bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My name is Mud  (Read 5599 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
My name is Mud
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »

Well today is mothers day and it will be the first time since being called out of the church that I won't be attending with my mother.  Even though it is 5 years since being called out, I have attended easter and mothers day because mom would lay an egg if I didn't.  I didn't go to easter this year and it was bad, i'm not attending mothers day today and it will be very, very bad. 

I probably would have attended until I was told they were trying to break the attendance record.  The church is relativley small so seating and parking would be a problem that I just didn't want to deal with for an hours worth of sleep ;)  Get this, if they break the record the preacher will go down to the creek behind the church and catch a snapping turtle bare handed.  Woooa.   With my luck the attendance record will fall 4 short and my brood of 5 would have put them over the top.  If thats the case, I'll have a years supply of eggs.:D

All joking aside, the hardest part of being called out is the anger you endure from family and friends.  All I can do is try to live the sermons they only listen to.  I can use some prayer strength today as I leave for dinner.  (If I'm still invited)

Craig

Kat

Re: My name is Mud
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »

Hi Craig,

We never know what our brothers are going through, until they share it with us.  I feel sympathy for you in your situation, because our moms are so special to us.  I will say a pray that some how this will turn into a blessing for you and your mom  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rk12201960

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:34:35 AM »

My prayers are with you also Craig.
Nothing is lost in Gods purpose.

Randy

rjsurfs

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »

Funny story Craig... I know it's true though as I have experienced the same.

It is interesting how we can be frowned upon or scorned because we are free indeed.

Bobby

gmik

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »

Craig I do feel your pain.

BUT.....MY mom is in a nursing home w/ alzheimers and I am not even driving up there to see her.  I WISH i would have spent more time w/ her. My mother in law died of cancer a few years ago and I still miss her, even tho we went round and round about Lutherans vs Pentecostals.  What a waste of time and energy I spent on that lie.

In the whole scheme of things and knowing what we know is truth, maybe it wouldn't have been so awful to attend w/ her or send the kids or send an olive branch of some kind??

I am speaking as a 59 year old w/ grown kids.  THEY wish I would come to church w/ them!!

It is a crazy world we live in.   Just make sure if you can that your mom KNOWS  you LOVE her!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 01:13:12 PM »

Mothers Day for you Craig became Fathers Day today.  You are a Father like your Father God is and every Mother on earth can only be mightly proud of having such a son.

Peace be with you brother and also with your dear and precious Mother.

Hope you went to supper!
Arc.

Roy Monis

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »

Hi! Craig

My prayers are with you my brother, I can appreciate how you feel because mothers and fathers are all dear to us. I happen to be rather fortunate in that respect as I'm the only surviving member of my tribe, when I'm gone it's all gone but the world, with all it's heart aches will carry on I suppose. Praise God.

Few people truly appreciate what suffering there is in this world, sometimes inflicted quite unnecessarily.

God bless you and give you the strength to come through.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Matt

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »

Craig,
She may get a little upset for a time, but I have a feeling everything will work out fine, just as long as you continue to show her the true love you have for her :)

Matt

psalmsinger

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »

Hello Mud:)

One day someone spoke up to honor Jesus' mother.  I take a bit of comfort in His reply.

Luke 11:27-28
27   And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28   But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.(KJV)

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

kweli

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »

Dear Mud the stud (okay fine, that's horrible)

Dear Mud

I dont mean to be impersonal. Please correct me if I am. Most of us are going to experience such things along the way. I was hoping you could let us know how dinner was, if you were still invited.

I'm a couple of hours late with that prayer but I wouldnt mind sharing in your grief/joy...

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:45 AM »

Hey Kweli....I don't think Mud got any dinner....he is not responding.

Anyways, we had Mothersday in NZ on Sunday 11th - it was great to celebrate my first Mothersday not going to church  :) :D ;D

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »

All went fine, I maybe even gained a few pounds. :o

Craig

kweli

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 11:51:22 AM »

Physically or Spiritually?
 because one of them is not something to be proud of...  :D  :D  :D
Good that it went fine

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »

All went fine, I maybe even gained a few pounds. :o

Craig

Good on ya Craig

Glad it went well and you enjoyed your dinner. Prayers do get answered now, don't they?

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.