bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter: Hell hath no fury like a Christian just shown the Truth : And Gen 3:15?  (Read 7803 times)

Kent

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Is this the enmity spoken of in Genesis? I don't recall reading any of the scripture teachings on the site that related to this possibility (or foolishness, I don't know which yet), and I was wondering on the origin of this hatred that most people have toward scriptures, and hatred toward those that cherish scriptures and abhor traditions.

I still have a hard time understanding this hatred.  ???

mharrell08

Hello Kent:

Here is what I believe is a "spiritual match" to this enmity:

Rom. 8:6-7  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be

Enmity or "deep-seated hatred" towards anything of God including His Word and/or the Holy Scriptures. I just drew a blank while writing this and had something else I wanted to say. Hopefully someone else will fill in. Hope this helps nonetheless.

Marques

Dave-in-PA

Kent, I don't know if reactions such as this Rita's are the enmity mentioned in scripture or not, but I do know the title of the email is indeed a most amazing truth....sad truth I should say.

I remember reading Ray's work for the first time and REJOICING at what he said and accepting it wholeheartedly.  Not because Ray just said it, but because he let scripture say it.  Then as I read his words and followed the scriptures it became clear to me he was on to something.  I've been simply amazed to learn what SCRIPTURE really says with Ray's help.  Fifty years in the Christian church and yet no one really taught me (or anyone else for that matter) what the scriptures say!!   My reaction was HAPPINESS at the "good news" and even a bit of ANGER to tell the truth; but not at Ray or the Word of God, but at all those deceivers who call themselves pastors and teachers who accept blindly these horrible traditions and then deceive so many.

It does simply amaze me that Christians who are told they must love their enemies, care for the sick, feed the hungry and love even the unlovable...are Mad as Hell to have someone even suggest that there may actually be no Hell and that God's mercy will extend to ALL.  It's like Christians feel they're part of some private club and all those other dirtbag sinners out there aren't allowed in without THEIR permission.  "How dare God save everybody...I was counting on people I hate going to Hell!", they seem to be saying.  I just can't believe how people like this Rita, and the many others who write to Ray, are angry at Ray for attempting to show how the scriptures point to the wonderful news that ALL will be saved by God's infinite grace.  Why would that make anybody MAD??  Beats me.

Kent

Hope this helps nonetheless.

Marques

It does, thank you. I believe you are right.

Dave in PA:
Ditto everything you said. Everything.

Roy Monis

Dear Dave in PA

You make sense brother, real good sense. I go along with your sentiments wholeheartedly. The gross ingratitude shows up in some of the obnoxious mail that Ray keeps receiving, mostly from women who appear to be the ones most offended but incapable of supporting their slanderous remarks with what they are supposed to be defending - the Scriptures. Some to put it bluntly are truly ignorant.

I admire Ray's inspired teaching and his resilience to such vicious attacks, if only they knew that what they were rejecting was for their own good. Talk about good being returned with bad. In the synagogues they would be flogged, time that was brought back. I speak like a fool of course as usual.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

David

The irony I found in the Church I was in before I left was that the Pastor would stand in front of the congregation and condem gamblers, drinkers, drug abusers, homosexuals, people having intercourse outside of marriage, law breakers, anyone who "is not saved" etc etc. I used to sit there thinking "well, all of the sins you condemn these people for are forgivable, your sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is not."
This scripture springs to mind Luke 12:47And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

mharrell08

The irony I found in the Church I was in before I left was that the Pastor would stand in front of the congregation and condem gamblers, drinkers, drug abusers, homosexuals, people having intercourse outside of marriage, law breakers, anyone who "is not saved" etc etc. I used to sit there thinking "well, all of the sins you condemn these people for are forgivable, your sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is not."
This scripture springs to mind Luke 12:47And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Excellent post David. It is the biggest irony in life that the ones who claim to be believers of God don't believe His very words.

Dave-in-PA

Roy, You're so right about Ray's resiliency.  He definitely is my hero!  ;D

Martinez

Here's what I think is a spiritual match for that enmity.

Joh 8:44 Ye, are, of your father—the adversary, and, the covetings of your father, ye choose to be doing. He, was, a murderer, from the beginning, and, in the truth, he stood not; because truth is not in him: Whensoever he speaketh falsehood, of his own, he speaketh; because, false, he is, and, the father of it.

