how hypocritical I am], i realized i'm saying it because ITS TRUE.

Finaly i have the power to thank God even if i am the worst human on earth, why? Because i'm thanking him for what is true. Simply that.

Thanks for reading my rant! God bless,

Alex

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:31:07 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Matt

Re: Something i realized today
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:13:05 PM »

It feels good when God drills down a little deeper and reveals more to us in our own unique situations!
I pray for continued growth and understanding in your life (everyone else here too :))

Matt

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »

Amen Alex...so true!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 11:36:13 PM »

Thank you both! I'm glad i was able to share this little tiny moment in space and time were something just clicked! :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 03:56:02 AM »

So true Alex, I never thought of it in that light before, Thank you.

kweli

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »

Now you are ranting in the right direction. No longer resenting yourself, condemning yourself to the pits of puppetdom/robotdom. Im glad for you that He's doing this in you.

All Glory to Him

BTW, stop taking all the nice seats...
even if i am the worst human on earth,
  We're all seated at the lower levels remember?

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »

BTW, stop taking all the nice seats...

I'm not sure about the "nice" seats, but it sure is crowded down here :)

Craig

lorrie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »

Peace and love to everyone--Wow It is amazing that more often than not some one here writes about something i am experiencing at the same they are!
I do not believe on coincidence.Lorrie

frecklegirl417

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

To my fellow brothers and sisters:

In my opinion and my thinking which at times is a little off, God already knows if what we say we are sorry for is true or not. In my understanding he forgives each individual sin or mistake know matter how many we do a day or how many times we do the same one. We are only human, God never intended for us to be perfect in the sense we won't continue to make the same mistakes or do the same sins. If he did all the seats on the lower level would be empty. I always find myself repeating the same things and asking for forgiveness and then the next day doing it again. I find trying to change my carnal mind is hard but God's love will soon teach me how to change my mind.

Kat

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »

Hi Alex,

You know Ray has said God made us a sinning machine and you are young and full of libido  ;)  I'm glad the days of my youth are over, in that respect.  But as long as you are truely in a repentant attitude, well we know God has great mercy.

Psa 86:5  For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
       And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

1John 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Ha, we all know where we sit when you get down to it.

1Co 1:26  For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
v. 27  But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
v. 28  and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
v. 29  that no flesh should glory in His presence.

The foolish, weak, a base thing, that is dispised, that which is not (lest).  Yep I see myself right there for sure.

mery, peace and love
Kat

Phil3:10

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »

To All,
I know that I am a sinning machine but thanks be to GOD for HIS grace, mercy and forgiveness.
Phil3:10

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »

So true Alex, I never thought of it in that light before, Thank you.

I'm glad God was able to use my experience to help others! Thanks for reading =]

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »

Craig & kweli, you guys are to much! Thanks for the laughs  ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »

Peace and love to everyone--Wow It is amazing that more often than not some one here writes about something i am experiencing at the same they are!
I do not believe on coincidence.Lorrie

I don't either :D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »

To my fellow brothers and sisters:

In my opinion and my thinking which at times is a little off, God already knows if what we say we are sorry for is true or not. In my understanding he forgives each individual sin or mistake know matter how many we do a day or how many times we do the same one. We are only human, God never intended for us to be perfect in the sense we won't continue to make the same mistakes or do the same sins. If he did all the seats on the lower level would be empty. I always find myself repeating the same things and asking for forgiveness and then the next day doing it again. I find trying to change my carnal mind is hard but God's love will soon teach me how to change my mind.

Yea, we just gotta learn how to be patient and that is a lesson all on it's own. ><! I'm way to impatient.. heh..

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »

Hi Alex,

You know Ray has said God made us a sinning machine and you are young and full of libido  ;)  I'm glad the days of my youth are over, in that respect.  But as long as you are truely in a repentant attitude, well we know God has great mercy.

Psa 86:5  For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
       And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

1John 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Ha, we all know where we sit when you get down to it.

1Co 1:26  For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
v. 27  But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
v. 28  and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
v. 29  that no flesh should glory in His presence.

The foolish, weak, a base thing, that is dispised, that which is not (lest).  Yep I see myself right there for sure.

mery, peace and love
Kat

So true kat, thank you the scripture. I do really mean it when i say sorry!  :P

winner08

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »

I remember some guy named David (King), was one of the worst kind of sinners. Murder, adultery, lying, lust. These are just a few. I'm sure there's more. But God said David was a man after God's own heart. Don't quote me It's probably not right anyway. Point being if David one of Gods special people infact of all the sinning he did. Then we too are special and forgiven ever time we sin and repent of it. Does this make since to anybody? Always feel out of place when making a comment, being I really don't know.

mharrell08

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »

Darren (or Phyllis?) don't be so hard on yourself...you should always feel comfortable being yourself. What you said does make sense to me and it was a good point. Know one "knows it all" so don't be discouraged about what you think you don't know. All things come in due time including knowledge and wisdom. Ciao!

Marques

phazel

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 05:42:59 PM »

Darren (or Phyllis?) don't be so hard on yourself...you should always feel comfortable being yourself.

Marques

A - friken - MEN

LOL, I have had more trouble in my life because I just wasn't myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.