bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interesting experience  (Read 4109 times)

ertsky

interesting experience
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:38:24 PM »

i found myself going somewhere with someone that i didn't really want to.

so i sat there silently suffering, i started thinking why am i here ?

then, in the spirit, i began to sense, "well obviously I've got you here for a reason" "why should everything be to please you ?" "maybe I've got work to do" "why don't you keep a look out and see if you can percieve why I have you here"

that kind of thing

LOL! sure enough a few moments later a little of what God was up to became evident !

by the end of the night i could count three or four really important things God had used me to achieve ! and i'm sure there was more !

i was amazed !

i can't wait for the next time i'm bored out of my brain, i'll start looking around to see what God in Christ is up to.

if i see only the tiniest fragment of His work i shall be delighted !

f

Indagator

interesting experience
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 09:21:23 PM »

Very nice  :D . I have a somewhat interesting experience that just occured last night.  

Ever since I've found this forum and Mike and Ray's sites, I have started reading the Bible all over again with different eyes.  At the same time, this past year has been really difficult for a variety of reasons and I just keep talking to our Father, and Christ and asking "Please show or tell me what you would have me do."  The thing is, I'm still young in this so I still expect God and Christ to speak to my "carnal" ears, and guess what? I'm not hearing anything so its been feeling like he's just not even answering me at all...

BUT!

Mat 21:22 And, all things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

So, here I have been a bit frustrated as this past year has been so rough and no matter how much I talk to the Father and to Christ and I can't seem to get anything back when I happen upon something in 1Kings...

1Ki 19:9 And he entered, there, into a cave, and lodged there,—and lo! the word of Yahweh came unto him, and said to him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
1Ki 19:10 And he said—Very jealous, have I been, for Yahweh, God of hosts, because the sons of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thine altars, have they thrown down, thy prophets, also have they slain with the sword,—and, I alone, am left, and they have sought my life, to take it.
1Ki 19:11 And he said—Go forth to-morrow, and stand in the mountain, before Yahweh. And lo! Yahweh, passing by, and a great and strong wind—rending the mountains, and breaking in pieces the crags, before Yahweh, Not, in the wind, was, Yahweh,—And, after the wind, an, earthquake, Not, in the earthquake, was, Yahweh;
1Ki 19:12 And, after the earthquake, a, fire, Not, in the fire, was, Yahweh,—And, after the fire, the voice of a gentle whisper.

...and it hit me like a Mack truck!  He's been talking to me the entire time, but I was looking for storms, earthquakes, and fire!  Instead He's only gently whispered to me "This is what I want for you.", but I've been too caught up in looking for "signs" that I missed the "signs" right in front of me!  I figured this out only because I started reading again from start to finish with a different understanding of the word, and it literally spoke specifically to me!

He doesn't answer me with a voice of thunder, but yet with a gentle whisper.  Just wow.  I really wish I'd understood that so long ago LOL.  Well, I guess at least now I know to pay attention to the "whispers" instead of looking for storms, earthquakes, and fire  :wink:

God Bless,
Shawn

gmik

interesting
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:48:06 PM »

Wow.  Do you know that both you guys  had more good stuff than most churches do?  I just finished with another thread where I said I get so much out of this forum.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.