bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 7147 times)

EKnight

Trinity
« on: May 14, 2008, 01:54:07 AM »

I, as a Catholic, never understood the trinity teachings and when it was questioned the answer was "it's a mystery".  Anyway, does it really matter?  I mean, why is this teaching so important to Christians?  Don't most Christians say that once they believe in Jesus Christ, you are saved and therefore go directly to heaven when you die?  If that's the case, what's with the Trinity doctrine?  Actually, what IS the Trinity doctrine?  Knowing this may help me better understand Ray's view of the trinity. :)

Eileen

winner08

Re: Trinity
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 03:46:25 AM »

Ray has an excellet paper on the Trinity. Just go to where all of Ray's teaching's are and you'll find alot of your ansewers there. Go to Ray's writing first and read them carefully. Most of the questions you're asking are all there for you.

Thanks Darren

Robin

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:46:20 AM »

This is an easy example of the trinity teaching.

Here is the link to Ray's teaching.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

The church uses the trinity teaching as a real scare tactic. They will all tell you that you are going to hell if you don't believe in the trinity. Ray proves with scripture that the teaching is false.

The Father is greater than the son. The holy spirit is the father's spirit. Jesus came out from the Father and they share the same spirit.

Please correct me if that sounds wrong.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:55:36 AM by M.G. »

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:23:51 AM »

Actually the Trinity doctrine is so important to Christian's because if you don't believe the trinity doctrine then you're a heretic, and if you're a heretic you won't go to the geographical location known as Heaven!

Also, the trinity doctrine supports their heretical doctrine of eternal torment, because if God is triune and we are (past tense) created in His image, then we too are triune (body, soul and spirit) then that gives us and immortal soul (used interchangeably with spirit) that must go somewhere when we die.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:09:59 AM »

Hi Eileen,

My understanding as what the church believes the Trinity to be is 3 different persons.  All three are eternal, each one is almighty, none greater or less than another, each God, and yet together being one God.

Here is early 20 century art of how the church pictures this to be, it says it all.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »

Jesus said:

"I will NOT leave you bereaved [comfortless], I am coming to you [in the form of the comforter and spirit of truth]" (Jn 14:18).

Now notice how clear Jesus makes this. Who or What is this spirit, holy spirit, holy ghost, spirit of truth, comforter? Is it really the third person of a triune God? Let Jesus Himself answer:

"IN THAT DAY [the day when the comforter comes] you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I IN YOU" (Jn 14:20).

"Now the consoler [comforter], THE HOLY SPIRIT, which the Father will be sending IN MY NAME, that will be teaching you all, and reminding you of all that I said to you" (Jn 14:26).

"I am going, and I AM COMING TO YOU" (Jn. 14:27).

JESUS CHRIST BY MEANS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD WHICH HIS FATHER GAVE TO HIM IS THE COMFORTER. THE GREEK PROVES THAT CHRIST IS THE COMFORTER!

In the Greek, the "comforter" or consoler is translated from parakleetos. Now, is there any Scriptural proof that Jesus Christ is called "parakleetos?" Yes there is. In I John 2:1 we read:

"And if anyone should be sinning, we have an Entreater with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Just."

In the King James it says we have an "advocate" [with a small "a"]. King James ALWAYS capitalizes the Greek word "parakleetos," so why don’t they capitalize it here? You see, "advocate" or a better translation "Entreater" is translated from the GREEK WORD "parakleetos!"

HERE IS PROOF POSITIVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE "PARAKLEETOS!"
http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 06:51:02 PM »

Hi Eileen,

My understanding as what the church believes the Trinity to be is 3 different persons.  All three are eternal, each one is almighty, none greater or less than another, each God, and yet together being one God.

Here is early 20 century art of how the church pictures this to be, it says it all.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat, you hit the nail on the head! I think that is almost 100% accurate on what the trinity is all about.

Ray is strongly against this and so are the scriptures. Praise God for His mercy and grace.

In Christ,

Alex

David

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:25:12 PM »

I remember reading about the trnity for the first time in a study Bible. I got realy confused because not only was the word "trinity" not to be found anywhere in the Bible, just about everything Jesus Christ said totally contradicted it.
I'm suprised the Catholic Church hasn't decreed that the trinity is now a quartet, with Mary being added to the equasion as well.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 02:59:45 AM »

Huh! :D  As far as I know they HAVE put Mary into equality with Christ using the miracle of turning the water into wine as their evidence that the Mother is equal to the Son of GOD so we can go to her instead if we find we cannot manipulate the son to turn our waters in wine too!  That is where all the Majagoria apparitions have been getting their nurturing into deception while Satan appears in the disguise of Mary turning whole towns into new tourist attractions. What a twist of deception that is.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »

Hi! Eileen

What is the Trinity doctrine? God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit; three equal and totally separate individuals making up the Godhead. Ray quotes the Word of God and asks; who is Jesus' father? The God the Holy Ghost or God the Father? The Scriptures say;  "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit......But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. (Matt.1:18,20).

