bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6508 times)

EKnight

Hello
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:05:04 AM »

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you how I came to be here.  First, I'm Eileen and I have been married for 21 years this month and my husband and I have 3 children ages 22, 20 and 17. 

Almost two months ago, my oldest son got into some trouble with a girl he was living with and he came home.  He looked terrible and I had been told by outside observers that he was using drugs, more than the alcohol and marijuana I already knew about.  I was at church a week later and I was praying for his lost soul.  He himself cried to me that he wanted his soul back.  While in church, I felt a presence that weakened me.  I went home and googled "God help me" and was immediately taken to "Allaboutgod.com" where was reading and then got an invitation to join "allaboutgod.NET".  I was greeted with welcomes and set up my own web page there and I was feeling like 'okay, God wanted me to find this site'.  I started thinking 'I don't want to be Catholic I want to be christian'.  I went to visit my 85 year old mother (a lifetime  DEVOUT Catholic).  She is a simple woman with a simple faith.  I told her that I believed (as one of my sisters who left the RCC a long time ago, and now "Lutheran" sort of) that you only needed to believe in Jesus to go to heaven and that I didn't believe in "purgatory".  She said "well what about the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man?"  I really wasn't that familiar with the story.  So, I went home and googled it to find out the story so that I could tell her.  That search brought me to bible truths.  And for 10 days straight (and into the wee hours of the morning), I read more than my pea brain could process.  I actually overloaded on this site.  However, I have come to see that Ray has clearly done his homework and questions that have dogged me for years were answered and Ray made complete sense of the bible to me.  Not that I understand 1/100 of the bible but I have a clearer understanding.

The most freeing aspect was that ALL WILL BE SAVED!  Now maybe I just wanted to hear that.  But while I posed this question (What happens to people of other religions), on allaboutgod.net, I was quoted something about the word of God reaching all four corners of the earth and then the end would be near.  And told that because of technology today, nearly everyone could hear about Jesus Christ.  In other words, no excuse.  It was stated much more intelligently than that and I bought it but I was not happy about it at all.  I want some of the kindest people I know to have a chance.  My "Lutheran" sister told another one of my sisters (I have 6) that her son-in-law who was Jewish was going to burn in hell if he didn't accept Jesus Christ.  Her son-in-law married her daughter knowing she was afflicted with an illness that could easily take her life and that they would not have children and I'm not even sure they could let's say "consummate" the marriage.  He takes care of her!  He loves her and is dedicated and true to her.  But he is going to burn in hell?  I can't accept that.  I won't accept that. 

I have always accepted that all are subject to God's Will but probably not to the extent that I do now.  That too was freeing to me.  I can now love my enemies (phileo love?).  Really, I have never been able to see the good in everyone until now.  I have also found patience which is something I have prayed for all my life!!  I don't feel angry or envious anymore.  I have so much more peace in my life.  However, I can't get my husband to let go of his "fabled free will".  I joke with him and tell him we are "unequally yoked" now. 

And the best thing that has happened is my oldest son is in rehab now and I spoke with him today.  He sounds like a different person.  He sounds like the child I lost so long ago.  Don't get me wrong, I don't deceive myself.  I know that he has a long road ahead of him but I pray that God keeps knocking on his door and I plan to reintroduce him to God via this website.  I can't wait for the Nashville Conference audio's because my son is too scientific about our being here on earth.  I'm confident Ray will be able to help him see things he has never considered before.

Thanks for listening.

Eileen

Kat

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »

Hi Eileen,

I am glad you have been set free and joined us  :)
There is so much dept to Ray's articles, but you can read and gain a basic understanding that truly will set you free.  But once you have reached the point where you can start rereading, you will begin to see there is always more to learn there.
It's such a blessing (and relief) to know God is totally in control and is not going to send anybody to roast for eternity.
Do join in the discussions and we don't mind questions, as we have people that have a really good understanding and are excellent in explaining things.

Here are links to stuff you may not have found yet.
Forum info and indexes board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:07:43 PM »

A big warm welcome to you Eileen

Thank you for sharing how you came here to BT. It is so wonderful to experience through others testimonies the power and love of Christ for His creation that He ministers to us via the Truths that set us free through this web site. We are so privileged. I too was a Roman Catholic and have been set free!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »

Hi and Welcome Eileen.  Thank you for sharing such painful family events. But it does sound encouraging w/ your son.
Glad you joined us!

chav

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »

Hi and welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

Dave UK

lorrie

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »

Hi!What a wonderfull story.Its amazing how the truth sets us free!I will hold you in my prayers.

joyful1

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »

:D Welcome, Eileen!
Glad that it was meant to be: that you are here! Lots of learning going on and a whole lot of sincere fellowship as well.....looking forward to hearing good news about your son! We also have been down that road with one of my step-daughters. She seems to be coming out of it now and I pray you too will soon find relief that this "stage" in his life is over....don't forget that it is through GREAT tribulation that we enter into the kingdom!
My best to you and yours!
again....
Welcome!
Joyce :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you how I came to be here.  First, I'm Eileen and I have been married for 21 years this month and my husband and I have 3 children ages 22, 20 and 17. 

