bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worries Of The World  (Read 21993 times)

Bradigans

Re: Worries Of The World
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2008, 06:11:50 PM »

Great scripture to point out Joe. I guess the "fearful" part would directly tie in to loving the life in the flesh too much and lack of faith. I'm going to go highlight that right now and remember it!

C.

Amen!!!

Bradigans

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2008, 06:13:03 PM »

Thank you to Joe and everyone that contributed to this thread. Lately I have really been overwhelmed by the worries of the world and I need reminders like this to keep my focus on the only thing I need to be focusing on, Christ Jesus. I am yet carnal and have much to overcome.
Thanks,
Steve

Amen! God bless you. You're in our prayers...

Bradigans

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »

Hi Steve,

You have a lot of company Brother!

Peace,

Joe

Amen. Now that's the truth. Keep all of us (each and everyone of us) in each and everyone of us's prayer.

- 1 Corinthians 12:14 - For the body is not one member, but many.

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

I remember reading an E-mail or Transcript of Rays, where he mentions trying so hard on his own to overcome bad desires or faults, he really wanted to stop, but couldn't do it until God decided for him to stop.

Thanks again, Samson.

P.S. I was typing this when three more replies came in, but it seems okay to submit.

Beautifully put..."he couldn't do it until God decided for him to stop."

The same could be said for the millions who "couldn't do it because God did not decide for them to stop."

"For it is God who wills..."
"The steps of a man are ordered by the Lord..."

What better explanation can you give that we have no control of ourselves?

Amen!

- 2 Corinthians 3:5-6 - Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

- Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

- Philippians 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »

Good thread,

These verses especially spoke to me:

Mat 6:34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil (worry) thereof.

I've been trying to apply these very verses lately, learning to live for the present, one day at a time.

Peace,

Joe 

The scriptures have to be made applicable after rebirth (2 Corinthians 3:6).

- John 6:63 - It is the spirit (your heart after rebirth through HOLY GHOST - Matthew 3:11) that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.   

- John 3:7 - Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

- John 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

IN HIS LOVE 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.