bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mormons (latter day saints), who are they?  (Read 13399 times)

Bradigans

Mormons (latter day saints), who are they?
« on: May 03, 2008, 05:58:23 AM »

Some mormons have been visiting my house off and on for the past month or so. They left me with a book that i'm a little reluctant to read at this point. It's called THE BOOK OF MORMON (ANOTHER TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST). They say it contains events in regard to THE HOLY SPIRIT'S dealings in the America's simultaneous to IT'S (THE HOLY SPIRIT'S) dealings in the holy lands. They say its an accurate recording of events that transpire roughly from 600 B.C. to 420 A.D. in the America's. It was rediscovered by a Joseph Smith in the 1820's.

Anyway, do they consider this book to be inspired? i notice they have it connected to their King James version Bible's.

Keep me in your prayers because i'm wondering if this is something i should dabble into in regard to getting an historical perspective of what was going on in The America's during time span spoken of above. I'm very careful about entertaining new doctrinal truths, because i know it takes only a little leaven.

- Galatians 5:9 - A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

i've fought so hard for the little bit i've got. I want to hold on to it. Keep me in your prayers.

IN HIS LOVE

Stevernator

Re: Mormons (latter day saints), who are they?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:18:25 AM »

Hey Bradigans,
Do your research and don't let anyone make you feel uncomfortable for not believing what they believe. Some of their beliefs are that Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and God had a wife to have all humanity etc. If you search on the internet you can find for yourself what they believe.
Just some verses to consider

2 Peter 2:1
[ False Teachers and Their Destruction ] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves

Matthew 7:15
[ A Tree and Its Fruit ] "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

I think many religous proselytizers can seem very sincere but it is up to us to discern if they are from God or not.

Anyways, heres what Ray says
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2978.0.html

> Whatcha got concerning this group?
    > They claim to "hold the keys"
    > lonnie

Dear Lonnie:

Just another one of the harlot daughters (Rev. 17:5).

God be with you,

Ray

-Steve

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:54:59 AM »

Hi! Bradigans.

Get rid, brother, they don't teach the same Gospel, certainly not the True Gospel of Jesus Christ as it is so inspirationally taught by Ray. They are spiritually dangerous in my humble opinion. They are even worse than the Babylon you have come out of. "..I marvel that ye are so quickly removing from him that called you in the grace of Christ unto a different gospel; 7which is not another gospel only there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.." (Gal.1:6,7).

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.   

chav

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »

Hi Bradigans

i've fought so hard for the little bit i've got. I want to hold on to it. Keep me in your prayers.

If you feel that vulnerable I don't think it a good idea to have them come to your house.In fact the scriptures clearly states

2 John 1:9-11Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
10:If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,
11 :for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

can't be any plainer than that.
all the best

Dave UK

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »

Hey Bradigans,
Do your research and don't let anyone make you feel uncomfortable for not believing what they believe. Some of their beliefs are that Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and God had a wife to have all humanity etc. If you search on the internet you can find for yourself what they believe.

[ False Teachers and Their Destruction ] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves

[ A Tree and Its Fruit ] "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

I think many religous proselytizers can seem very sincere but it is up to us to discern if they are from God or not.

> lonnie

Dear Lonnie:

God be with you,

Ray

-Steve

Hi! Lonnie

Whatcha got on this. I've got this Lonnie. They claim to have the keys. Did they per chance say to where they hold the keys? I can assure you it's not to the place where you or I want to be. Get them out of your house, keep it pure they'll only pollute it.

God bless you and be very careful, stick with Ray and blow the rest.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Brett

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 03:09:04 AM »

Anyway, do they consider this book to be inspired? i notice they have it connected to their King James version Bible's.

