bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Florida revival  (Read 15942 times)

cosmo

The Florida revival
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:23:39 AM »

Hi Guys,
What's the general view point on the 'Florida Revival?

chav

Re: The Florida revival
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »

Hi
I have been reading quite a lot about it recently on other forums and it seems to be causing quite a stir. Only today it has been featured in my local paper, which has a weekly 'religious' section. One of our local pastors has been , so it has probably arrived on my door step.
I have looked on Bentley's site, and I have read an account of an experience he had where he met the apostle Paul and visited his home in heaven. This of course cannot be true as we know the Paul is still dead awaiting resurrection, and there are supposed manifestations of gold dust and encounters with angels. I personally don't trust it.

Col 2:18-19
Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,
Col 2:19  and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

What about revivals anyway ? where do they fit into the overall scheme of things ?
We had revival here in Wales 1904 ,and in the Hebrides in the fifties , were they genuine manifestations of God. or were they false signs deceiving many.

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »

Hi! Everybody

No! Not another one of those revival gimmicks? We're not going to be put through another religious obscenity of falling on one's back and howling like a dog, are we? Not another display of blasphemous cacoethes, have we not had enough of them?

When are these Babylonian freaks going to learn to read their Bibles and get rid of the African Voodoo practices? Lord help us from these clowns.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.     "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »

:DRoy don't you know you are supposed to et the pastor read the bible and then tell you what it says? It's not for us mere mortals to understand so why bother ::)?
Yes, those people are all deceived.

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »

:DRoy don't you know you are supposed to et the pastor read the bible and then tell you what it says? It's not for us mere mortals to understand so why bother ::)?
Yes, those people are all deceived.

Hi! KristaD

We are mere mortals but when we have Christ abiding within us then we know how to distinguish the good from the bad trees by the fruits they produce. Any pastor, be he the pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury, matters not, if he believes in such blasphemies as hell, trinity or free-will then his fruit is bad and not to be believed.

These revivalist will wax from bad to worse and the signs they perform will deceive the many, and they will continue to deceive as they have done on several occasions in the past and faded out just as quick as they entered.

I stick with the Word of God and nothing else. Oh yes the Bible does mention them and also gives a stern warning against following them. I obey the Word of God.

God bless and thank you for your response.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy Uk  "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

chav

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »

Hi

What about revivals anyway ? where do they fit into the overall scheme of things ?
We had revival here in Wales 1904 ,and in the Hebrides in the fifties , were they genuine manifestations of God. or were they false signs deceiving many.

I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts about my question. I'm not particularly wanting to focus on what's going on in Lakeland. However there does seem  to be revivals from time to time that appear to create a genuine God consciousness within a wider community. In wales apparently, pubs (bars) closed down and the local magistrate courts sat less often ,due to the dramatic decrease in crime.I don't believe in a great end time revival particularly and I know people can make an idol out of it, but I am curious to understand the phenomenom .
cheers
Dave

KristaD

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »

:D Roy, honey, I was KIDDING!! Why on earth would anyone here honestly say something like that and mean it? Sarcasm man, sarcasm. ;D Thanks for getting my name right this time ;).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:08:58 PM by KristaD »

Kat

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 08:06:28 PM »

Hi Dave,

A revival is merely a function of the church.  God and His Holy Spirit is not in the church, Satan is.

Here is an excerpt from the Lake of fire part 10, 'The Synagogue of Satan.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html --------------------

THE THRONE OF SATAN THE DEVIL ALSO LOCATED

Now then, as the false apostles, and lying Jews, and synagogue of Satan are all located in the Church, where do you suppose we would find Satan’s throne, and Satan’s dwelling place to be located? Yes, that’s right: In the Church. Here is the Scriptural proof found in the messages to the church at Smyrna and Pergamos:

"Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison…" (Rev. 2:10).

"I know your works and where you dwell, even where [the same place where] Satan’s seat [Greek: throne] is… were Satan [also] dwells" (Rev. 2:13).

Satan cannot imprison members of the Church unless Satan is in the Church. His throne is in the Church. His dwelling place is in the Church.. His synagogue is in the Church.

