bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new member  (Read 5684 times)

berny

« on: May 12, 2006, 04:38:04 PM »

hi my name is berny just thought i would introduce myself and say hi. i have been searching the internet for ages trying to find things that make sense not just the normal mainstream christian thinking and i am so glad i came across this site.who do you think jesus actually is?
berny

ertsky

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:45:50 PM »

Hi Berny

heres an answer

Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20  Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21  From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

f

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 05:08:50 PM »

Nice answer Frank. Peter couldnt of said it any better.

Mark J.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »

HI Berny

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't been here long myself, but like you I have been extremely grateful to finally find something that makes sense out of all the confused doctrines I had running around in my head.

SPiritually speaking, you'll find much here that's good to eat. I'm talking food you can actually chew.  :wink:

Personally, the only thing i'd like to see added here would be a live chat room.

orion77

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »

Hello berny, welcome to the forum.  

That is a huge question.  He is from Genesis to Revelation, and before and after.  Until God the Father dragged or drawed me to His light, I never knew Him.  Until the Holy Spirit (Jesus), came into me, I only knew of Him carnally, as the world does.  After that, wow, new life, His life, but even still there for many years, the beast reigned supreme.  It took death to self, letting the only real "I Am", in His rightful place to open these blind eyes and deaf ears.

It was a huge war, in which I lost.  As He was in the world, so are we.  Nothing greater that a man or woman can do, than to lay his life down for a friend.  The day will come when we shall see Him as He is, for we shall be like Him.  He is everything.

God bless,

Gary

berny

jesus
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 10:10:57 AM »

thanks guys for your answers to my question.a chat room would be a great addition to this site maybe one day soon.
As to jesus, i was brought up a catholic but could never get my head round the trinity, to me jesus always seemed to be the son of god not god himself. I have studied with jehovahs witnessess, and the mormons, read loads on the web things that support the trinity and other sites that do not. I have been reading rays site when i can i have two children and a husband who all want time on the computer so i can not stay on as long as i would like, i am sure by the time i finish reading everything jesus will be much clearer, i guess i was wanting someone just to spell it out plain and simple.Is Jesus god or really gods son. I just want to know so i can finally have peace of mind and love him properly.
look forward to hearing from you all.
thanks berny :?  :?

hillsbororiver

Re: new member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 11:43:29 AM »

Quote from: berny
hi my name is berny just thought i would introduce myself and say hi. i have been searching the internet for ages trying to find things that make sense not just the normal mainstream christian thinking and i am so glad i came across this site.who do you think jesus actually is?
berny

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

berny

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

berny

found jesus
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 11:49:08 AM »

Hi
itis me again since my last post i looked on rays site and read about the trinity or rather the rubbish the trinity is. i feel so much better he explained it all so great i feel like a weight has been lifted off my head and i know who god and jesus are. i always believed god was the father and jesus the son but thought i was going mad because i couldn't understand what most christians believe about the trinity i thought i must be wrong. Finding this site and talking to you guys has really helped now i know i am not the only person who feels this way.
thanks berny :D

orion77

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 07:49:57 PM »

Berny, know exactly how you feel.  Good to know there are others.  I had nobody to communicate openly, truly and honestly these things God was drawing me to, for many years.  

I too, thank all here for the learning and fellowship.  Priceless truths come from God, through much trials and tribulations.  These are things the world cannot understand.  

All the praise goes to God, for His dealings with Ray, Mike and all here.  Not only these, but the Israelites in the OT, prophets, apostles, our Lord and all the untold number of our brethren and sisters who have come before us.  Freedom is free indeed.

God bless,

Gary

berny

the truth
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 07:39:52 AM »

thanks for your reply gary, it really helps knowing i can discuss the bible and god with people who think the same and do not think i am crazy, the truth really does set you free and love is what really counts.
thanks berny  :D

Sorin

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 12:48:51 PM »

berny

Welcome Berny, glad you decided to join us in this vast world of cyberspace.
8)
You ask who we think Jesus actually is. I'll let Him answer.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Rev. 1:8

gmik

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »

Welcome Bernie, and happy Mother's Day! (Just thought we needed a touch of estrogen on this thread-they're not all guys here!)

lilitalienboi16

Re: jesus
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 02:47:02 AM »

thanks guys for your answers to my question.a chat room would be a great addition to this site maybe one day soon.
As to jesus, i was brought up a catholic but could never get my head round the trinity, to me jesus always seemed to be the son of god not god himself. I have studied with jehovahs witnessess, and the mormons, read loads on the web things that support the trinity and other sites that do not. I have been reading rays site when i can i have two children and a husband who all want time on the computer so i can not stay on as long as i would like, i am sure by the time i finish reading everything jesus will be much clearer, i guess i was wanting someone just to spell it out plain and simple.Is Jesus god or really gods son. I just want to know so i can finally have peace of mind and love him properly.
look forward to hearing from you all.
thanks berny :?  :?

JESUS IS GOD. HE IS THE SON OF GOD. However... THERE IS NO THIRD BEING TO JESUS AND GOD THE FATHER. These are some of the Scriptures about Jesus's Identity.

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

Where or how did Jesus come about into existence?

"...I [Jesus] came OUT from God. I CAME OUT FROM the FATHER..." (John 16:27-28).

For there is ONE God, and ONE Mediator OF God and mankind, a MAN Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

Jesus plainly tells:

"...I am going to the Father, for the Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

So who exactly is Jesus in relationship to God?

Who [Jesus Christ] is the Image of the invisible God, FIRSTBORN of every creature, for in Him is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created THROUGH Him and FOR Him, and He is BEFORE all, and all has its cohesion in Him" (Col. 14-17).

"Now I want you to be aware that the Head of every man is Christ, yet the head of the woman is the man, yet the Head of Christ IS GOD" (I Cor. 11:3).

Jesus One day will subject HIMSELF to GOD THE FATHER.

"Now, whenever ALL may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself [Jesus Christ] also SHALL BE SUBJECTED TO HIM [God the Father] Who subjects all to Him, that GOD may be All in all"

So as you can see, Jesus is Clearly of God, but the best way to Explain Jesus is with these Scriptures, and i always looked at Him as the way Ray put it.

Man and Women cleave to eachother and become ONE FLESH. So is God the Father and Jesus ONE in this same thought. To expound on this, i believe Ray says that Jesus has a GOD, but GOD THE FATHER DOES NOT. Still with all thsi there is no THIRD BEING to God the Father. There is only CHRIST JESUS. Who is the "IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD."

The Reason Jesus Can say that He is God yet God the Father is greater then Him is because:

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I[GOD THE FATHER]be greater than thou." (Gensis 41:40)

This was taken from another post i made in another thread, hope it helps shed some light on who Jesus really is :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.