I was Mormon and raised with my family before I left Mormon and became Christian (Christendom, Babylon). Now I'm out of Babylon. Anyway, the book of Mormon and the scriptures are not the same. They are not agree at all. I think it is waste time for you to search it but if you want to search, I hope and pray that you will see the big different if God willing. It was awful for me of wasted most of my time and life with Mormon and Christendom. Enough for me. No more Mormon, no more Christendom for me. Believe me, it is waste and garbage.

I don't think you will want to wear Mormon garments and go outside with very hot sunny day. :P ;D ;D.

Have a good day, Bradigans. :D

Brett
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 03:12:11 AM by Brett »

Phil3:10

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

Bradigans,
The Mormons are like all the other religious systems and only want to bind you to their system. My best advice is to only trust JESUS, THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD, THE SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE WORLD. All man made church systems derive their doctrines from man and the traditions of man. Only CHRIST is divine, holy and without fault. We all need only HIM, no church, no other teacher, no man-made system, just JESUS.
In HIM,

KristaD

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 02:16:52 PM »

Bradigans,
The Mormons are like all the other religious systems and only want to bind you to their system. My best advice is to only trust JESUS, THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD, THE SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE WORLD. All man made church systems derive their doctrines from man and the traditions of man. Only CHRIST is divine, holy and without fault. We all need only HIM, no church, no other teacher, no man-made system, just JESUS.
In HIM,
And that's really all there is to say ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »

Bradigans,
In HIM,

Amen, Word's of wisdom right here man.

God blses,

Alex

David

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »

An infallible scientific reason why Mormonism is a crock. They believe that we come from a plannet in the centre of our galaxy. Life of any kind is absolutely impossible in the centre of our galaxy or any other spiral galaxy. Matter there is so tightly packed together, so radio active and so hot nothing could live.
The time it will take you to read Joseph Smiths spurious book of Mormon will be time wasted.

Matt

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 11:39:10 PM »

Be very cautious :o
On the surface, they seem to be o.k.  mostly because of their "family values"
But underneath, like many have already mentioned, it is more of the same old "religion" and many, many in that church secretly want out, but can/will not leave for one reason or another.

I have several Mormon neighbors.  They always look so tired and sad behind their smiles.  They always seem to be drawing on their own strength until utter exhaustion, just to be a good mormon and possibly have their own planet one day to populate with their "spirit babies". 

Matt

musicman

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 12:01:13 AM »

How bout that Ken Jennings on Jeopardy.  He was so smart that he had to purposely lose to get out of there.  Seems someone as smart as him would know that you can't live on a planet at the center of our universe.

Bradigans

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

Thanks everyone for your comments. They had me testify at their church last sunday. Of course i'm with THE WORD. And that's where i hit them; not with the book of mormon, but with THE BIBLE. THE SPIRIT i felt was really on me. i believe i may have sparked an interest in some of them to further seek the truths of the bible. Some of them have been really coming over to my house now, and inviting me to their houses. Keep me in your prayers, because i only want to magnify HIM, and keep myself out of it.

- John 12:32 - And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

KristaD

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »

That's great if they are listening but realize they may just be getting closer b/c they think you need help and they are trying to reel you in. It's awesome to step into a church and speak the truth, but keep in mind that when Jesus was here He wasn't making friends in the temple, He was downright ticking them off ;D.

Kitt

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 11:23:15 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

Be very careful with the Mormons.  They must see some kind of weakness in you because they are having further contact with you.  I had several "Missionaries" come to my home.  I testified to them and showed them the errors in their doctrine from the scriptures.  They were supposed to come back to my house for lunch the following Monday.  They never showed up.  I called their steak house and finally talked with one of the "Missionaries" and found out that my house had been put on a banned list and that they could not come to my house nor could any future missionaries.  Once again, be careful.  Don't be tempted to fellowship with them unless you are well grounded and putting on the full armor of Yahveh, (Ephesians 6:11 - 19) is second nature with you.