The choice is yours. Who are you going to believe?

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.

winner08

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »

The Catholic teaching is way out there for me . I was raised a Catholic but I never practiced it. I have a question. God said that we should not worship other gods. Is praying to a statue of Jesus, Mary, or any of the saints considered worshiping other gods? What about praying to saint jude for the sick children? Y'all get my point. How is it that the pope can be alright with this, if it's against God's commandments? Oh yea what about confessing to a priest? Just food for thought.

Darren

Roy Monis

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »

The Catholic teaching is way out there for me . I was raised a Catholic but I never practiced it. I have a question. God said that we should not worship other gods. Is praying to a statue of Jesus, Mary, or any of the saints considered worshiping other gods? What about praying to saint jude for the sick children? Y'all get my point. How is it that the pope can be alright with this, if it's against God's commandments? Oh yea what about confessing to a priest? Just food for thought.

Darren

Hi! Darren

Roy UK here. Here are the answers to your many questions:

1......God said we should not worship other gods.   
        Answer...True

2......Is praying to a statue of Jesus, Mary or any of the saints considered to be worshiping other gods?
         Answer ....Yes, it's downright idolatry.

3......What about praying to saint Jude for sick children?     
        Answer....Yes, downright idolatry.

4......How can the pope be alright with this, if it's against God's commandments?       
        Answer.....Because he thinks he is god and he either keep or break them at will.

5.......Oh yea what about confessing to priests?         
         Answer......Give us a break! How do you think he is going to find out who his most likely prey is going to 
          be to satisfy his worldly lusts if they don't tell him in advance?

Hope this helps.

God bless.

Love in Christ.

Roy.

winner08

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »

Thanks Roy from the UK. I believe the same. Just the idea of a man (the pope) has all this power and yet uses it to deceive millions. Oh ya confess to a priest. When I was in Catholic school we had to confess ever Friday. Man I remembered hating that. To tell a child to think of, then right down all his sins for the week and tell it to a man in a box. What a physic job. Man the millions who pray to a statue of Jesus or Mary, I guess these would be the people who are not guided by the Holy Spirit. I just thought of this as I was typing this. If I can recognized this deceit could I be one of the chosen? Just a thought. Are the blinders coming off?

Thanks Darren

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 03:35:32 PM »

Thanks Roy from the UK. I believe the same. Just the idea of a man (the pope) has all this power and yet uses it to deceive millions. Oh ya confess to a priest. When I was in Catholic school we had to confess ever Friday. Man I remembered hating that. To tell a child to think of, then right down all his sins for the week and tell it to a man in a box. What a physic job. Man the millions who pray to a statue of Jesus or Mary, I guess these would be the people who are not guided by the Holy Spirit. I just thought of this as I was typing this. If I can recognized this deceit could I be one of the chosen? Just a thought. Are the blinders coming off?

Thanks Darren

Hi! Darren

Fear not brother the blinkers are definitely coming off or you wouldn't be on this forum. Only one bit of advice, make sure all memory and leaning toward anything to do with them is left on their door step and not carried home with you, if you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. You don't want any of their "idols of the heart" in your spiritual larder. Forget about them and what they do or say, concentrate on your own learning here. A lot of what they do and say seems to be troubling you, just forget them and get involved here on some more edifying and beneficial exchanges of views.

God bless you and may you progress in the Lord under Ray's inspired teachings. Download and read " The Twelve God-Given Truths To Understanding His Word." When you understand that you'll have little trouble understanding and the rest of his teachings.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.   

winner08

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:53:04 PM »

Yes Roy: I agree. It's time for me to stop worrying about all these other things and concentrate on Ray's teaching and God's truth. I can feel the change coming over me and the blessing's God has and is giving me.

Thanks, Darren

winner08

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 03:15:43 AM »

Speaking of the Trinity, A friend and I was discussing God and somehow she started talking about God  and Jesus and the Holy Spirit. She said God is lead by the Holy Spirit. I disagreed. I said The Holy Spirit is not a supream being like God is. I said God is the leader that no body or being leads God. I told her if she believes that the Holy Spirit is a supream being and is one with God then she believes in the trinity. (was I correct about this)? I told her that the Holy Spirit is the power of God. That the Holy Spirit is what God sends to us so we can understand thing of God. I said have you ever heard Jesus say the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are one. NO. Did Jesus ever say I alone can do nothing. It is through the Father and the Holy Spirit that I do these things. NO Jesus never said that. Or that no man can come to the Father and the Holy Spirit except through the Son? NO He did not. Jesus never taught this so it was not so. There's Jesus Christ and His Father are one. Not Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit. Anyways we had a very long discussion. Then she started on the image of God. Well I'll leave that for another topic.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.