bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why for art Thou Saving "ALL", God?  (Read 3952 times)

UncleBeau

Why for art Thou Saving "ALL", God?
« on: April 23, 2008, 03:18:34 PM »

Most christians could see this verse almost on a daily basis:

Ephesians 2:8
8.) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Ok, saved by grace through faith. But does Scripture give us a reason why? Can you really answer someone that asks you this, rather than saying, "God has His reasons", or "I don't know, I guess we'll find out some day."? We know why we live this life through the Scriptures and through Ray's teachings, etc. and we could tell anyone that He is in the process of creating mankind in His Image (and show Scripture accordingly.) Saving us is part of the process, but why? What is God showing us with this kind of process? He shows us love so we know love, He shows us kindness so we know kindness, He shows us He is Good so we know what Good IS. But why destroy us in our sins so that we need saving? Is there a purpose behind that?
I know this is not a forum for all to "teach", but I know this is a place for those that have been given revelations to share with others, so that is what I'm attempting here. So why all the saving?

Luke 1:77-78     
 77.) to give his people the knowledge of salvation
      through the forgiveness of their sins,
 78.) because of the tender mercy of our God,
      by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven

Titus 3:5
 5.) he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Hosea 6:6
 6.) For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
       and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

There are many other Scriptures you can study with just by using the keyword, "mercy" and you'll see that all throughout the Scriptures, men show NO mercy while God shows ALL mercy. So what am I getting at? God shows us Mercy so we can learn to be merciful. What better way to show us this than by bringing us down from our carnal "heavens" and putting us in a place where we have no way out but to beg for mercy.

This is, in my opinion, the Hardest thing that "churchianity's" believers will have to overcome because the christian doctrines DO NOT show mercy to unbelievers!

James 2:13
 13.) because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

I would appreciate more Scripture that anyone has found plus anything that Ray has written on the matter.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Why for art Thou Saving "ALL", God?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:56 PM »

Great post UncleBeau, I didn't notice that verse before!
Thank you so much, I'll get back to this when I can chew a bit on it.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.