Kitt

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 07:21:03 AM »

Hi! Bradigans

It's me yet again. If they keep bothering you do as I did. They left two books one the KJV and the other their own version so they must have done the same with you. I just wrapped them up neatly and posted them back to their church with a note in large block letters reminding them of the consequence of meddling with the Word of God:- "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book."" (Rev.22:18,19).

It cost a fortune in postage, brother, but it was worth it not to see them again.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

carol v

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 05:39:39 PM »

They say it contains events in regard to THE HOLY SPIRIT'S dealings in the America's simultaneous to IT'S (THE HOLY SPIRIT'S) dealings in the holy lands. They say its an accurate recording of events that transpire roughly from 600 B.C. to 420 A.D. in the America's. It was rediscovered by a Joseph Smith in the 1820's.

They do have the entire history of America in their book but it seems that not one single word can be proved through archaelogy. The maps they include have not one iota of familiar landmarks. They mention wars in America and not one single spear/chariot/artifact has ever been found -- unlike the Holy Land which has an abundance of archaelogy that agrees with the Bible.

Their main building in NY state is supposedly built on the site of some major battle yet they conveniently refuse to let any archeological research take place there.

AND -- Joseph Smith found those tablets less than two hundred years ago -- where ARE THEY??? Two hundred years is nothing in archaelogical time and you'd think these tablets would be rather important to them.

I don't think you should be communing with these folks unless as Kitt said you are very, very strong and founded in your belief -- and even then -- why are you. You cannot open their eyes. You have given them your testimony and if it had been strong enough they would not have invited you to their houses.

Their Book of Mormons is a book of a history of America that does not agree with any maps, archaelogy, or research. It's bunk.

Don't meet with them as a group. If one of them comes to you personally to hear your testimony then praise God. But you cannot open their eyes, you can't open their ears. They are under God's strong delusion and nothing you can do will change that. I'm a little worried about the way you are "flirting" with them.

You should not "dabble" for any historical perspective. It is bunk.

I hope I'm being firm enough, Bradigans. We will all certainly pray for you. I agree with Kitt that they are seeing some sort of weakness in you and I can see it in your first post. Run.

Carol
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:44:32 PM by carol v »

Bradigans

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:18:24 PM »

My dialogue with the mormons today began with debunking THE BOOK OF MORMON being another testament of Jesus Christ and is as follows:
ONE COVENANT (TESTAMENT)

(A depiction {foreshadow}of Christ)

I believe that there can be no such thing as another covenant (testament). There were only two covenants (testaments) of which one was pre-emptive (figurative).

-   Hebrews 10:1-2 - For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? Because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
-   Hebrews 8:5 - Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly (eternal) things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

This means there is only one covenant (testament) from God’s perspective. Bona fide believers should want to have Gods perspective which is the perspective of faith (Hebrews 11:6, Hebrews 11:1). There can be other testimonies that bear out the truth.

-   2 Corinthians 3:3 - Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

But, there could never be another testament (covenant). For something to be considered a Bible, it would first have to set forth a preemptive covenant of Moses in detail (see Exodus and Leviticus on the priesthood and Tabernacle), and consummative covenant of Christ Jesus and His Holy Church (the gospels, Acts, and Revelations).

Also, a testament can never be dedicated without blood.

-   Hebrews 9:17-18 - For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon, neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Testaments of Bible both dedicated with blood of Christ.

-   Hebrews 10:9-10 - Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

IN HIS LOVE   

Bradigans

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 10:21:45 PM »

Bradigans,
In HIM,

They state they're different in that they don't have roots out of Roman Catholic Church like rest of denomized world church organizations. They state they're the church God is manifesting Himself in and through in these latter days.

Bradigans

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »

Hey Bradigans,

> lonnie

Dear Lonnie:

God be with you,

Ray

-Steve

This is so true. They seem so sincere. You almost don't want to hurt them. Thanks for your comments, i am indeed doing my research. Continue to keep me in your prayers. Oh, they state that the godhead is in two personages whatever that means. Keep me in your prayers...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.