Those in the Christian church are the serpents seed and are certainly carnally minded.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Can Someone help my understanding of this scripture??
Who is this servant?

Luke 12:47And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

mharrell08

Can Someone help my understanding of this scripture??
Who is this servant?

Luke 12:47And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

This parable as all of Christ's parables are about "Many are called, few are chosen." (Matt. 22:14) Spiritual Truths 2&3 cover this in much greater detail: http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

The servant who knew his master's will represent "the many called". Their chastisement will be more severe "because that unto them were committed the oracles of God" (Rom. 3:2). The servant who did not know represent "the few chosen" especially the Gentile as it was Israel who were given the oracles of God not Gentiles.

I believe this is so from the scriptures and from Ray's teachings. If anyone can provide further help, please do.

Marques

ericsteven

Here is what I see…

Those who are beaten with many stripes are the 'many called.'  They know God’s will but do not do it.  For example, most of Churchianity knows that Jesus said:

Matt 5:44     Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use
                  you, and persecute you.

Yet, these same people have no qualms about loving their enemies by picking up a gun and blowing them away to the glory of God.  They would just as soon see their enemies punished and put through exactly what their enemies put them through rather than doing good to them and forgiving them.  These are the people that will be beaten with many stripes.  They know what the Scriptures say; they’re just unwilling to believe them and live them.  These are the people, the servants of God, that Jesus speaks about in verses 45-56:

Luke 12:45-46     But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and
                        maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not
                        for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the
                        unbelievers.

Those who are beaten with few stripes are those who have never heard the truth.  That was what the whole paper Ray sent to D. James Kennedy was about: “What About Those Who Have Never Heard?”  http://bible-truths.com/kendy2.htm  Kennedy believed (at least at that time) that those who have never heard the truth will end up in hell for all eternity because their ‘ignorance defense’ will not be enough to save them.  The truth - which Kennedy did not see - is that yes, they will be chastised because they did sin…

Romans 3:23       For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

…but because there was no opportunity given to them to know that their sin was against God and His law, God will not chastise them as severely as He will those who knew His law and went ahead and broke it anyway.

In contrast, the 'few chosen' are spoken of a few verses earlier in verses 42 - 44.

Luke 12:43-44     And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom [his] lord shall make ruler over his household, to
                        give [them their] portion of meat in due season?  Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find
                        so doing. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

They have already been through the fiery chastening of God and have been counted worthy to stand alongside their elder brother and high priest Jesus to rule over as well as administer the stripes to the ‘many’ until those same 'many' come to see the truth.  They have been given much and used it wisely. 

These verses in Luke perhaps can parallel somewhat nicely with the parable of the talents (Matt 25).  Though all three servants were given different amounts of talents, two used them wisely and gained much for the Lord, while the third believed his lord to be a hard man, reaping where he hadn't sown, so he hid his talent.  And what happened?  The first two were rewarded when the lord returned, while the third was judged by the very words that came out of his mouth, and he was "apportion[ed]...his portion with the unbelievers."

Does that help?  Any other thoughts?

Eric

mharrell08

You nailed it right on the head, Eric!

"For many are called, but few are chosen"

Marques

Roy Monis

Hi! Eric

Thanks Eric, I too, like Akira 329, was confused by this saying forgetting that Peter had asked the Lord to explain this "parable", a very important omission. Brother you have helped two fellow brethren with a single sling shot, like David did to Goliath.

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy

Pandora

~ In Gen.3:20 I also see the Spiritual similarity of
Eve, The Woman Deceived being called "The Mother 0f all Living".

As Earthly Jerusalem being called "Lady 0f Kingdoms"
0r "Misstress 0f Kingdoms" - Is.47:5 (Dead Sea Scrolls Bible)

And New Jerusalem in Heaven being called "The Mother 0f Us All."
Gal.4:26

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Just to clarify in my heart:
Does this portion of the scripture apply to the chosen?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Martinez

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Just to clarify in my heart:
Does this portion of the scripture apply to the chosen?

Antaiwan

Yes definitely.

The talents that Christ referred to are His word, and His chosen have been given the most in that regard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.