bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexual  (Read 4597 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Homosexual
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »

L. Ray Smith,

I have read many of your papers and find your web site refreshing. I agree with you on many points.

The one thing I have a problem with is that often Christians feel they need to prove that homosexuality is not genetic or biological to prove that it is a sin.

First, I just want to say that I agree with you that Homosexuality is a sin.

However, I disagree with you that sexual orientation is a choice. I believe that it is more of a disability. A genetic flaw if you will.

People are born with all sorts of ailments and diseases. Children are born with one arm, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation. All sorts of dementias and ailments of the body and mind. Homosexuality is no different. Yes, God makes sinners. He made all of us that way.

Some people are prone to anger, some are easy addicts, some are attracted to the opposite sex. Sin is sin and there is no need to get into any scientific discussion trying to prove that homosexuality isn’t genetic.

People just need to understand these simple truths.

1.       The flesh was given a sexual attraction so we would be fruitful and multiply. Otherwise, we would probably find it gross and mankind would have died out long ago. We need to recognize what this sexual attraction is for and not use it in such a way to just find pleasure for ourselves. This includes those that our born with the unfortunate disease of homosexuality.

2.       Even if you don’t believe in God and are a staunch Darwinist, you have to recognize that sex exist for reproduction. If you are using sex in a way that is contrary to this then it is for your own personal pleasure or benefit.

3.       A major theme in all of Christianity is “It’s not about me”. We should feel sorry for homosexuals and their unnatural attraction but help them realize that their attraction is a disease and their attraction to the same sex can not fulfill the designed purpose for sex.

Yes, God makes serial killers, child molestors, homosexuals, drug addicts, thieves etc. He also made the Devil didn't he.

Dear Brandon: I have not a clue as to what you are talking about or what your point is? So if God makes homosexuals which is a disease, and we are to help them understand their disease, how it will not satisfy the real purpose for sex, are we likewise then (since God "makes serial killers, child molesters, homosexuals..." etc.) to help them understand that they have a disease and that their desire to rape little children and maybe cut their heads off, will not satisfy the real purpose for sex?

Maybe I missed something? Are we to "feel sorry for serial killers?"  I'm not sure how your theory fits into Isaiah's command to: "Lift up your voice LIKE A TRUMPET, AND SHOW MY PEOPLE THEIR SINS!!" (Isa. 58:1).

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.