And think not that Satan merely makes an occasional visit to the Church. No, Satan is permanently in the Church until God removes him. The Greek word from which the translators give us "dwelleth" in the KJV is kataoideo, and it’s meaning is: "To house permanently" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary, page 136). Satan not only has his false apostles in the Church, and his congregation of unconverted lying Jews in the Church, and his synagogue in the Church, and his very throne in the Church, but Satan himself dwells permanently in the Church.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since Pentecost the church has been in apostasy, characterized by all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs, and wonders (2 Thes. 2:3, 6-10).  The church is serving a purpose in God plan.

2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Here are excerpts from the transcript 'How we got the Bible.'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html -------

Acts 2:20  The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the day of the Lord come, That great and notable day.

Did that happen on Pentecost?  Yes it did!  How so?  How did the sun not give it’s light?  How did the moon instead of reflecting light, turn to blood?  

Light is symbolic of God’s Truth.  Jesus Christ is the light.  The brightest physical symbol of light, brightness, this is our sun.  So light comes from the strongest source.  God - Jesus Christ is that light.  

John the Baptist said, “that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light,” (John 3:19).  But He was that light.  The Son gives light, that’s direct revelation from God.

Now the moon is the reflected light.  That should come through the church and through the ministry.  They get it from the Son.  The moon (church) reflects it’s light from the Son (Christ), it doesn’t have it’s own light (Truth).  If the sun went out, the moon would go out, because the moon has no light, it’s reflected light.  
So as the ministry gets light, they give it to the congregation, they feed the sheep.  

But what did He say would happen, starting on Pentecost?  The sun/Son isn’t going to give it’s light anymore.  God is not going to give direct light to the people anymore.  The light that should be coming, that was already given to the moon, to be reflected, now it’s not going to give it’s light.  It’s going to be turned to blood.  What is this talking about?

Their revelation from God was going to cease.  Apostasy is going to set in.  The church is going to go amuck and instead of teaching the light from God and passing it on, they are going to turn to blood.  How so?

Well on that very day they stoned Stephen (Acts 7).  Instead of giving light to the world as a secondary light, they turned to blood.  They turned murderers.  
Tomorrow we are going to go through and see how many men, who wanted to present God’s Word to everyday people like us, they had to pay with their lives.  Well who would do such a dastardly thing?  The moon!  The secondary light of God’s Truth - the church - the Popes - the Bishops.  If you even had…. you didn’t have to teach it or even read it, if you were found with a copy of Tyndale’s Bible, you were put to death.  I mean it was pretty bad.
v
v
So the Apostles began to realize that they were not going to see Christ set up His kingdom.  They knew it was going to be down the road sometimes.  

Now they were also given inspiration and prophesies and revelations that there was going to be an apostasy.  That there was going to be a falling away from the Truth and it was happening then.  
v
v
Because there was apostasy coming in the church.  There is crime and corruption entering in; false prophets, antichrists, strong delusions.  It says men shall be lovers of themselves, disobedient, proud, vain, booster, lovers of pleasure (II Tim. 3) and all of these things are coming into the church.  So they need to be sure that everybody knows what is the Truth.  Now they are going to set aside the books for the final canonization, as what are the Scriptures.
-----------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

roundbellygroove

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 05:32:51 AM »

OK I'm a little confused> ???

I was just wonder is it possible that God can still be somewhere in all those revivals? I mean in all reality God is always working his will at all times with everyone whether they know it or not. Right? Now before everyone starts calling heresy, here me out!

I going to state something that is obvious to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.(I encourage it ;)]

It is apparent to me that God works with humanity within two mind sets... The first mindset is the good ole' myth of "free will" and the other is of the awareness that nothing is happening without God's say. God is working his will at all times. I understand that it is God who has willed for the majority of humanity to be under the delusion of "free will" and has chosen a few to know otherwise.  My point is... who's to say that God isn't working somehow in those revivals?

