bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for my brother and.......  (Read 6709 times)

Chuck

Please pray for my brother and.......
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »

My brother and his wife have 3 kids and she was expecting their 4th.  He sent me a txt message a few minutes ago stating that the baby's heart had stopped beating and that they are one their way to the hospital.  This will be their 2nd miscarriage in about 14 months. 

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

Matt

Re: Please pray for my brother and.......
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 10:57:12 PM »

I have been in a very similar situation, they have my prayers.

Matt

KristaD

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:24 PM »

I'm so sorry for them. I pray they figure out what's causing the losses and that God gives them the strength to get through this.

Robin

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:08:31 AM »

I'm a little late reading this thread, but will add my prayers now.

Chuck

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »

Thanks.  Any words of wisdom to offer them? 

KristaD

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »

Well depending on how far along she is when the losses occur it could be a thyroid issue causing her miscarriages (if they are early.) May be a good idea to get that checked then. Also they can choose to stay home, some prefer to go and get it over with, but God made us capable of miscarrying the children He's not made ready for this world and they can stay home to "have" the baby, it makes some people feel better that way to do it in privacy and with loved ones.
That all said, I know many women who've had miscarriages and went on to have more healthy babies, God may have many blessings in store for them yet ;).

Chuck

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »

First time she was about 2 months along.  This time closer to 5 1/2.  I think they will be required to have a funeral.   :(

My brother is angry, says it is not fair and is asking why.  Any scripture references which might help?

UncleBeau

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »

My brother and his wife have 3 kids and she was expecting their 4th.  He sent me a txt message a few minutes ago stating that the baby's heart had stopped beating and that they are one their way to the hospital.  This will be their 2nd miscarriage in about 14 months. 

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

That's a horrible thing to have happened... There isn't much to say other than that we'll pray about this. I wanted to bring up that even though this is a devestating loss, I was told (because I have a friend that just lost a baby) that you shouldn't try to have a baby at least a year after a miscarriage, in that it would be more likely to have another one. Is this true?, because I haven't researched the matter, so I'm not sure. Either way, our prayers are included.

-Beau

KristaD

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »

No, it's not true at all. Many many women conceive very quickly after a miscarriage, as their progesterone is high from the pregnancy making another one more likely. Most of those pregnancies make it to full term healthy babies ;).
Oh my, being that far I would not think thyroid then, as that usually causes early losses. A lot of times there is no answer as to why the baby wasn't meant to live on the outside. I just like to think that God made them so special that He didn't want them to see this place, but He wanted them as children in the end.
I'm so sorry. I am 5 1/2 months along right now and I can't imagine their pain :'(.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

That is very painful and sad news. Please extend my sympathies.

Peace and comfort to you all

Arcturus :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

Praying for the new born and your brother chuck! God bless you and yours.

Roy Monis

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »

First time she was about 2 months along.  This time closer to 5 1/2.  I think they will be required to have a funeral.   :(

My brother is angry, says it is not fair and is asking why.  Any scripture references which might help?

Brother what can I say, my heart bleeds for them, it cannot be expressed in words.

Yes, I can understand how your brother, his wife and you, to come to that, must feel. I too went through such a traumatic experience. I too felt extremely angry with God and asked why? But who was I, the pot, to ask the Potter, why? God works in mysterious ways beyond all human comprehension and who is to say that this is not the prelude to His calling to the pair of them? And who is to say that they are not a part of God's predestined Plan for His chosen? Who can say anything other than God Almighty Himself? He has promised:    "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies;" (Rom. 8:28-33).

When the pain has eased and rationality returns, join your brother and sister-in-law and all three of you get down on your knees and with broken and contrite hearts appeal to Him there is no human cure that can surpass that.

God bless all three of you.    :(

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »

:'( I'm so sorry for your loss, Chuck....God be with you and your brother and his wife and family...

sometimes the best thing we can do is just to "sit beside" the ones who grieve and be there, without trying to "say" anything at all...

pick up groceries for them, if you are able to do that,
babysit the kids so that they can have lunch or dinner alone one day...
bring over a precooked meal or clean out the car for them....
whatever they need that they obviously don't feel like doing right now...

sometimes...its the smallest act of kindness that gives someone the most comfort in such times....

a nurse in the hospital where my son was, brought me a bottle of lavender shower gel and some chocolates....she said that lavender essence was comforting and sure enough she was right....a long leisurely bath and chocolates afterwards really put me at ease a bit and made my day a little more bearable....this all in the midst of great tragedy too....I will never forget her kindness and generosity...it meant the world to me that day! She didn't "preach" to me or try to share her wisdom....she was just a friend to me in a time of trouble.

And I will pray too!
With love,
Joyce :)

Chuck

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 02:09:08 PM »

thanks to all for the comments, prayers and concern.  my sister in law is currently in the delivery room.  hopefully this will be over soon.  they live about 6 hours away so it is difficult keeping up to date at such a distance.  God is still in control and I know He loves us (all). 

thanks again,

chuck

Robin

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »

I'm very sorry. That must have been devastating for them yesterday.

Many prayers for all of you.

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »

thanks to all for the comments, prayers and concern.  my sister in law is currently in the delivery room.  hopefully this will be over soon.  they live about 6 hours away so it is difficult keeping up to date at such a distance.  God is still in control and I know He loves us (all). 

thanks again,

chuck

Hi! Chuck

That's the spirit mate, God is most certainly in control. The prayers of all I'm sure are with the three of you, I gather the bond between you is very, very close and so it should be; praise God.

At a time like this we can only leave it in the hands of our Creator and His good pleasure, no matter how distressing it may be at the present moment in time but sadness will turn to joy, the Lord has said so: "For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?" (Rom.8:29-31). And He is faithful.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.      "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.