bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sulfur  (Read 5502 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sulfur
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:46:35 PM »

Dear Geoff:  I will give you just two of many dozens of possible verifications from the Internet in which you are totally WRONG in your criticism of my paper with your two "WRONGS" presented in your email below. I will then reaffirm my original statements in my Lake of Fire Installment:

Hi! Mr Smith,
         In one of your papers on The Lake Of Fire, you challenge one to look up the word "Brimstone" in ANY dictionary and you will find it defined as "Sulfur." And I quote:

RAY:   "Methods of production-Ancient producers described their method of obtaining sulfur from it's ore as Purification by fire." "Physical Properties--sulfur is tasteless and Odorless..." 

Geoff:  WRONG!  It stinks to high Heaven of rotten eggs.  It's that substance that seeps from the top of volcanos.

RAY:  No, YOU are wrong.  It is "hydrogen sulfide gas" that smells like rotten eggs, not pure SULFUR.  From -- Minnesota Department of Health:  "Hydrogen sulfide gas (H 2 S) can occur in wells anywhere in Minnesota, and gives the water a characteristic "rotten egg" taste or odor. This page provides basic information about hydrogen sulfide gas and sulfur bacteria and discusses actions that you can take to minimize their effects."
        RAY:  "It has no action on the skin. Physical properties-sulfur is a poor conductor of both heat and electricity."

Geoff:  WRONG! It is highly inflammable.

RAY:  No YOU are wrong.  Whether sulfur is inflammable or not has absolutely nothing to do with the FACT, that "sulfur is a poor conductor of both heat and electricity." Wool is a great insulator and poor conductor of heath, but it also burns. You have not proved my statement wrong.  Notice the words of the scientist below: "Sulfur is NOT a conductor."  I believe that is exactly what I stated.  From: Chemistry Comes Alive,  Electrical conductivity; solids
        SULFUR

When the non-metal sulfur touches wires connected to a battery and light bulb, the bulb does not light. Sulfur is not a conductor.

chemicool.com/elements/sulfur

Conductivity:
                thermal conductivity: 0.27 J/m-sec-deg
                electrical conductivity: 0 1/mohm-cm    polarizability: 2.9 A^3

Theres no need to go on with your description of sulfur as the two WRONGS I have put before you is enough to make my point. I get my two WRONGS from the Collins paperback English-Dictionary, New Edition- for the 21st Century.  Here is the exact definition from this dictionary, "Sulphur- or us sulphur N chem a light yellow highly inflammable-nonmetallic element used in the-production of sulphuric acid, in- the vulcanization of rubber, and- in medicine. Symbol: S Sulphuric or us sulphuric Adj." So there you have it. 

COMMENT:  Excuse me, but exactly what statement from your Collins Dictionary contradicts one word in my statements on sulfur? Not one!

The heading on your Web site is  "Exposing Those Who Contradict. I have to say Mr Smith all you have managed to do with me is make me more confused, you say one thing, then when I go and do my own research I find it a total Contradiction. You see Mr Smith I'm not like most people, I can't rest, I SEEK the truth.
        May God Bless And Guide You In Your Work.
        Yours In The Faith,
        Geoff. 

COMMENT:  Below, Geoff, are the quotations WITH REFERENCES from my Lake of Fire paper. Notice that each statement has a reference to the Encyclopedia Britannica, and each has a reference page number. You neglected to show that my statements came from these pages of the Encyclopedia Britannica under the heading: SULFUR.

SOME PROPERTIES OF SULFUR

SULFUR: "It is often called brimstone (burning stone) and ignited sulfur is mentioned in the earlier records of many countries as having been used for religious ceremonies, for PURIFYING (fumigating) buildings and for bleaching cloth" (Encyclopedia Britannica, page 536d).

"Methods of Production—Ancient producers described their method of obtaining sulfur from its ore as PURIFICATION BY FIRE" (Page 537a).  "Physical Properties—Sulfur is TASTELESS and ODORLESS. IT HAS NO ACTION ON THE SKIN" (Page 537d)!

"Physical Properties—Sulfur is A POOR CONDUCTOR OF BOTH HEAT and electricity…" (Page 538a)!

Now then, Geoff, in your two 'WRONGS' and demeaning criticism, you contradict my paper, a couple of scientific references from the Internet, the Encyclopedia Britannica, AND Collins Dictionary.

There are maybe twenty-thirty professional experts in chemistry and physics,  that contributed to the Encyclopedia Britannica article on SULFUR. And I "quoted" them exactly in my paper. Do you really believe that these eminent scientists do not know as much about sulfur as you do?

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.