bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: comment  (Read 3743 times)

ez2u

comment
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »

Just thinking about the song I shared with you    "Lord don't move the mountain"  by Mahalia Jackson.  It really impressed me to watch her clip.  The expressions she had on her face  it was more like she was praying to Jesus than singing.  Being born in the south in Louisiana around 1911 and being black I am sure she had her mountains. unmovable troubles  items that for what ever reason God did not just take away from her, as we do too.  I saw in her facial expressions a woman of spiritual growth and prayer. of person who was faithful.  It inspired me as I too have troubles in life that God has not removed.  i have asked for prayer many times in my life and now I see there is more than one way to pray,  and it seems now I see the  "give me strength to climb" and all the others things that are said in this little gospel song.  God does take away somethings in our lives and others He leaves.  peggy

carol v

Re: comment
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »

Hey Peggy, I love Mahalia Jackson and blues gospel. Al Green, Sam Cooke, and even Elvis Presley are some of my favorites. I haven't watched your clip but will do so today.

Blessings!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.