Almost two months ago, my oldest son got into some trouble with a girl he was living with and he came home.  He looked terrible and I had been told by outside observers that he was using drugs, more than the alcohol and marijuana I already knew about.  I was at church a week later and I was praying for his lost soul.  He himself cried to me that he wanted his soul back.  While in church, I felt a presence that weakened me.  I went home and googled "God help me" and was immediately taken to "Allaboutgod.com" where was reading and then got an invitation to join "allaboutgod.NET".  I was greeted with welcomes and set up my own web page there and I was feeling like 'okay, God wanted me to find this site'.  I started thinking 'I don't want to be Catholic I want to be christian'.  I went to visit my 85 year old mother (a lifetime  DEVOUT Catholic).  She is a simple woman with a simple faith.  I told her that I believed (as one of my sisters who left the RCC a long time ago, and now "Lutheran" sort of) that you only needed to believe in Jesus to go to heaven and that I didn't believe in "purgatory".  She said "well what about the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man?"  I really wasn't that familiar with the story.  So, I went home and googled it to find out the story so that I could tell her.  That search brought me to bible truths.  And for 10 days straight (and into the wee hours of the morning), I read more than my pea brain could process.  I actually overloaded on this site.  However, I have come to see that Ray has clearly done his homework and questions that have dogged me for years were answered and Ray made complete sense of the bible to me.  Not that I understand 1/100 of the bible but I have a clearer understanding.

The most freeing aspect was that ALL WILL BE SAVED!  Now maybe I just wanted to hear that.  But while I posed this question (What happens to people of other religions), on allaboutgod.net, I was quoted something about the word of God reaching all four corners of the earth and then the end would be near.  And told that because of technology today, nearly everyone could hear about Jesus Christ.  In other words, no excuse.  It was stated much more intelligently than that and I bought it but I was not happy about it at all.  I want some of the kindest people I know to have a chance.  My "Lutheran" sister told another one of my sisters (I have 6) that her son-in-law who was Jewish was going to burn in hell if he didn't accept Jesus Christ.  Her son-in-law married her daughter knowing she was afflicted with an illness that could easily take her life and that they would not have children and I'm not even sure they could let's say "consummate" the marriage.  He takes care of her!  He loves her and is dedicated and true to her.  But he is going to burn in hell?  I can't accept that.  I won't accept that. 

I have always accepted that all are subject to God's Will but probably not to the extent that I do now.  That too was freeing to me.  I can now love my enemies (phileo love?).  Really, I have never been able to see the good in everyone until now.  I have also found patience which is something I have prayed for all my life!!  I don't feel angry or envious anymore.  I have so much more peace in my life.  However, I can't get my husband to let go of his "fabled free will".  I joke with him and tell him we are "unequally yoked" now. 

And the best thing that has happened is my oldest son is in rehab now and I spoke with him today.  He sounds like a different person.  He sounds like the child I lost so long ago.  Don't get me wrong, I don't deceive myself.  I know that he has a long road ahead of him but I pray that God keeps knocking on his door and I plan to reintroduce him to God via this website.  I can't wait for the Nashville Conference audio's because my son is too scientific about our being here on earth.  I'm confident Ray will be able to help him see things he has never considered before.

Thanks for listening.

Eileen

Dear Eileen

Roy UK here. I too was a one time disillusioned Catholic, unfortunately I jumped ship mid ocean and landed on a piece of drift wood by the name of "The World Wide Church Of God". This new life saver turned out to be very unstable, so I decided to jump yet again only this time I landed in real deep water "The Pentecostal Church" with weird practices that threatened to take me under.

Being " Slain by the Spirit" they called it. People falling on their backs on stage, kicking their legs in the air and howling like dogs. In the Bible I could find only one unfortunate who fell on his back and that was Eli and he broke his neck and died, but surprisingly this lot came back to life. Everyone in the Bible appeared to fall flat on their faces regardless of damaging their good by breaking their nose. These antics disgusted me because I could not bring myself to believe that anyone who believed and worshiped God could degrade Him in such a depraved way.

No more jumping ship, I needed proper help. And do you know something I discovered that there is only one place where that help can come from and that is God. I knew there was a God but I also knew that He wasn't in the places I'd visited.

