bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good and Evil  (Read 4682 times)

Bob Miller

Good and Evil
« on: May 12, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »

Does anyone know where the scripture states that God created the good and the evil?

Thanks beloved  :D

Jason C.

Good and Evil
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 08:27:40 PM »

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.(Col. 1: 16-17)

Seemed pretty cut and dry to me.........

Bob Miller

Good and Evil
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:48:52 PM »

Thank you! I am really excited that I found this web site :mrgreen:

It is truly revealling the hidden treasures that are in God's word :shock:

Wooooo! Hoooooo!

orion77

Good and Evil
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 12:04:07 AM »

Here are some more verses, Bob.  Welcome to the forum.

Gen 2:9
And furthermore sprouting is Yahweh Elohim from the ground every tree coveted by the sight and good for food, and the tree of the living in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Dt 30:15
See! I put before you today life and good, death and evil.

1Ki 21:29
 `Have you seen that Ahab has been humbled before Me? because that he has been humbled before Me, I bring not in the evil in his days; in the days of his son I bring in the evil on his house.'

2Ki 22:16
Thus said Yahweh, Lo, I am bringing in evil unto this place and on its inhabitants, all the words of the book that the king of Judah has read,

2Ki 21:12
therefore thus said Yahweh, Elohim of Israel, Lo, I am bringing in evil on Jerusalem and Judah, that whoever hears of it, tingle do his two ears.

Eccl 1:13
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Here is some good words of encouragement:

1Chr 16:23
Sing to Yahweh, all the earth, Proclaim from day unto day His salvation.

1Chr 16:24
Rehearse among nations His glory, Among all the peoples His wonders.

1Chr 16:25
For great [is] Yahweh, and praised greatly, And fearful He [is] above all elohims.

1Chr 16:26
For all elohims of the peoples [are] nought, And Yahweh the heavens has made.

1Chr 16:27
Honor and majesty [are] before Him, Strength and joy [are] in His place.

1Chr 16:28
Ascribe to Yahweh, you families of peoples, Ascribe to Yahweh honor and strength.

1Chr 16:29
Ascribe to Yahweh the honor of His name, Lift up a present, and come before Him. Bow yourselves to Yahweh, In the beauty of holiness.

1Chr 16:30
Be pained before Him, all the earth:

1Chr 16:31
Also, established is the world, It is not moved! The heavens rejoice, and the earth is glad, And they say among nations: Yahweh has reigned.

1Chr 16:32
Roar does the sea, and its fulness, Exult does the field, and all that [is] in it,

1Chr 16:33
Then sing do trees of the forest, From the presence of Yahweh, For He has come to judge the earth!

1Chr 16:34
Give thanks to Yahweh, for good, For to the eon, [is] His kindness,

1Chr 16:35
And say, Save us, O Elohim of our salvation, And gather us, and deliver us from the nations, To give thanks to Your holy name, To triumph in Your praise.

1Chr 16:36
Blessed [is] Yahweh, Elohim of Israel, From the eon and unto the eon;'  And all the people say,  `Amen,'  and have given praise to Yahweh.

God bless,

Gary

Bob Miller

Good and Evil
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 12:52:42 AM »

Thanks Orion, What translation are you using?

orion77

Good and Evil
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 02:19:00 AM »

Bob, I'm using the CLV.  It works for me.  

So many versions out there nowadays, it's like buying a used car, for pete's sake,  :lol: .  Some like ford, chevy, dodge and some toyota.  As long as we are running on the Spirit.   8)

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.