bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little twist here, A little twist there.  (Read 6885 times)

winner08

A little twist here, A little twist there.
« on: May 03, 2008, 12:40:39 AM »

Hello, and peace to everyone,
           I found a book of the New Testament in my house. I don't know where it came from or who brought it into the house. I started reading the side bars or cornerstones. Theses are little paragraphs of questions and answers usually on the top or bottom of the page. Anyways I came across this. When does a christian enter heaven? Ansewer, When we take our last breath on earth,we will take our first breath in heaven. Then they give this scripture 2Corinthians 5:6-9. Instead of typing it all out y'all can look it up if you want. Also they give Luke 23:40-43 The thief on the cross. Jesus says today you will be with me in paradise. Now I know what Jesus meant. Jesus is telling the thief today, you will be with me in paradise. Not TODAY. Someday. Anyways this is how they deceive the masses. They use scripture with their twist on it. Please one more, bare with me. Question, What is hell like? Hell is a place of unending, isolated torment (see Luke 16:19-31) (The rich man and Lazarus). Who will go to hell? Those who"s names do not appear in the Book Of Life are destined to everlasting punishment. (See Revelation 20:11-15). What is the worst punishment of hell? Hell's worst punishment is everlasting separation from God's presence (see 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10). Anyways after knowing the truth from reading Ray's teaching it's so clear to me how the masses are deceived. Also how talented the people who are doing the deceiving are. Foxes with sliver tongues. A little twist here a little slant there bingo bango, you've got scripture to fit your every need, (according to the preacher man). By the way this book is one of those books you by in the supermarket, while waiting in line. It's mostly a question and ansewer book about the N.T..

Thanks, Peace,

Darren

Deborah-Leigh

Re: A little twist here, A little twist there.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 04:07:31 AM »

There is an example of the blind leading the blind. The foxes are also deceived. They think they are Shepard's. So do the wolves who eat the lambs. They think they are doing God a favor. Great will be their shock to see themselves in the mirror of God's perfection.

I have pity for them and stand far off all the while! The world still loves the darkness and rejects the light but in a little while, in a very little while we shall see Him.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

winner08

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 05:33:26 AM »

I wonder how many of these Shepard's who are leading their flock astray actually know what they are doing?? But they do it anyway.

Thanks  Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 06:29:02 AM »

A valid point!

It has been said that they know but they believe the end justifies their means.

In context of spiritual condition, I notice that there is an experience of evil that God sends us to humble us to the understanding that He is Sovereign. Until God shows us that the preference to be god to become like we think God is, remains held in place and manifesting in the  preference in seeking to find pleasure in being god. The reward appears to be allusively sentimental and appropriate to how Jesus Christ is imagined to be by those who have not been dragged through their dirt a little bit by God towards Christ to whom no man can come unless God drags him.

Peace to you
Arcturus :)

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 06:33:32 AM »

Back a couple of years ago, when I found out about universal salvation (but that's all) a group of us were debating another group who opposed to the idea, so anyway there was this 1 guy left who was a Revrend, and he was debating us till the bitter end, and he came and said, and I quote "I couldn't seriously consider universalism, I would loose everthing, my friends, my job, everthing"

I not sure if that was His exact wording, but it's pretty close.
He actually said that, I kid you not!

Stevernator

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 08:29:15 AM »

Yeah it is really hard to reason with some of these people. They are really indoctrinated. It is futile to argue though if they don't accept the scriptures. Like you try showing them the major ones like 1 cor 15:22, 1 tim 4:10 and they just use ignore the clear implications and use their own reasoning. Some people are just not ready to receive the truth. I just feel upset when people say things like How can everyone go to heaven or why can't you accept that some people wont make it. Oh well, all in His timing.

Roy Monis

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »

Hello, and peace to everyone,
           I found a book of the New Testament in my house. I don't know where it came from or who brought it into the house. I started reading the side bars or cornerstones. Theses are little paragraphs of questions and answers usually on the top or bottom of the page. Anyways I came across this. When does a christian enter heaven? Ansewer, When we take our last breath on earth,we will take our first breath in heaven. Then they give this scripture 2Corinthians 5:6-9. Instead of typing it all out y'all can look it up if you want. Also they give Luke 23:40-43 The thief on the cross. Jesus says today you will be with me in paradise. Now I know what Jesus meant. Jesus is telling the thief today, you will be with me in paradise. Not TODAY. Someday. Anyways this is how they deceive the masses. They use scripture with their twist on it. Please one more, bare with me. Question, What is hell like? Hell is a place of unending, isolated torment (see Luke 16:19-31) (The rich man and Lazarus). Who will go to hell? Those who"s names do not appear in the Book Of Life are destined to everlasting punishment. (See Revelation 20:11-15). What is the worst punishment of hell? Hell's worst punishment is everlasting separation from God's presence (see 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10). Anyways after knowing the truth from reading Ray's teaching it's so clear to me how the masses are deceived. Also how talented the people who are doing the deceiving are. Foxes with sliver tongues. A little twist here a little slant there bingo bango, you've got scripture to fit your every need, (according to the preacher man). By the way this book is one of those books you by in the supermarket, while waiting in line. It's mostly a question and ansewer book about the N.T..

