bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So called experts  (Read 7452 times)

winner08

So called experts
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

Hello everybody: Last night I was watching the history channel. They did a story on the devil and hell, his domain. I'll try to make this short and to the point. Billy Gramm's daughter was on the programme, she along with the other pastors and so called expert's all believe in the same thing ,well one believed that when you died and resurrected and not found in the book of life, you are then thrown into the lake of fire where you are destroyed and never live again. This was hell according to him. All the others believed the same,if you were not found in the book of life you were thrown into the lake of fire and burn forever and ever. Oh ya ,these people also believe that God will know ever single persons name because they are written in a book. Two months ago I would have believe this too. Now after reading Ray's teaching's and knowing the truth, this seems so far out there ,I can't imagine these people who study and teach this crap for all there adult lives can buy into this. Yes I was deceived. Yet I'm uneducated in these matters. Myself and simple minded people (no disrespect) can easily be duped by so call experts. It's not hard to do. But for the so called experts to be deceived or dupe is unbelievable. When I read these scriptures now on hell and burning forever it reads like a fairytale or mythology, anything but the truth. I thank God for sending me Ray and his teachings. I hear alot of people who don't believe in God or believe in Him but don't respect Him because they think God is going to burn most people. They say if He's a loving and merciful God how can He burn people in hell forever and ever. They would be so many more people who who love and believe in God if they would know the truth. It would be so nice if people would love God out of love and not love God out of fear of burning. Sorry I tried to keep it short.

Thanks Darren

Deborah-Leigh

Re: So called experts
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »

It is understanding these things Darren that begins to separate us from those who have not yet been shown the Wisdom of God.  Knowledge built on false understanding does not come out of Gods Wisdom but out of mans assumptions and limitations.

Only God can give us His Wisdom that produces understanding and then the fruit of true knowledge that manifests in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God.

Proverbs 14 : 8 The Wisdom, Godly Wisdom, which is comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God of the prudent is to understand his way, but the folly of self confident fools is to deceive.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:09:17 PM by Arcturus »

winner08

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

Arcturus,  this is not a question as much as an observation. Since people like the Grams and others who have ten's of thousands of members, why wouldn't God give them the wisdom and the knowledge of the truth. Then they could spread the truth to their congregation. Do you think these people know the truth but decide to teach man's doctrine. Maby because of the money involved?? Just wondering.

Thanks Darren

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »

The reason is simple Darren, because many are called and few are chosen!

David

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »

The reason is simple Darren, because many are called and few are chosen!

Amen !!!!!!!!

Matt

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »

Do you think these people know the truth but decide to teach man's doctrine.
Darren, I often wonder this myself.  It seems impossible that ALL of these preachers are totally blind and never had a glimpse of the truth.

Matt

winner08

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »

Yes I understand that many are called and few are chosen. Yes I understand that you have to be called by God in order to understand the truth. Do y'all believe that these people know the truth and teach man's doctrine anyway? If so I guess they don't fear their punishment for leading their flock astray.

Thanks Darren

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 01:41:49 AM »

I don't understand.  What would they gain by teaching false doctrine if they actually know the truth?

Matt

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 02:26:09 AM »

They gain $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,
power, possesions, fame, self esteem, ...!
 ;D

kweli

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:36 AM »

Hello everyone
I understand all that. But if these people knew the truth then they would also know that the Lake of Fire is not a walk in the park. All the power, possession will not buy them a way out of there. I mean can people be that carnal/self-gratified/important that they care less about being under the wrath of God? Which is worse than anything we've seen so far (The Flood, Sodom and Gomorra, etc)? There has to be something with more substance for going against the truth than just a yatch & a private jet...

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »

Hello everyone
I understand all that. But if these people knew the truth then they would also know that the Lake of Fire is not a walk in the park. All the power, possession will not buy them a way out of there. I mean can people be that carnal/self-gratified/important that they care less about being under the wrath of God? Which is worse than anything we've seen so far (The Flood, Sodom and Gomorra, etc)? There has to be something with more substance for going against the truth than just a yatch & a private jet...

Hi! Kweli.

Yes there is something else. They don't know the TRUTH. They are not the chosen, they are the prophesied, false teachers, prophets, liars, lovers of money and not of God. They are part and parcel of this lot of hypocrites:
"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron." (1Tim.4:1,2).

And this lot of hypocrites:

"But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith. But they will not make further progress; for their folly will be obvious to all, just as Jannes’s and Jambres’s folly was also." (2Tim.3:1-9).

