bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: knowledge?  (Read 5486 times)

Joseph

knowledge?
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »

I was wondering where Ray gets all his knowledge? aions, how did the teachings of  eternal punishment come to be? Most of all I just want to learn what Ray has without being lead astray. Can someone give me some sources thanks and Godbless.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: knowledge?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:54:28 AM »

Joseph,

Have you had a chance to read Ray's writings?  Especially the Lake of Fire Series, and the letters to Hagee and Kennedy?

http://www.bible-truths.com/
http://bible-truths.com/hagee1.htm
http://bible-truths.com/kendy2.htm
http://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

The answers to your questions are answered there, I believe. 

Craig

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:47:03 AM by Craig »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »

Hi Joseph,

Glad you have joined us  :)
Your question is what most of us have asked ourselves at one time or other. 
Ray has been called of God to be a teacher.  He studies very hard hours upon hours, but most importantly guided by the Holy Spirit.  And through his studies God reveals things to him in the Scripture.  That is how he has come to the understanding what he has, not by just divine revelation, but throught lots and lots of hard work.

Here is a link the a categorized list of Ray emails, at the very top you will see the heading 'About L. Ray Smith.'  These are emails inwhich he tells different things about himself.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Monis

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »

Hi Joseph!

Welcome newbie from a fellow newbie. "Without being led astray" now that's a good one. Let me tell you how I judge the situation.

My experience and yours of the Babylon, which I believe you have decided to come out of or you wouldn't be on this forum, will no doubt be very similar. Correct me if I'm wrong please because I wouldn't like to wrong anyone.

The pastor or minister, gets up on his preaching stool every Sunday and quotes one verse of Scripture and then builds up a very emotional story of his very own warped thinking with total disregard to all other Scriptures that might or might not contradict. At the end of it he waits for everyone to clap and say among themselves; "What a marvelous Spirit filled sermon that was." and he steps down like a proud peacock. And of course there is the other type where everyone goes to sleep.

Now I ask you to compare it with Ray's teaching to put your mind to rest peacefully. Every question asked is answered with a Scripture, that's God talking not Ray. And every Scripture is backed by a witness, that is, another Scripture not Ray. To me this is God speaking and explaining His Word to me and I cannot argue with God anymore than you or Ray can, whereas with Babylon there is a mountain that could justifiably be strongly contested.

This my brother is the difference and this is the reason why I say you will not be mislead with Ray's teachings.

I hope that helps.

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy 

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »

Wow! Roy, that is the most wise post about religion that I have read in sometime.

Wisdom of age can never be discounted :)

Craig

winner08

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:17:04 PM »

Welcome Joseph: I"ve been a member for about a month. For 20yrs I've been learning and studying scripture through others and other churches. But doing that time I always felt there was something that just didn't make since. Why would God send billions of people to a hell where they will burn for ever and ever. But yet God is a merciful God. Why must my grandparents who were great people be made to suffer forever,l just because they wasn't born again? Anyway when I started reading Mr. Rays web site I could feel the difference in my heart. I new what I was reading is the truth. Man, what a hugh difference this made. The more you read Mr. Rays papers the more TRUTH will be revealed to you, it's amazing! You will see how blind you really were to the truth. You probably were taught through the man made doctrine of Christianity. It's amazing how deceived millions of people are. What ashamed. Anyways keep     reading Mr. Rays papers and all your questions will be answered.

Darren

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »

The pastor or minister, gets up on his preaching stool every Sunday and quotes one verse of Scripture and then builds up a very emotional story of his very own warped thinking with total disregard to all other Scriptures that might or might not contradict. At the end of it he waits for everyone to clap and say among themselves; "What a marvelous Spirit filled sermon that was." and he steps down like a proud peacock. And of course there is the other type where everyone goes to sleep.

Now I ask you to compare it with Ray's teaching to put your mind to rest peacefully. Every question asked is answered with a Scripture, that's God talking not Ray. And every Scripture is backed by a witness, that is, another Scripture not Ray. To me this is God speaking and explaining His Word to me and I cannot argue with God anymore than you or Ray can, whereas with Babylon there is a mountain that could justifiably be strongly contested.

This my brother is the difference and this is the reason why I say you will not be mislead with Ray's teachings.

I hope that helps.

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy 

I concur with Craig.  Excellent analysis Roy

Ches

chav

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »

Hi Joseph
welcome to the forum

I was wondering where Ray gets all his knowledge? aions, how did the teachings of  eternal punishment come to be? Most of all I just want to learn what Ray has without being lead astray. Can someone give me some sources thanks and God bless.

What did it for me and put my mind at rest was reading the hundreds of emails posted on the site .There you will find hundreds of people attempting to to put Ray straight and prove him wrong.When I saw that no one could actually put up a compelling argument against any of Ray's teachings, and I saw how the scriptures were used to prove them, I became even more convinced in my mind, that this was the truth.
Just keep reading as much as you can , it will become clearer and you will be amazed at what you will discover.

Dave

Roy Monis

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 04:49:18 PM »

Dear Dave

I for one agree with you most heartily. The TRUTH cannot be hidden by the secular world nor by Babylon for ever as the world advances and they think they are proving the Scriptures a myth, so God gently pulls a plug and lets them down the drain into the wide, wide sewer. Praise God.

I have copied that text and will be enjoying knocking some of the arrogance out of the our detractors.

Thanks Dave

God bless you and Karen.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.