bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tired / depressed  (Read 7294 times)

Triton

Tired / depressed
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:08:47 AM »

Hello dear All,

This might be a bit of a strange question to ask, but maybe I might just get helped out this way.

I've been struggling with physical tiredness for the last two years or so. Physically I don't seem to have any problem. I get enough sleep, eat healthy, exercise lightly and take quality vitamins. But I keep feeling extremely tired.

This is effecting my life in more ways than just the physical.

Now, the reason I'm writing about this here, is 'cause I've read several readers' posts here who said they suffered from depression. Did any of those who suffer or did suffer from depresssion also find that it was accompanied with tiredness? I'm trying to find the source of my problem and therefore this question here on the board.
Actually, I suspect I am to an extent, depressed. Don't really know how to deal with it. Just want to try and see if there is a relation between depression and tiredness.

I would appreciate any response.

Take care All
Paul

Jackie Lee

Re: Tired / depressed
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 03:08:01 AM »

For me when depression shows its ugly self I am tired, I want to sleep to make it go away.
I do try and function as normal but it has to run its course, I don't know if this is the case for others though.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your plight with depression and being tired. My brother has Bipolar depression and I see him sleep when he is feeling depressed. I am not saying you have this terrible disease, but being tired can be associated with depression. You may need more sun light!! I work at a mental hospital and we try to get the patients out for sun and fresh air has much has possible and believe it or not they start to feel alot better. My husband and I try to get plenty of sun and it helps. we even got a sun lamp for days that are gloomy. You can also try  St. John's Wart it is a vitamin that helps with the tiny signs of depression. I am sorry I couldn't be more help.

Matt

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »

Paul,
 I was mildly depressed for a while a few years ago.  It wasn't that I was tired so much.  I just had no desire to do .......do just about anything.......except maybe look at my T.V. and take many, many, naps.
However, I did know the source of my depression. 
I recommend that you spend some serious "alone time" with God and ask for His help.
It may not work out as fast as you want, but if you truly seek Him out, He will be there for you.

I pray for your peace and strength!
Matt

Bradigans

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »

Are you a believer, because you know God is a jealous God.

- Exodus 34:14 - For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

i had that same problem years ago of putting my trust in physical health, fitness, and nutrition. Look at what Jesus says.

- John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It's amazing how much of a regimented slave i was. I started exhibiting the same signs you're exhibiting. i couldn't understand.

anyway, i stayed in THE WORD, and finally got delivered. It was a long weening process, i might add. I think i know exactly what you're talking about as far as the physical tiredness. I remember those physical exertions. They're something out of hell. You're in my prayers. This is a hard idol of the heart to overcome. But, with God's grace, made applicable by staying in THE WORD, nothing is too hard.

IN HIS LOVE  

Triton

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »

Dear Jackie, Frecklegirl, Matt and Bradigans

Thank you so much for your replies. I've taken the time to think them over.

Just being able to post here, and getting responses from people far away who I've never met, is so uplifting.

Thank you All!

Paul

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 12:15:14 AM »

Still praying for you Triton. :)

Robin

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 02:27:31 AM »

Hi Paul,

Have you had your thyroid tested?
I thought I was suffering from depression and it turned out to be my thyroid.
It got so bad I could hardly move and I am just borderline low. I was depressed, but the cause was physical.

When I go through normal depression it is usually after long periods of stress when I have to cope with a lot for a long time. I've taken anti-depressants short term when I couldn't pull myself out of it. It sounds like you are doing pretty good if you are still eating well, exercising, and sleeping well.

I would talk to your doctor and get some blood tests if you haven't done so already.

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 07:55:45 AM »

Hi Paul,

I agree with M.G. regarding a visit to your GP. 

Cheers
Heidi

ailish

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »

- Exodus 34:14 - For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

i had that same problem years ago of putting my trust in physical health, fitness, and nutrition. Look at what Jesus says.

- John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It's amazing how much of a regimented slave i was. I started exhibiting the same signs you're exhibiting. i couldn't understand.

anyway, i stayed in THE WORD, and finally got delivered. It was a long weening process, i might add. I think i know exactly what you're talking about as far as the physical tiredness. I remember those physical exertions. They're something out of hell. You're in my prayers. This is a hard idol of the heart to overcome. But, with God's grace, made applicable by staying in THE WORD, nothing is too hard.

IN HIS LOVE 

i dont believe depression is an idol.  it is an illness
i suffer with it.  i certainly dont consider it an idol. 
depression can happen for any number of reasons and unfortunately you can disagree but sickness is not idolatory.  when you said about idolatory i wonder if you meant self pity, which is definitely a different ball game altogether.

being fed up with life is a lot different than depression.

depression robs people of their life, and yes causes tiredness, you can sleep for hours and still wake up like you havent had an ounce of sleep.  it takes away ability to think, be motivated never mind idolize.  depression is a very real illness and needs treatment just as much as cancer, malaria or anything other sickness.

those who suffer depression struggle to get through each moment or their life and it can be a horrendous battle to find out why the sickness has started and even finding out the cause doesnt necessarily guarantee healing.  but god holds me in the palm of his hand because i know for certain that he has taken me through a lot of stuff that i couldnt wish on anyone.

maybe i have misunderstood your words "idol of the heart"

god bless

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »

If you are getting enough quality sleep then yes depression can make you tired.  Depression effects the physical not just mental. Depression is a chemical imbalance these neurotransmitters can effect other areas of the body.

