bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems With These Passages  (Read 4007 times)

Origen II

Problems With These Passages
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:47:17 PM »

Are all given to Jesus by the Father?  No.  "I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom Thou hast given Me; for they are Thine," (John 17:9)

The book of John seems to try and make it clear that only a few will be saved...while others will go into judgement.

If this is the case, then what is "being saved" all about here? If the non-believers will be resurrected and NOT see life, then what is it?

Are all given to Jesus by the Father?  No.  "I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom Thou hast given Me; for they are Thine," (John 17:9).

Origen II

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 12:10:37 AM »

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him," (John 3:36).

SteveB

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:28:43 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are all given to Jesus by the Father? No. "I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom Thou hast given Me; for they are Thine," (John 17:9)

The book of John seems to try and make it clear that only a few will be saved...while others will go into judgement.

If this is the case, then what is "being saved" all about here? If the non-believers will be resurrected and NOT see life, then what is it?

Are all given to Jesus by the Father? No. "I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom Thou hast given Me; for they are Thine," (John 17:9).

'being saved' is what Paul calls the mark of the prize of the high calling.
This is the reward for all those in the FIRST resurrection. On who the second death(LOF) has no power.

So, those in the first res. will rule this earth with Christ(mellinium) and will be used to bring in the hordes of humanity in the second res.

Service to Jesus Christ IS the HIGH CALLING. We will judge the 'mount of esau' as Joseph judged his brothers and we will be saviors to ALL HUMANITY(Lordwilling).

Oba 1:21 And saviours shall come up in Mount Zion, to judge the mountain of Esau,-So shall the kingdom, belong unto Yahweh.

VERY COOL STUFF, INDEED! Its so perfect a plan ONLY our Father thru Christ could think of something so GREAT!

Peace...Steve

orion77

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 12:55:59 AM »

The few are given to Jesus, by the Father in each generation.  The majority will be saved at the Great White Throne Judgment.  The few are judged while in this life, but all are judged.  If all were being saved in each generation, they never would of crucified our Lord.  Also, they never would persecute us, but like the ensample of Joseph and his brothers, God meant evil for bringing about much good and saving many lives.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.