bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Being a Christian is bad?  (Read 26245 times)

Roy Coates

Being a Christian is bad?
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »

I thought to claim oneself to be a Christian meant that you followed Christ Jesus. I read here and there on the forum that some do not consider themselves to be "Christian" Now I do believe that "Christianity" has become perverse and I assume this is the reason. However if there is additional information that will help enlighten please pass it on.

UncleBeau

Re: Being a Christian is bad?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »

This is from a personal standpoint:
If I am to "call" myself a christian, I'm subject to christian doctrines and those christians that wish to discuss Scripture with me will take that into consideration (that I believe in the major doctrines that they do, which i don't and niether do the Scriptures). If I were to call myself a Nazi, you would automatically assume I hate the jews. If I were a vegetarian, you'd naturally assume I don't eat meat. Christian doctrines don't agree with Scripture whatsoever, and so, I'm not a part of that "group", just like I'm not an athiest. If I could be so bold to say that those of us here with like minds that study the Word of God, are looking forward to being a part of God's new family, along with the rest of the human race. You don't need to "call" yourself anything for that; there's no requirement that you should be a part of a certain group, save God's chosen elect, which we all strive for unto the end.

-Beau

Just a side note, my spellchecker insists that I capitalize "christian".

Kitt

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »

This is also a personal opinion on my part.  I agree with Beau that to go by the label of Christian implies that one agrees with that religion's doctrines and beliefs.  When people ask me, I tell them that I am a born again believer in Yeshua the Messiah and give praise to his Father Yahveh.  People will then say to me that I am a Christian and I tell them no I am not and why.  After all they invited me to speak the Gospel with their question.

Use any opening that the Spirit of the Father Yahveh gives you to speak the Good News Gospel.

Kitt

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »

I agree. Christians have many different beliefs. When boiled down you get to one common denominator, JESUS. I thought this was the base, the building block of everything.

UncleBeau

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »

Jesus' word is Truth and his Father's word is Truth. They are one. They agree. His word is NOT, however, a building block for "many different beliefs".

-Beau

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »

Hi Roy

You have some very beautiful responses so far.

To add, I personally believe that our corner stone is Christ and the True and only foundation is also Christ. I can see why Christians make their Church the cornerstone and their belonging to a denomination, their salvation. It quite frankly is easier and less painful or sacrificial. This less painful way, produces the false sense of security which is the problem in false doctrines that put to sleep the persons who receive, hold on to and agree with them. Unavoidably this has resulted in the multiple schisms in the body of Christ that testify to the failure of Christianity to produce the real fruit of His Spirit.  3000 different denominations under the dome of Christianity are the schisms in the body of Christ and each laceration of His Body sets itself up above others to claim to be right and the others to be wrong.

I think that the manifestations of division and rulership is of Satan who is the head of all the false teachings, blasphemy and errors under which the Christan church rules and subdues with false teachings and errors. These false teachings sap the possibility of nurturing any spiritual strenght, integrity and obedience to the call of God to come out of her,  by dousing the  truth with lies and errors that place in bondage millions of professing Christians. These professing Christians have not even heard the call of God. It is not for them at this time to hear or obey or even understand God.

Ray has brought the blessed light upon the fact that Satan is the head in Christiandom and Satans throne is in Christiandom itself. That is why I can not say I am any part of any work of any Satanic Doctrine or belief system.

I know that a house divided against itself will fall and I also know that Satanic rule will fail. The sacrifice is on any who would come out of this house or hour of trial and be counted as the called out ones being strengthened to sacrifice in order to attain to the reward of obedience to Gods voice and non other. God's voice is " Come out of her My people." There are few who have heard, responded and are being dragged out.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Roy Coates

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

Thanks to all again for the response.

One thing you (Arcturus) said about being the "called out ones" and you probably already know this but, Cristendom believes the Christian Church is "the called out ones" being called out of the world. I thank God every day for blessing me with the eyes to see. I pray for those blinded, knowing that it is God's will they can not see the truth at this time.

Bradigans

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »

I agree. Christians have many different beliefs. When boiled down you get to one common denominator, JESUS. I thought this was the base, the building block of everything.

Not necessarily true. Remember anti Christ poses himself to be Christ.

- 2 Corinthians 11:14 - And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

It all started out with him wanting to be more righteous than God.

- Isaiah 14:14 - I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

You have to be careful that your christianity isn't just another religion (hinduism, budhism, pantheism, etc). It's just another form (2 Timothy 3:5) if it has not THE HOLY SPIRIT of Christ (God).

Stevernator

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 05:36:47 PM »

Hey Bradigans,
Please check out the Lucifer hoax if you get a chance. It seems that in Isaiah, Lucifer may be referring to the king of Babylon rather than Satan. I was pretty surprised when I found this out.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

-Steve

Bradigans

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »

Hi Roy

You have some very beautiful responses so far.

To add, I personally believe that our corner stone is Christ and the True and only foundation is also Christ. I can see why Christians make their Church the cornerstone and their belonging to a denomination, their salvation. It quite frankly is easier and less painful or sacrificial. This less painful way, produces the false sense of security which is the problem in false doctrines that put to sleep the persons who receive, hold on to and agree with them. Unavoidably this has resulted in the multiple schisms in the body of Christ that testify to the failure of Christianity to produce the real fruit of His Spirit.  3000 different denominations under the dome of Christianity are the schisms in the body of Christ and each laceration of His Body sets itself up above others to claim to be right and the others to be wrong.

