bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Depressed and Unmotivated  (Read 11520 times)

Bradigans

Re: Depressed and Unmotivated
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »

Hey Dennis,
I watched that video and have considered bypass but I didn't know it helped so many other problems.
I really don't want to have surgery, i feel like I can do this through regular excercise.
I just need discipline and motivation to do so.
I was encouraged by a few people on here and I thank you all for that!!
Thank you Patrick too!!
This is why I love coming here!!
Thank you guys for the edification! :)

If you're in THE WORD (1 Corinthians 12:13), that's where your discipline and motivation should come from.

- John 15:5 - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Motivation comeS from the inspiration by and through THE HOLY GHOST of your spirit (your life force).

- John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

i can't believe that someone would actually tell you, if you're a bona fide, that studying THE WORD could actually be idolatry. Maybe i'm misunderstanding the perspective the person who made that statement was coming from. For me myself, i know i can't get motivated to do anything without THE WORD first.

- Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Everything's a burden for me when i'm outside of THE WORD. This includes the most minute and trivial of things. You'd be surprised how neglectful i am without THE WORD. I'm just plain ole trifling. Stay in THE WORD. If you're born again (regenerated spiritually - John 3:3),that's where your motivation through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost should and will come.

- Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

IN HIS LOVE       

Pini56

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 02:41:04 AM »

Hello Antaiwan,

Here Is A Word.

5 This is what the Lord says: “Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans and turn their hearts away from the Lord. 6 They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, on the salty flats where no one lives.
7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. 8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit.
9 “The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? 10 But I know! I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.” Jeremiah Chapter 17: 5-10.

With Love. Geoff.

EKnight

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 11:13:25 PM »

You want to make a pact with me?  I am by no means overweight, just lazy (a sin) so let's say we will walk 20 minutes per day to start and we can report back to each other here daily.  And be truthful as to whether we walked or not.  What do you say?  Get yourself an ipod or some kind of music player and listen to Ray or your favorite music while you walk.  That's what I like to do. 

Eileen

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 02:24:57 AM »

You want to make a pact with me?  I am by no means overweight, just lazy (a sin) so let's say we will walk 20 minutes per day to start and we can report back to each other here daily.  And be truthful as to whether we walked or not.  What do you say?  Get yourself an ipod or some kind of music player and listen to Ray or your favorite music while you walk.  That's what I like to do. 

Eileen

I can definitely do 20 minutes per day but the question is will I?
I've lost a few pounds so far and don't plan to give up.
I appreciate your help Eileen. Accountability is also what I greatly need.
I have many people helping but no one to watch me monitor me and catch me eating bad things so I do.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

ailish

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 05:47:14 PM »

i just want to say that i am somebody who suffers with a disability and along with that disability goes deep depression.  it is all interconnected.
i am overweight.  some of it is my own fault and some of it is due to medication.  but i realised something recently, that no matter how bad i feel, and i feel very ill most of the time, i have determined to get some form of exercise in the day.
i dont go out very much because it is difficult but i try to walk 3,000 steps in a day.it is difficult, it is tiring and i have to push myself so much.
i have nobody to motivate me except god. 
to i would like to encourage you to take some sort of exercise.  start with a few steps first, and build up.  my exercise takes me thirty minutes approximately, and if i cant do it all at the same time i break it up in short spurts.  somedays i have to accept defeat and not manage to do anything.  but very, very slowly i have lost some weight and because of this i want to continue to exercise, no matter how difficult.
i dont know how overweight you are but for your own sake try.  if you are very overweight probably the best thing to start with is to get an exercise bike because you wont be putting so much pressure on your ankles.
if you put your trust in god he will not leave you or forsake you and he will bring you through fire and water.
also, i do not believe that studying the word of god is idolatory.  how can that be?  i may be wrong but isnt reading the word, food for the spirit and mind.  actually if you have your mind renew and have the mind of christ in you, you will probably find your life changing.
dont worry about what man says to you but think rather on what god has to say to you.
you are in my thoughts.
  god bless you.

ailish

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 06:05:57 PM »

i just want to say this to you as it has just come to me and it is a word that god gave to me recently.
maybe meditate on this -

OUTSIDE OF ME - YOU CAN DO NOTHING!

make sure you are in god - lean on him - put your trust in him!

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »

Thanks Ailish!!
I appreciate your kind words!
I've lost 20 pounds so far but have a lot to go. Hopefully one day i feel better about myself that I may love others better.
I do think about that often.
I'm glad I have this place to go to where people truly understand.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Beloved

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »

Wow that is great...it may seem to you like a small step but steady and slow is the best way.  There are a lot of things going on in your body and God is also working on your spirit.

I am trying to lose weight too and I have not been able to exercise because of my back and neck.  You have an advantage because male hormones are more anabolic , building muscle is important.

Just know tha everyone at this board supports you.

beloved

Roy Monis

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »

Thanks Ailish!!
I appreciate your kind words!
I've lost 20 pounds so far but have a lot to go. Hopefully one day i feel better about myself that I may love others better.
I do think about that often.
I'm glad I have this place to go to where people truly understand.

Dear Akira329

Congratulations brother on losing 20 pounds, that's a start so God is working in you, keep it up. If I'm not being too imposing, what is your present weight and what in accord with your physical structure should be your actual weight? I ask this because I wish to pray for you to lose just that required amount and when you have lost it brother, which you will without any doubt, don't forget to give all glory to our loving and merciful God. With this in mind just take Geoff's advice and put all your trust in GOD: " Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." (Pro.3:5). Why? Because: " There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Pro.14:12 & 16:25).

By the grace of God I have been spared that problem, but I can appreciate how you feel so " Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” (Deut.31:6).

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

joyful1

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »

:D yeah Antaiwan! Way to go, brother!
Joyce :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.