Thanks, Peace,

Darren

Dear Darren.

Not so, not so, my brother. Why have they who gave you that quote stopped short of the mark. The explanation comes in the next verse: "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." (2 Cor.5:10). If we are already in heaven, surely there can be no need to appear before the judgment seat of God?

I found a similar one in my hospital locker along with the usual Gideon's Bible, but I didn't bother reading it because at the time I considered it to be a gross infringement of the command not to take away or add to the Book: "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book." (Rev.22:18,19).

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

winner08

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »

Roy: I don't understand, what you are saying. What do you mean when you say, not so my brother. What did I say that's not so? All I was doing was showing how certain teachers twist a certain scripture to fit their needs in order to teach their point of view. I guess I could have shorting my post to these 5 lines and went directly to the point.

Roy Monis

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 07:52:23 AM »

Roy: I don't understand, what you are saying. What do you mean when you say, not so my brother. What did I say that's not so? All I was doing was showing how certain teachers twist a certain scripture to fit their needs in order to teach their point of view. I guess I could have shorting my post to these 5 lines and went directly to the point.

Hi! Darren.

I'm terribly sorry brother, I thought -- well you guessed what I thought and rightly so. I stand corrected. I've done the self same thing that I felt others had done to me, "assuming things". I've ruined one dictionary by tearing pages out, this is going to be another with the page containing assume torn out. That episode got me into a lot of trouble. I now see what you are saying and it is very much on the same lines as were my thoughts when I found a similar copy in my hospital locker.

Those -save a soul- peddlers do go to some lengths to try to please their god don't they? I wish they'd read their Bible or let Ray enlighten them as he did me.

Forgive me.

God bless

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Kent

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »

Back a couple of years ago, when I found out about universal salvation (but that's all) a group of us were debating another group who opposed to the idea, so anyway there was this 1 guy left who was a Revrend, and he was debating us till the bitter end, and he came and said, and I quote "I couldn't seriously consider universalism, I would loose everthing, my friends, my job, everthing"

I not sure if that was His exact wording, but it's pretty close.
He actually said that, I kid you not!

And I, for one, believe you.

It seems that they use their Denominational Scripture Filters to protect what they hold dear, and you wore out 1 "pastor" into finally admitting what he holds dear.

KristaD

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »

I wonder how many of these Shepard's who are leading their flock astray actually know what they are doing?? But they do it anyway.

Thanks  Darren
I have often thought the same thing. I now look at it this way:
39 And Jesus said, "For judgment came I into this world, that those who are not observing may be observing, and those observing may be becoming blind."
40 And those of the Pharisees who are with Him hear these things, and they said to Him, "Not we also are blind?"
41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have had no sin. Yet now you are saying that 'We are observing.' Your sin, then, is remaining.
Since they claim to be "learned men of God" and to be "delivering messages" from Him, they are claiming that they are not blind and are seeing the things of God. So it doesn't really matter if they are aware that they are deceiving them or not, since they "claim" to see they are guilty as one who really does see and does it anyway.

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 12:59:23 PM »

One thing I feel these hirelings (organized, institutional, denominational preachers) treasure most is the money. Looking at salary scales, additional benefits, power and prestige, leads many into this field of employment.  Although, most would assure us that they received a direct call from GOD, I often have my doubts. The religious system deceives and succeeds in growing the system just as sure as the political systems does. GOD knows this but HE continues to draw to HIMSELF those HE elects.
Phil3:10

winner08

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »

Phil3:10, you hit the nail right on the head, (money). Almost evertime I come across a god tv programme they are always asking for money. Send 100$ and become a member, and get this pretty prayer card. The more you send the more God will bless you. If you have the morals (or lack of) a person could become very wealthy. It wouldn't be worth it to me. To loose my soul (if that's the right word) here on earth. Then have my body and soul destroyed in the lake of fire. Man these people will have hell to pay.(Pardon the pun)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.