bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you the elect?  (Read 20906 times)

winner08

Re: Are you the elect?
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 12:10:40 AM »

Roy I do not want to sound dumb but I do not understand #17. sounds like scripture what does it mean??

Darren

ps Please take no offence on that teacher remark.

Roy Monis

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »

Roy I do not want to sound dumb but I do not understand #17. sounds like scripture what does it mean??

Darren

ps Please take no offence on that teacher remark.

Dear Darren

Vs.17 "O God,Thou wilt not despise." . In my thinking I'd say it means " I pray You'll accept my sacrifice of a contrite and broken heart and not look down on it with disdain." In short, I pray You'll accept my entreaty.

I hope that helps.

God bless you my brother and help you in your walk in Christ.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK      "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »

No but I'm pressing towards the mark of the prize of the high calling in christ Jesus........... :)
I have so much to die to in this life!
Hope I quoted it correctly!
Also.........
I have to agree with Craig and Patrick on this one, I'd be more concerned about my fellowship with those who already believe they are of the elect!! Been there done that!!! and I don't want to go back!!!!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

winner08

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 03:53:54 PM »

Yes, thanks Roy. I get it.

Darren

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »

God only knows.

Many are called but few are chosen, chosen for what? I guess the privalige to be in the first ressurection at the millenial reign of Christ, to be the Christ's of Christ. That will be awesome, but it matters not what I think I am, labels are for people who need to see fruit rather than feel the effect of one's fruit. As Paul said it's better we call ourselves chief amongst sinners and least amongst the kingdom of God. I may have a greater light now than the one I previously had, but I can't say for certain, I've only got the measure of faith God has given me to go on.

I'll only know when I'm face to face with Jesus, other than that I'll be a long time dead.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

LittleBear

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 12:58:47 PM »

Hi Everyone!

Hi Joyce, how are you these days? Nice to see you here. Gosh, the list of stuff one has to do is daunting all right in order to get to be the elect. Or is it? I think we can relax. Our God has it ALL under control. I like the way you put it "He just covers all of the bases all of the time." Ahhhh....ok...it's time not to put so much stress on ourselves, and just put one foot in front of the other and keep walking. With Him.

Hi Krista! You are cute and funny. Hi Darren. I have to be honest here, although it may not be the right answer, but I personally don't care if I'm elect or not. In fact, I have to admit, I took myself out of that striving to be the elect...too much pressure. Too many self-imposed requirements, and I'm SO not perfect. I just want to be with God and learn more about Him, whatever direction that may take me.

Joe has already given these scriptures:

Luk 12:31  But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luk 12:32  Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

That's where I am...fearing not (about being elect or not). Ah, the peace in that. Now I can just focus on walking with the Father.

Ursula

joyful1

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »

Hi Ursula! Long time no talkie!  :D
Yes...He does have it all covered....
but I wonder if we actually frustrate God? ;D

Check list for God:
1-- prepare a lamb for sacrafice
2-- create the world
3-- invent people
4-- put tree in garden where they won't miss it
5-- tell them not to touch it
6-- let nature take its course
7-- in the fullness of time, send Your Son to live among us and then be sacaficed for us
8-- raise Him from the dead
9-- send Him into the believer's hearts
10-- send Holy Spirit of God
11--give them your armor
12-- show them how to be an overcomer
13-- require that they learn to become an overcomer....
14-- sit down and explain how to be an overcomer 47 times in a row
15-- remind them that You loved them enough to send your Son to them
16-- reherse becoming an overcomer
17-- remind them that your Son OVERCAME the WORLD in the first place and that as long as they are IN HIM and HE is IN THEM ...things will definitely work out.
18-- Walk with them through the Lake of Fire
19-- settle disputes amongest your children concerning who rules over what...
(* this is the Reader's Digest Shortened Version, of course...but you get the picture right?) :)
Joyce :)

LittleBear

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »

LOL Joyce! I'm exhausted just reading that! Whew! Haha...I laughed at the last one..."settle disputes amongst your children".

Man, we are going to feel very silly one day.

Ursula :-*

ciy

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »

1 And so, dear brothers and sisters,[a] I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Romans 12:1-2 New Living Translation

This is how we become the "called, chosen, and faithful".  It is what happens within.  It is believing.  Not the doing.  Jesus says in Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, only believe."  It is the inside of you that has to change into a new person.  If we change it through "our will power" then we get puffed up because we changed the outside of the cup.  It is the inside of the cup that changes and that can only come from believing and having faith in the Word.  Truly walking in the truth.  So that you can be one of the first fruits that Jesus was the First Fruit of many.  Must get your mind and heart off of the physical and focus on the spiritual and realize it is all a parable to bring you to the knowledge of the truth.  Forget the physical, it will keep you looking at Jesus as he walks instead of realizing it is Him in you that is the hope of Glory.

Jesus said in John that "if you cannot say that I am He then you will die in your sins."  If you do not realize that "ye are gods" and forget the physical then you cannot be one of His in this age.

Pretty awesome stuff.  It takes gumption to be "Strong and courageous".  To meditate on His Word day and night.   To were that coat of many colors.

