bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam and Eve DNA  (Read 14299 times)

lilitalienboi16

Re: Adam and Eve DNA
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »

A metaphor for a bigger spiritual meaning. That's not saying that the metaphor being used does not "physically, literally" exist. Do you not believe the Israelites "physically & literally" walk through the Red Sea? But you also know that their physical baptism through the Red Sea is what we must "spiritually" do being "baptized into His death" with Christ. Everything the Israelites did "physically & literally" is what we must do "spiritually" through Christ.

The only one who seems to contradict scripture is you Phazel. Why not email Ray or PM the mods with your thoughts and see if they can help you to understand because this post is not going anywhere except further arguing.

Marques

Very good explanation of it marques. That goes hand in hand with the verse i posted from I Cor 15:46.

In Christ,

Alex

mharrell08

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »

The only one who seems to contradict scripture is you Phazel. Why not email Ray or PM the mods with your thoughts and see if they can help you to understand because this post is not going anywhere except further arguing.

Hey, I posted my opinion, so **** off

How soon we forget... http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6918.0.html

phazel

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »

Actualy that's not true. That is incorrect because we are told the FIRST is NATURAL and AFTERWARDS that which is SPIRITUAL. So how is the story of adam and eve being literal a contradiction? Your understanding has caused this. I firmly believe adam and eve is indeed a historical account of the beginning as well as spiritual. Why? We are told.

The literal representation is that mankind was indeed created,  to say that the scriptures have to show that it was only one single man and one single woman at first is not that solid.

Literally mankind was created as males and females. 

P.S. All i can see here

Good for you, have a great  Day

ericsteven

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 06:41:01 PM »

Dan,

I apologize for what the thread you began has turned into.  I hope that there was something in it outside of the tit for tat that it quickly became that you found helpful in answering your question.

Please don't view this as representative of all members of this forum.  Though I don't post much, I have been a member of this forum for a little over a year now, and know that for the most part, people will respond kindly yet firmly on what they've learned from God through Ray.  I pray that what this thread has devolved into (name-calling and such) does not influence you to think differently about the "members of the body of Christ" or even leave our forum. 

The beast is strong within all of us, including myself.  One of the things I continue to struggle with is thinking that I know it all; even before I came to bibletruths, I had that problem. :)  But I am consistently amazed at how little I truly know after reading Ray's papers and hearing the thoughts and questions from the members of this forum.  I pray that we can all learn to discuss the Scriptures as we've learned what they mean through Ray without bitterness or hostility, remaining humble yet firm and secure in the knowledge that God has chosen to reveal to us.

God bless,

Eric

Martinez

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »

Guys what are you doing?

Yes the bible is a giant parable, and I think you're missing the point of it if this is how treat each other!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.