I agree with MG have your thyroid checked. Iif you have any swollen glands them Mono can also cause this symptom. A blood count can also check for infection or anemia.

Have you stopped caffein or other stimulants it could be rebound withdrawal. High blood sugars from high carbs can also make you sleepy, post thanksgiving dinner reflex.

You need to see someone and have an evaluation, I do not know your age or other symptoms that could pin this down.

I have the opposite problem sometimes .....insomnia. :P

beloved

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »

It sure is great to have a Doctor in the house!

Thank you Beloved,

Joe

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

Its great to have a Doctor around in this place!!
Beloved has given me good advice.

I get depressed often, but more over matters in life and others lives that are close to me.
It can definitely take a toll on you.
You just feel like nothing matters and life isn't important.

I will say stay in the word and come here often for the edification.
There are some good people here that are willing to help where they can.
Sometimes just a phone call away!!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

KristaD

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »

IN HIS LOVE 

i dont believe depression is an idol.  it is an illness
i suffer with it.  i certainly dont consider it an idol. 
depression can happen for any number of reasons and unfortunately you can disagree but sickness is not idolatory.  when you said about idolatory i wonder if you meant self pity, which is definitely a different ball game altogether.

being fed up with life is a lot different than depression.

depression robs people of their life, and yes causes tiredness, you can sleep for hours and still wake up like you havent had an ounce of sleep.  it takes away ability to think, be motivated never mind idolize.  depression is a very real illness and needs treatment just as much as cancer, malaria or anything other sickness.

those who suffer depression struggle to get through each moment or their life and it can be a horrendous battle to find out why the sickness has started and even finding out the cause doesnt necessarily guarantee healing.  but god holds me in the palm of his hand because i know for certain that he has taken me through a lot of stuff that i couldnt wish on anyone.

maybe i have misunderstood your words "idol of the heart"

god bless

i am pretty sure Bradigans meant that relying on physical fitness and such was an idol of the heart and that depression was the effect of the idolatry ;).
I think you've gotten great advice all around here Paul. I do hope this is lifted from you soon, depression is a horrible thing :(.

gmik

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 02:02:11 AM »

Paul I am just reading this now.  I think that tiredness is a symptom of depression for sure.

This entire thread has had wonderful advice given. Having "had" it, and taking pills for it, I still agree w/ those that mentioned the more wholistic approach, at the time I was just too lazy to do the right things.  Popping a pill seemed easier!!! Even that would depress me!!

Finding BT released me from the guilt/shame etc bcz then I learned it is all of God. Now I am learning so much and being freed from the clutches of Babylon's teachings, that I am happier than I have ever been.

This my friend is what I will pray for you.

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »

Hi! Paul

Gena took the words right out of my mouth. I keep coming back to the same thing and perhaps it is for this reason that the Lord inflicted me in the way He has. After the Lord took my dear wife from me I went through 12 months of hell. Not the imaginary hell of eternal punishment but a hell of limited torment and by torment I mean torment. I believe now it was to humble me just as a cook tenderizes a piece of tough steak to produce a delicious dinner, only God's method is a slight more severe on the tough steak. When I was at the stage that I was actually praying to Him to take me, that's when I found Bible Truths and this forum of lovely helpful people.

It was here that the scene changed as I plunged head first into doing what I believe God put me here for, to use my experiences both good and bad for the edification of others. The feed back from here and Ray's teachings left no room for depression or self pity my mind was fully occupied in doing the job I believe He had commissioned me to do. I am not a doctor, I couldn't recognize depression if it was handed me on a plate, all I do know is I hardly slept, had a poor appetite, dropped from my usual 13 stone to a mere 8, had to get new trousers from size 16 to 12. I was on death row and now I am back to my normal 13 stone and 16 trousers. All glory to God my Saviour.

Gena's advice my brother is sound, all you need to do is occupy that mind and throw every effort into your service to God and let Him guide you. He is the same God who is in all of us here, and there is no partiality with Him. What He does for one He will do for all who love Him.

Take your mind of the concerns of this world and give it to God and follow His advice and your depression or whatever it is will vanish. " For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt.6:25-34).

The rest of the advice is sound also, a blood test as Beloved suggests will let you know if there are any physical problems. But all is of God and He is in control give Him priority and pray on your knees, something they never did during my time in Babylon.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Beloved

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Roy you may have been "stew" meat but with God works you are sure becoming
                       a Filet Mignon.

Paul I re-read your initial post and it seems that it is not just tiredness that you are dealing with. I agree with Roy and Gina's post and state that now seeing God's plan helps remove the state of depresssion from me. But it is a slow work in progress.

When reading about depression, in the field of psychiatry it is seen as a condition where anger is turned inward. That always intrigued me because it seem so counter intuitive. Excess sleep is a way of avoiding dealing with the problems. That is physical now you need to deal with the spiritual as Roy has written

Shabbath (Rest)  in the Lord.....

1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

In pray remind Him of all your concerns

Beloved
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:02:34 PM by Beloved »

Roy Monis

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 07:26:04 AM »

Dear Beloved

Thank you for your kind words but pray what on earth is a Filet Mignon? The only filets I can see in the shops are Cod.

Thanks a lot, it's all of God, praise Him!

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Beloved

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 07:56:04 AM »

Roy

I do not know what they are callled in England but, here in the US they are the most tender and choicest part of beef. Part of the tenderloin I think. They are the most expensive cut, they are small and round, sometimes cooked with circle of bacon to keep them moist.

beloved

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.