bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved by Grace through Faith  (Read 4723 times)

lq1over

Saved by Grace through Faith
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »

I have recently been listening to the audios. Listening to these audios open things up that when reading it I sometimes miss. It also makes me feel more connected to the group that fellowships in the truth that truly sets us free.

I recently listened to Saved by Grace through Faith and was following along with  the creation account  in Genesis the "it was good" and "it was so"  and the transition in verse GEN 1:26-29 to v30 and how it changed  by not ending in "it was good" or "it was so". I agree with the explanation. But what I was wondering about does v31 conclude GEN 1:26-29 the same way by "And God saw every thing he had made and behold , it was very good. And the evening and morning were the sixth day.  ???

Thanks to all for sharing and fellowship.
lq

Kat

Re: Saved by Grace through Faith
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »

Hi Iq,

I think that at the end of the chapter the statement, "And God saw every thing he had made and behold , it was very good."  I think God was giving a summation of the whole creation and what He was doing, His plan/purpose being worked out.
Here is a excerpt from the Lake of Fire part 10.

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html ------------------------

"And God saw every thing that He had made [‘I make peace, and create evil’ Isa. 45:7] , and, behold, it was very good…"

Is this a contradiction? No, but it takes a bit of wisdom beyond childhood to properly understand it. God makes things that are "good," even "very good," that are not inherently good. That is, they are not good in and by themselves, but they are very good, in fact, PERFECT, for the purpose for which they were created.

Here are a few that existed before our parents sinned:

The spiritual weakness of Adam and Eve

Satan the serpent devil

No protection from the serpent devil

The Tree of the knowledge of good and EVIL

Nighttime and darkness

Human emotions of greed, lust, and vanity

God created all of these things, and yet not one of them is "good" in and by its self. Yet they are all perfectly good for the purpose for which they were created. But since they are not inherently good, they will all be changed or discarded after they have fulfilled their purpose. In the kingdom of God there will be, no weakness, no insecurity, no devils, no night, no emotions of lust and vanity, and nothing ugly. All of the things that I listed are TEMPORARY tools that will be discarded when the human race is perfected.
-----------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lq1over

Re: Saved by Grace through Faith
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »

Kat,
Thanks for the reply.

I was just following along with the thought process when Ray was speaking.  and how v30 seemed to change the subject and why v29 could did not say it was so.
I was just trying to understand if verse 31 also referenced back to v29 in the same way that: 

"The animals were made like they were suppose to be made and it was so.  Adam and Eve were not made the way it was suppose to be and it was NOT so, it was NOT good."

I know we are being made into is image and we are being perfected.

I hope this is clearer about what I was asking
sincerely trying to understand
LQ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 17 queries.