bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: religion the opiate of the world  (Read 7353 times)

lorrie

religion the opiate of the world
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

Hi everyone-- i have been reading alot here and the thought ''religion is the opiate of the world'' has been running through my mind the last couple of days it is such a profound statement!
Im not sure if if was lenin or stalin who said it-however he's right. It is weird to see pepole every where i look.on t.v.at the park,...saying and doing religious things with no understanding of it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Morten

Re: religion the opiate of the world
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »

Yeah, a kind off.
That's just another proof that we didn't have free will. Many people don't think what they do, they just do it. Many people do things because they think that's the best thing to do without Knowing why. I know i did, before i got here.
I think 1cor 2:5 speaks everything about it.
 They use the wisdom of the human being.

Morten

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »

heh bad english here, didnt ment to say didn't but dont. Thank you

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 07:33:09 PM »

The communist party is just another example of a 'balams a@@' prophesy. The many of this world are just as decieved and any of the drug addicts out there. They have their carnal lustsbeing satified in various different ways, sensory wealth and fame.  

I agree, even though they themselves are blind,  more and more truths are being spoken by these "balamn asses"..... just listen for them, I hear them all the time.

beloved

musicman

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »

Stalin was a piece of crap!!

lorrie

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »

Yes stalin was a mean fellow.  >:( Jesus said that even those who are not converted are in many ways wiser than those who are seekers of God --in the ways of the world.[paraphrased].It doesnt nessesarily matter who has said a thing if it is the truth.I apparently did not state what i was trying to say correctly.I meant that what people are saying is almost always religious in nature, it is like a drug that covers their mind and that what the peple around me are saying, no longer makes sense to me.It has become babel to me.Love to all 

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:02:37 PM by Craig »

musicman

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »

I can agree with such statements made about religion regardless of who said it.  My only objection is that you quote Stalin and Lenin as if they are of like character.  Stalin was more than some well schooled atheist.  He was a monster on the same (in my oppinion) level of evil as Hitler.

lorrie

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »

Hi Beloved- i never thought of it being a prophecy ! That is very insightful of you!I will remember that,THANKS!Peace

lorrie

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »

Music man you are  a passionate fellow.Peace 8)

Martinez

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »

I can agree with such statements made about religion regardless of who said it.  My only objection is that you quote Stalin and Lenin as if they are of like character.  Stalin was more than some well schooled atheist.  He was a monster on the same (in my oppinion) level of evil as Hitler.

Hi musicman, I'm sure you know this already, but just let Me remind you, as evil as Hitler and Starlin and anyone else that you care to name were, the fact is that We are all just as evil and the only thing standing between us and them is Christ.

What those guys did was all God's doing, it's just that they happen to be picked to be vessels for evil in God's service.

But for the grace of God go I.

lorrie

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »

Hi Morten -i didnt forget you you are correct no one has free will.Thanks!Peace

lorrie

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 10:39:19 PM »

Hi Martiez-I coudnt have said it better-we have all commited sin thinking we are doing the right thing.Peace ;)

chav

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »

HI

religion the opiate of the world

It was Karl Marx who made the statement,and bearing in mind he was writing in the nineteenth century when religion played much more of central role in peoples lives ,I believe  he was making an accurate observation .
I think there are now in today's world many 'opiates of the people'.
Here in the UK for instance football (soccer) entertainment and individualism has largely replaced religion as the 'opiate' of choice
Some years ago I had a very bad dental abscess, it was the worst pain I have ever experienced.Fortunately the dentist sent me home with some very strong (opiate) painkillers, after taking one I felt great,relaxed ,sleepy, pain free ,and without a care, and I could understand why some would want more, it wasn't an unpleasant experience.(I'm not advocating drug use here)
I think all these things are addictive in nature (particularly religion) and having spent 30+ years in the babylonian church system. I now realise what an addictive thing it was and why it is so hard for many to come out.Perhaps Marx had more insight regarding this issue than we give him credit for.

Dave UK

lorrie

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 01:42:23 PM »

Hi Dave-Thanks for the info as to who made that statement.
You are good with words.As are so many here at this forum.
And i shall leave the writing to those who are like you--good with words.And yes i too have had good expierences& bad expierences with mind altering drugs-i hate it all now.[prescribed by doctors]
Peace and grace to you.

Samson

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »

Stalin was a piece of crap!!

Yes musicman, that's true, I remember taking a course back in 1981 entitled, International Relations and we studied Hitler and Stalin. The Professor stated that Stalin was far worse than Hitler in regards to the mistreatment of people, it's hard to imagine. I appreciate the fact that God didn't put me in those circumstances growing up(Hitler or Stalin), and that I would have ended up in their state(The Grace of God).

Samson.

ellie77

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 05:03:46 AM »

And Paul the worst of sinners.....is hard to imagine...sometimes..when I think on all the atrocities in the world...Yet we will all be saved...good point Matinez...Ellie

winner08

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 01:24:39 AM »

Ellie77: I think King David  gave Paul a run for his money, (in the sinning area).But yet God said, David was a man after God's on heart. If this is true, and I believe it is, we too will be blessed.God will have mercy on us. Just like David.

Darren

Heidi

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 06:24:34 AM »

Hi Jaguar, Musicman and Dave from UK

Interesting discussion going on here.  Just finished listening to Ray's audio for May 08 (part 1).  The amazing thing is this, if we grew up under the exact same circumstances as most criminals...we would be doing the same.  Ray states..."to say you won't means you are lying..."
Awesome stuff, his new bible study.

Cheers
Heidi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.