God is all in all
CIY
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:12:35 AM by ciy »

joyful1

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2008, 01:35:15 AM »

Ursula! LOL! yes we probably will! ;D
Ciy....yes, awesome stuff....
I think you have something there!
JOyce :)

LittleBear

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »

CIY, you put into words what I feel also. It is what happens within, it's believing and being, and NOT doing. We surrender our minds, and our circumstances to what IS, and God transforms our minds to be conformed to the mind of Christ. We need to surrender to whatever is happening in our lives whether we think it is good or "bad". Accept it within, and realize that all things work together for good to those who love God. I've noticed in my life that the rough and painful times are the times when I grow the most in my heart and mind.

musicman

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2008, 11:51:01 AM »

Am I of the elect?  Man, I wasn't even elected to run the projector in the forth grade.  I hear that God's standards are much higher.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:12:44 PM by musicman »

ciy

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »

You must believe.  If you cannot wear the "coat of many colors" then you cannot be the elect.  Just always remember that God is not through with you yet.  Also God looks at things differently from us.

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:

It really "ain't over til it is over"  Don't be afraid only believe.

CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2008, 11:45:09 AM »

What does the coat of many colours symbolize?

mharrell08

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »

LittleBear

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »

Thanks M...I guess there are a few opinions on what the coat symbolizes. That is: identification with the Father, charity, culmination of a mature spirit, the outward manifestation of our faith.

What about you CIY, what does the coat of many colours symbolize for you?

ciy

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »

It is the elect.

It is that strange, peculiar people that are set apart from the world.  It also stands out to others that do not have a coat of many colors and makes it obvious that one is different from them.  They will hate you just like Joseph's brothers hated Joseph for his audacity to think that God loved him more than them. 

It is that spiritual difference between the chosen and the called.  I believe that Joshua was wearing a spiritual coat of many colors when he stood against all of the others and when God chose him to lead the people, but told him that he would have to be strong and courageous and love the Word in order to stay faithful and lead many people into the promise land.

That is what I believe about it.
CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »

Thanks CIY. I was thinking the elect= the firstfruits. Jesus was first, we are to copy Him; He is our pattern. Strawberry season is coming soon around here, and you always get those first juicy sweet strawberries that just have to ripen before all the others. There is great glory and joy in being the first! But man, when they eventually get going, all the other strawberries are just as tasty as the first ones.

Ursula

Roy Monis

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »

Hi! All you beautiful People.

"The Coat of Many Colours" is just one of the very pertinent questions asked by Ray and he sort of leaves us in mid air to do the work of finding the answer by searching the many Scriptures having a bearing on the subject. This I believe is a very important part of his teaching method. Now please don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Ray is anywhere on the same level with Jesus, when I say that his teaching method is very much on the same principle as that used by Jesus.

Understand ye not? No we don't understand. Then search the many Scriptures relating to it with the help of the Holy Spirit within you and you will understand! Got it?

In the case of the "Coat Of Many Colours" I believe Joe hit the nail right on the head, the coat of many colours is the sacrificial lamb -JESUS CHRIST. The difference between the Chosen and the just called as CTY suggests.

But there is another pertinent question posed by Ray in his "Lake Of Fire Series Part V111" and it is this. "ARE YOU "CALLED AND CHOSEN" OR JUST "CALLED". In this he leaves each individual to be their own judge, using the same method of examining the many Scriptures for the answer.

He makes no secret of the fact that to meet the criteria of this challenge is a daunting task.

The Scripture I place first on my list is: "Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matt.5:48.).  Without this requirement the answer is, "No Chance" of making it.

Now what does being perfect involve? “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matt.5:43,44).
Considering our dear sister Arcturus' present situation this is what she and her family are presently being confronted with. They need our prayers urgently. It is a most difficult thing to do, as it involves not just the words but the forgiveness must come from the depths of the heart in order to be accepted as perfect. 

For those of us not faced with this mammoth task there is: "…A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho; and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance a certain priest was going down that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And in like manner a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he was moved with compassion, and came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on them oil and wine; and he set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow he took out two shillings, and gave them to the host, and said, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, I, when I come back again, will repay thee. Which of these three, thinkest thou, proved neighbor unto him that fell among the robbers? And he said, He that showed mercy on him. And Jesus said unto him, Go, and do thou likewise. (Luke 10:30-37).

But it doesn't end here. knowing human nature we must of necessity introduce some stumbling blocks. From the human perspective the man who showed mercy is Perfect, but from God's perspective let us change the cast, colour, creed, race and social status of the victim, now consider does the man who showed mercy still maintain his perfect[/b ]status?

Now let us consider this Scripture as we take each incident that follows separately and consider whether we do it automatically without thinking out of compassion to be perfector do we have to think about it? “All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me." Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You? The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’  “Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matt.25:32-46).

We have a mountain of Scriptures to face, the breaking of any one of which disqualifies us: "Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." (1Cor.11:4)

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen. 21And this commandment have we from him, that he who loveth God love his brother also."  (1Jn.4:20,21).

The message I receive here is, that in order to be perfect I must LOVE my God and NEIGHBOUR or BROTHER with true Godly LOVE - AGAPE LOVE - not the smallest percentage less than that will suffice.

Because God is Love; The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." . (1Jn.4:8).

Hence I agree wholeheartedly with Ray. To be among the "Called and Chosen" is no casual walk in the park.

Final condition. The first one to meet these requirements must print the fact in big block letters right across their post so that the rest of us can follow Craig's example to collect our running shoes from the locker and RUN.

God bless you my brothers and sisters in our joint walk in Christ.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pini56

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2008, 03:57:55 AM »

Hello Winner08

Hope This Helps.

As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature.
 So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to brotherly love, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at least, very shortsighted. They have already forgotten that God has cleansed them from their old life of sin.
 So, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away. And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 1 Peter Chapter 1.

With Love Geoff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.