My wife was 92 and I was 85 at the time. She suffered with Alzheimer's disease and on my knees I prayed and do you know what? After 57 years of happy married live He took her away from me and left me devastated with a part of me dying with her - my will to live. For twelve months I went through the motions of a living, talking, eating, sleeping and waking robot. It was hell in the Babylonian sense of the word. Then it happened, I typed hell into "Google" and up came "Bible Truths". I read...I read...I read and I'm still reading about things that I'd never dreamed of.
The Lord calls His people out in mysterious ways and they are mostly all painful, and mine was no different.

Would you believe me if I told you, now I actually praise the Lord and thank Him for taking her, because He did it ever so gently and lovingly right out of my arms into His, no pain, no suffering just peaceful. At the time I was devastated and cursed and fell out with Him, but now I shudder to think of what the end result could have been had the disease progressed to its final stages. We don't look at things like that do we? But we are not God we are selfish and mean. Who can doubt that He is a Loving and Merciful God, I mean other than Babylon?

Now my life is centred around my Lord Jesus Christ and my prayer is that He not I will take control of this empty tent.

I have written all this because I believe that when He calls the trip is not a walk in the park as Ray says. And yours is no different so: "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not affrighted, neither be thou dismayed: for Jehovah thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. (Josh.1:9)

God bless and make you into a new creation as He has done with me.

Love in Christ Jesus

Roy.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »

Thank you for sharing your testimony to what Jesus has done for you Roy. Beautiful!

Peace to you

EKnight

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »

Thanks to all of you for all your kind words.  And thank you Roy for sharing your personal story as well.  My father died in 2004 in much the same way as you describe your wife's passing.  He went quickly with all of his children and my mother around him and at home.  It was his time and I am glad it went the way it did. 

God Bless you all

Eileen

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »

Thank you for sharing your testimony to what Jesus has done for you Roy. Beautiful!

Peace to you

Hi! Arcturus

Thank you for your kind remark. Life is no bed of roses and I feel deeply for someone like Eileen and what she is going through. Joyful1 is another who is suffering greatly but I never knew till I read her response to someone in a similar situation. To read her posts you wouldn't think she was suffering, Joyful1 is indeed a fitting title. This is where God's Spirit and personal character truly shows.

God bless You

Love in Christ Jesus       

Roy.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 05:20:10 PM by Roy Monis UK »

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »

Roy and Eileen,
Thank you so very much for your testimony. I do think our GOD is now drawing more and more of HIS elect out of the evil systems of today. All praise and glory to HIM who is able to accomplish what HE so desires.
Phil3:10

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 07:07:03 PM »

Hi Roy

You are welcome.

You might not know that someone is going through a trial but the tell tail signs of such trials in a persons life might well be their insights. I think Ray has suffered. I do not think Ray has been immune to suffering in fact we know he has not been spared the deepest wounds possible to a father and as did God the Father see his son die, so too has Ray been through this experience.

I know others who I admire have also suffered. My dear husband is such a person.

It is just my observation and not a generalisation,  that a broken heart can know depths and reach spiritual truths that a unbroken heart can not even begin to comprehend or imagine.

Peace to you

Gary McCoy

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »

Hi Eileen,

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed your story. Thanks for posting and hope to read more from you in the coming days.

blessings

Gary

Roy Monis

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »

Hi Roy

You are welcome.

You might not know that someone is going through a trial but the tell tail signs of such trials in a persons life might well be their insights. I think Ray has suffered. I do not think Ray has been immune to suffering in fact we know he has not been spared the deepest wounds possible to a father and as did God the Father see his son die, so too has Ray been through this experience.

I know others who I admire have also suffered. My dear husband is such a person.

It is just my observation and not a generalisation,  that a broken heart can know depths and reach spiritual truths that a unbroken heart can not even begin to comprehend or imagine.

Peace to you

Hi! Arcturus

Yes how true, a broken and contrite heart is what our loving God demands for repentance and He makes absolutely sure that He gets it. How very true, and only those like yourself dear lady included who have been through the grinding mill can truly appreciate it.

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

Thank you for the kind words Roy.

Yes. Is it not bizarr that only in hind sight and God willing, do we receive His Wisdom to know that our trials are not in vain but are His methods by which He makes us to participate in His Image. We are so blessed to be given the gift of being humbled and sweetened in this process. It really is quite extraordinary but then our Father and His Son, are extraordinary and miraculous!

Peace to you

Arc :)

God has not finished with me yet! His most critical work He is leaving till last :( ;D...I am certain of this! A very precious vessel of our Lord sent me this awesome council : In 1 Peter 4:19 we read: “Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.”  Two things: always seek to do what is right, and entrust yourself and the circumstances and results to Him.  This guided me through my hard time(s) and in the end gave me the victory.

LadyRanae

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 04:45:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum EILEEN. Awesome testimony and may God continue to bless you and reveal truth to you!
Love in Christ,

Ranae

Pini56

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 06:28:15 AM »

Hello EKnight. Hope this encourages you.

Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

With Love
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.