The only reason I'm asking is because I have three friends that just came back from that revival in Florida this past weekend Revived! Now understand I don't keep friends that are nut cases, wack jobs or religious weirdos. I am very cautious with whom I keep company with. I have always been that way. Now having said that; my three friends are not of the persuasion that we share here at the BT forums. However, for people whom operates under the "free will" mindset they are really solid people by nature and have a huge passion for loving Jesus, The Father and his Word. It is evident in everything that they do. So when they tell me that God has worked something in them or confirmed a specific direction in their lives...I believe them! Mostly because whenever they say "God has placed something in their Heart" it comes to past. My question is this. Is it possible for someone who believes in that they are responsible for their own decisions and actions to "hear" from God? IE. in a church, or at a revivals etc...

Hum :-\Or maybe its because they went to the revival with great expectation to hear from God and not necessarily the revival itself?

Personally. I don't find the need to go to the Florida, Toronto, or wherever to hear from God. Through Ray's  teachings I have discovered that God speaks to me through my life and all of my experiences. I am greatful that God has set me free from all the bondages that comes with the delusion of "free will". However I'm still curious about the subject.

Oh! by the way... One of my friends that attended the revival told me that there was someone out there with a bullhorn saying that the revival was of the devil and all kind of other things. That wasn't anyone here from the forum was it? LOL :D

roundbelly

winner08

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 06:34:06 AM »

roundbellygrove my name is Darren and I posted a post in the testimonial section. Anyways I had a great experience at a revival 20yrs ago. But after sharing my news in the forum I'm confused. I came out of that revival so happy and content. To this day I have never felt that way. So If it's Satans work why would I feel so good. I thought the works of Satan is evil Or was that part of the deception.

Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »

Pro 16:25  There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

2Co 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2Co 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Peace,

Joe

Roy Monis

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »

Hi
I have been reading quite a lot about it recently on other forums and it seems to be causing quite a stir. Only today it has been featured in my local paper, which has a weekly 'religious' section. One of our local pastors has been , so it has probably arrived on my door step.
I have looked on Bentley's site, and I have read an account of an experience he had where he met the apostle Paul and visited his home in heaven. This of course cannot be true as we know the Paul is still dead awaiting resurrection, and there are supposed manifestations of gold dust and encounters with angels. I personally don't trust it.

Col 2:18-19
Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,
Col 2:19  and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

Hi! Dave and Karen

Yes we have had our fair share of these revival capers, the last one was a real treat for sore eyes. Idiots falling on their backs and howling like dogs, they seem to have no limits on how low they want to drag the Holy Spirit of God. God have mercy on their miserable souls.

It's just amazing when one considers that after experiencing one round of deception the very same people will go back dancing, arms waving, singing and clapping to subject themselves to yet another deception. These are people who carry their Bibles faithfully wherever they go, unfortunately they never seem to read or understand what it contains. As Ray would say: AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING.

IT'S LIKE THE CHICKEN PUTTING IT'S TRUST IN THIS

God bless

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.        "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

Kat

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »

Hi Roundbelly,

The way I see this is that there are a lot of good, honest, sincere people in the church, I was in the church at one time  ;)  These people are the many called, they do not know God, indeed they are "enmity against God." (Rom 8:7)  True the chosen/Elect come out from them, but I would think they usually come out pretty quick after learning the truth.  So their is not a real element of truth there to speak of.
These people are striving for an spiritual experience that they believe will bring them closer to God... Satan knows this.  In order to work his deceit craftily he does use signs and wonders.

2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety (cunning, craftiness), so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Th 2:9  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
v. 10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Mar 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

I feel these people in the church are having real experiences, but not from the Holy Spirit or they would be having their eyes opened to the truth. This is the plan of God for the church in this age, to be deceived.  I believe the vast majority are sincerely ignorant, but deceived none the less.

The parable are about the same thing the many/called and the few/chosen, the church is the many and the chosen are the few that come out.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

2Co 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

joyful1

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 12:57:18 PM »

It's hard for me to think about it now....but when I was in the church I longed for these types of "revivals"....I wanted to experience God! Now I can look back and see that I was actually taunting Him, just as Satan did! "If you are the Son of God, turn these stones into bread!"

