bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another newbie from New Zealand  (Read 3939 times)

Martinz

Another newbie from New Zealand
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »

As I said with Heidi, the other newbie from New Zealand, I had joined this forum more than a year ago. Then got absorbed in other stuff - mostly Jewish groups for peace with Palestine, one of the things I have been passionate about - and then kind of lost touch.

So, the reason I am back (and I hope that this time I will be back for a much much longer period) is because the Holy Spirit within me has all of a sudden turned up the volume for the passion of really getting into studying the Bible - like big time!  The thing is, even though I have been, at heart, a 'born again' Christian since I was 10 (40 years ago), the evangelical movement totally put me off Christianity and the Bible, because of their closed-minded approach to interpreting the Bible (I'll go more into this in the 'Testimonial' area of this forum -when I am ready). I mean, I have looked up the Bible from time to time, but I have never really studied it intensively.

Well, things changed when I had 2 visits from the Jehovah's Witnesses (God bless them) for home bible studies and this has activated a thirst for the Word of God.

What I am doing is reading the Bible Chronologically all the way up to Revelations, then do it again but focus more on specific areas according to what the Holy Spirit leads me to.  The thing is, when people have made bible references (the evangelicals, for example), I am unaware of the context of that scripture and I think that this is important in understanding the specific bible scripture quoted. I think alot of Christians can get deceived and manipulated by others in this way (and I could go on...).

Another thing is, except for a thorough study of L Rays study of the 'Twin Towers' and 'Trinity Heresy' and a few letters, I haven't actually started going over L Rays other stuff - and I don't want to until I have completed my double 'Bible-Holy-Spirit-Scan'.  I hope you find that OK, I need to let you know this.

This afternoon, I was about to read II Samuel 15 where David escapes from Absalom, but fell asleep!  Well, I'll have to do it tomorrow because I have already had 2 late nights!

I pray to God that I can be a reasonably constant presence on this forum and that I can be pleasant and supportive to the other members - with a bit of a sense of humour thrown in every now and again. ;)

hillsbororiver

Re: Another newbie from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:29:25 AM »

What I am doing is reading the Bible Chronologically all the way up to Revelations, then do it again but focus more on specific areas according to what the Holy Spirit leads me to.  The thing is, when people have made bible references (the evangelicals, for example), I am unaware of the context of that scripture and I think that this is important in understanding the specific bible scripture quoted. I think alot of Christians can get deceived and manipulated by others in this way (and I could go on...).

Another thing is, except for a thorough study of L Rays study of the 'Twin Towers' and 'Trinity Heresy' and a few letters, I haven't actually started going over L Rays other stuff - and I don't want to until I have completed my double 'Bible-Holy-Spirit-Scan'.  I hope you find that OK, I need to let you know this.

Hi Martinez,

Of course we all have our own unique study habits but I thought I would share what I have found to be an effective method for really searing certain scripture and understanding into my mind. As I read Ray's articles I have my Rotherham's Bible handy and the King James on esword not only verifying the scripture quoted but also reading the verses surrounding them.

Often this leads not only to a deeper understanding and appreciation of the material presented but will lead to new discoveries and insights even as I veer off topic sometimes.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Martinz

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »

Thanks Joe

Although I'm starting to feel impatient going through the Bible, verse by verse.  I have the 'Zondervan Handbook to the Bible'. In it there are summaries of each chapter: I might 'dive through the summaries' - then if particular chapters 'jump out at me' then I might grab my KJ bible and see what it might elaborate, verse by verse.

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »

Hi Martinz,

I understand that you want to finish your current bible study.  I do however want to encourage you to start reading some of Ray's installments, especially "Lake of Fire" series.  It really does cover a vast range of topics and scriptures.

Maybe alternate between the two so that you don't find yourself getting disheartened (and falling asleep) in reading the bible verse by verse.

Just a suggestion, see how God leads you.

Love
Heidi

Martinz

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 05:40:33 AM »

I know, Heidi...I am tempted, by golly gee! It's just that when I get around to checking out L Ray's stuff, I want to have a Banquet! If I get my bible groundwork completed, it becomes even more of a banquet!
That's my strategy, anyway. But, sometimes things I do are subject to unexpected changes: Some by circumstances and others by influence of the Holy Spirit.  Yes, I'm a slave to the whims of the Holy Spirit - but I'm loving it!! :D

I'm up to the part just after the building of Solomon's Temple and about to read about the Queen of Sheba's visit; that part I want to read verse by verse and the part where Solomon is tempted by his wives idol worship. Otherwise I read the summaries and skim through. Heck it's a fantastic grand epic so I don't want to skim too much. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.