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Kat

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »

Well I think they are blind and deceived.  They have put together these man-made doctrines, because that is all the carnal mind can come up with in an attempt to explain God's Word.  But with a lot of them Christianity is just a business, a way to make money and the Bible is just a tool to use.   They imagine their wealth is blessings from God.  They tell themselves all kinds of lies to justify what they are doing. 

2Tim 3:12  Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
v. 13  But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Jesus warned about this.

Mat 7:15  "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

So did Paul.

Act 20:29  For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »

Thank you for your question Darren.

I too have struggled in this question in search for an answer that is imbued with wisdom. The way out of the struggle, do they know or do they not know, is this. God knows!

We need to return to the focus provided through the teachings of the Myth of Free Will which is a  not so obvious way through this struggle to come to decide if followers and teachers of deception do so knowingly. For me, whether they know or not is not the issue. 

God knows that He has given the Church, to date 2000 years, and who knows how much longer,  in which to yield the fruit of the Spirit of Christ. What has happened? The Church kingdom has fragmented into over 3000 different denominations all professing to be the correct one and each one with a deeper deception and bondage formulating false teachings than the next.  :D God knew this would happen and He also knew how long He would allocate for this to happen. There is a Day of The Lord!

We know that 2000 years ago, Jesus did say that as they had done to John the Baptist, so they would do to Him. How did John die? They cut off his head. This fits neatly into what Ray teaches about the occupancy of Satan in Christiandom. Who is the head of Christianity? ...... We know the answer to this through the study of the LOF right? Satan has his throne in Christianity and Satan is the head of the false teachings and death that has reigned throughout the Church history. Satan not Christ is the head of the Christian Church. For me, the body of the Christian Church resembles the lacerated and abused beaten bruised and whipped and crucified body of Jesus.

The myth of free will and the Plan of God shows us that God knew this would happen to the Church and that wolves would come in and apostatise the truth! God was not surprised. Just like God knew that Eve would eat of the tree of good and evil. God knew He would send His Son and we know that in the time of God, the 2000 year apostasy of the Church will be corrected and Satan will be entering into the LOF.

Whether they know or do not know and if they lead or follow, it is all part of the dark age of deception and apostasy that God knew would happen and which He will correct when He returns.

Peace to you brother

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:56:58 PM by Arcturus »

David

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »

Yes I understand that many are called and few are chosen. Yes I understand that you have to be called by God in order to understand the truth. Do y'all believe that these people know the truth and teach man's doctrine anyway? If so I guess they don't fear their punishment for leading their flock astray.

Thanks Darren
Hi Darren,
No I don't believe any of the people you are talking about know the truth of Gods word. The answer is in your last sentence here. If they knew the truth, then they would indeed fear the punishment due to them for leading their flock astray. Jesus told many parables about whats in store for those that lead His flock astray deliberately, one of my favourites is in Luke 12:42-48.

Roy Monis

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 08:01:55 AM »

I don't understand.  What would they gain by teaching false doctrine if they actually know the truth?

Hi! EKnight

Two Roy's on this site, this is Roy UK.

You ask? "What would they gain by teaching false doctrine if they actually know the truth?" Oh brother! What can I say? Just switch your TV on to one of the dozens of Christian channels and listen to the garbage then at the end notice what they want from you in return. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, plenty of MONEY, matters not whether you have a lot or very little you must not ROB GOD. Does that answer your question brother? Whether they know the truth or not is immaterial, they want the goodies of this life, in short, they are no better than atheists they just don't believe the Word of God. They don't believe in the One True Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ; they prefer to believe in a gospel of their own invention, the gospel of prosperity.This gospel fits into their worldly desires much better.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

Matt

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »

I have been thinking, if they REALLY knew the truth, even one little glipmse, would they be so bold as to ignore it for money??? 

The truth would convict them, wouldn't it, the real truth that is.

Matt

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:56:09 PM »

The truth would convict them, wouldn't it

No, not in my experience.  When I try and tell others of the truth I either get blank stares, anger or the I feel sorry for you line.

Until God opens their eyes they will not be convicted.  All we can do is plant a seed here or there and live a Godly life ourselves and be ready for the time God starts convicting a person and maybe sends them our way.

Also, I believe the majority of the pastors and teachers out there are good people who are trying to do right but they have not come to the realization that they are just spinning their wheels.  For these ones, they are either too scared to reconsider all they have learned (hell doctrine) or unable to admit they are wrong.  The beast works hard in all of us, and we are no better than any of them.  I was them not that long ago. 

All we can do is pray our thanks to what God has done for us and pray that He will work the same understanding in them, realizing that it may not be their time yet.  It is all in God's hands.

Craig
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:01:56 PM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.