I think that the manifestations of division and rulership is of Satan who is the head of all the false teachings, blasphemy and errors under which the Christan church rules and subdues with false teachings and errors. These false teachings sap the possibility of nurturing any spiritual strenght, integrity and obedience to the call of God to come out of her,  by dousing the  truth with lies and errors that place in bondage millions of professing Christians. These professing Christians have not even heard the call of God. It is not for them at this time to hear or obey or even understand God.

Ray has brought the blessed light upon the fact that Satan is the head in Christiandom and Satans throne is in Christiandom itself. That is why I can not say I am any part of any work of any Satanic Doctrine or belief system.

I know that a house divided against itself will fall and I also know that Satanic rule will fail. The sacrifice is on any who would come out of this house or hour of trial and be counted as the called out ones being strengthened to sacrifice in order to attain to the reward of obedience to Gods voice and non other. God's voice is " Come out of her My people." There are few who have heard, responded and are being dragged out.

Peace to you

Satans throne is in Christiandom itself

AMEN!!!

- Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Bradigans

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »

Hey Bradigans,
Please check out the Lucifer hoax if you get a chance. It seems that in Isaiah, Lucifer may be referring to the king of Babylon rather than Satan. I was pretty surprised when I found this out.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

-Steve

Thanks, and i certainly will check it out.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »

Hi Roy

Yes. To whom much is given much will be required and I whole heatedly agree that if we have been given eyes to see, then it is for us to imitate Christ in intercession for those who are at this time according to the Plan of God, blind and hardened in heart and mind, who knowing not God, are neither caring to know Him or hear Him.

That Lucifer teaching is a real eye opener Bradigans! :D

Peace to you

KristaD

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »

I don't like to call myself a christian either b/c it's associated with religion and church. I tell people that I am a radical christian or a christian that doesn't agree with modern christianity. The only reason I use the word at all is to let people know that I believe in God and Jesus, but I do feel the need to expand on it and make it known that it doesn't mean that I sit in church every week or claim a religion and that I DON"T believe they will burn in hell for not sharing my beliefs. I have been wishing there was an easier way to tell people what I believe but I guess it's just not supposed to be so easy to label. It's funny though that the pagans and athiests understand the difference easily while christians can not grasp the fact that I'm not religious and don't attend church.

Roy Coates

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 10:31:32 PM »

I think I am a Christian because I believe in Christ Jesus, not because I believe in christian doctrine. But that is the only reason I would say I am a Christian. The Bible college I attend drives me crazy with their doctrine and contradictions. I ask pointed questions in the spirit of learning and am looked at as a detractor. The Spirit uses me sometimes to stump the professors. Same thing at my "local church" the teachings at the Bible study as well as the sermons are all mixed up. I was called out of the world and now I am being called out Christendom and feel great about it. It is a supreme privilege to be in the Spiritual postion that I am in. Praise God.

Roy Monis

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »

Hi! Again Roy

Being a Christian is bad, brother, because it has been made bad by man. We are that part of the true Body of Christ that has obeyed the call to come out of her:-“Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate, says the Lord. And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty." (2Cor.6:17,18).

This Body of Christ is united and not divided into a thousand different pieces like the pathetic Christianity that we have left, you included brother. Welcome. We obey God and worship Him in Spirit and not in buildings decorated with pagan gargoyles. 

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

dogcombat

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »

Actually, a better definition would be diciple.  Those Jesus called to "follow" Him were diciples.  Being a diciple means you follow Christ where God would lead you.  Also, it's a lifestyle that GOD calls you to do (John 6:44). 

Ches

David

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 11:41:43 AM »

I see no problem with being called a Christian, or proclaiming to be a Christian, provided one abides to the doctrine of Jesus Christ and not the Babylonian doctrines of the Church.
It is Biblically correct to use the term Christian. Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

1 Peter 4:15 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.

kweli

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 12:12:34 PM »

I've seen the word Christian used a couple of times in the bible. Does anybody know if it is in the Scriptures though? Maybe which greek/hebrew word it is derived from or what the CLTNT and others say maybe? I'm sure my CEV is not reliable in matters like these...I'm not trying to discredit the use of the word. It's only to be sure(r) of it
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:14:44 PM by kweli »

Kat

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »

Hi Kweli,

The word in both of the verses that David gave (Acts 11:26; 1 Peter 4:15) are from Strong's #5546.

G5546
Χριστιανός
Christianos
khris-tee-an-os'
From G5547; a Christian, that is, follower of Christ: - Christian.

There is one more verse with that number.

Act 26:28  Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »

I certainly do not care to be a part of any division. Better known as "denomination" these days even nondenominational is a denomination. We know that main stream Christendom is full of men's doctrine, many evils and false teachings. I must add that God used this system that we are being called out of to draw me back to Christ. However, in my study I quickly stalled in my maturing process and started searching for more. I thank God every day for Christendom, He designed it and He used it to draw me to him. I am gaining, growing in Christ. I gained some valuable experience in Christendom, we all did. I believe that there is no waste in Gods economy

And yes dogcombat I find comfort in the term disciple too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:59:18 PM by Roy Coates »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.