Oh, I'd preface my request for Him to "show up" at the service with a halfhearted : "if it be your will, Lord" kind of thing....but the truth of the matter is....deep in my heart....I wanted to SEE what He could do! I needed VISIBLE signs because I didn't have the INVISIBLE!

One night about 7 years ago, I attended a special "revival" meeting in the church where I would occasionally go.  Preachers from another part of Canada came in and "tried" to preach the Word that night.  Over and over again, the speaker was interrupted by either an apparently demon possessed person or someone "prophesying" or some other disturbance.  The Word itself was never preached that night.  At one point, gold dust began to appear on the hands of many in the crowd.  There were about 600 people in church that night....probably 20-30 people had the dust appear on them. When this began to happen, I suddenly felt very strange....I wanted to SEE this SIGN for myself, so I ran down a couple of rows to hold the hand of a member with gold dust on her hand....I held it still and looked at it very carefully with my eyes....it was real! I can't say it was real gold but there WAS a sparkling gold substance on her hands that she said was not there minutes before! By the way, some people have had the "dust" analysed and it turns out to be just sparkling gold PLASTIC.....but this lady seemed like a very honest, humble lady in her mid 30's and really was astonished that this stuff was appearing on her hands. Other strange things happened that night....oil appeared upon the heads of the teenagers...we were told that this was a "special anointing"...it also appeared on their hands and when it did they were told to lay their hands on people to heal them. Visions began happening....one vision of an angel coming into the service was told to the church just seconds after I saw the very same thing described in detail....I nearly fainted when the speaker began telling the vision that he had just seen seconds before! It was the SAME exact thing that I had seen! But the strange "feelings" did not "feel good or right." Something was wrong!

I went home from this meeting greatly disturbed in my spirit and immediately made a search for "gold dust" on the net. You can do the same. Its been going on for YEARS and all over the world! I gave Cosmo a link to a site that gives the entire history and explains how this is just one more LYING SIGN or WONDER. If anyone wants the link, just PM me. But please, don't get caught up in this silly foolishness.This event marked the END of my attending "church." After what I found out about GOLD DUST I began meeting with other believers in my home only and never returned to the church again. It was the turning point for me. (*Many OTHER things seemed wrong with the church at the time, but this did it for me!)

I've learned that nothing in the flesh can change my sinful heart. It takes the Spirit of the Living God to enter in and begin that process!

With much LOVE and HOPE,
Joyce :)

KristaD

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 04:30:47 PM »

roundbellygrove my name is Darren and I posted a post in the testimonial section. Anyways I had a great experience at a revival 20yrs ago. But after sharing my news in the forum I'm confused. I came out of that revival so happy and content. To this day I have never felt that way. So If it's Satans work why would I feel so good. I thought the works of Satan is evil Or was that part of the deception.

Darren

Satan is capable of making you feel very, VERY good (think about that). He is not out to make us miserable immediately, he reels us in with good feelings and pleasure. He works with our flesh, our carnality, and he is a master at giving us fleshly pleasure. If it is the work of God it will bear fruit and be obvious, feeling good is no proof at all of God's work. Take this from someone who has taken part in and experienced all kinds of fleshy pleasures that I can assure you were pure evil.

rk12201960

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »

Hi Darren,
Good question....
Lets look at it in a cajun way,,,

Satan was to eat the dust,, we are the dust.... ok

Now me being cajun and all well... I kinda like good cooking.
When I'm going to cook something I think  it out....
First of all sha, I think I'm going to fatten up the cow,turkey etc...........
But I want him to eat whats going to make the meat on it taste good, maybe some corn grain, and an apple or two here and there.
Just when the time is right "WACK" off with its head.

Then maybe I'm going to let it bath in some seasoning just to my taste for maybe a day or so.......
Then I'm going to beat it till its nice and tender put some more seasoning on it and let it sit, then INTO the pot.

See how we pick and choose our food ........ well ......so does satan He is a master chef created by God to do his job,
thats why he is also called an angel of light.

Gods speed brother.
Randy
 ;D 8) ;D
Thats close enough sha?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:40:18 PM by Randy »

winner08

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 01:11:44 AM »

KristaD and Randy y'all are correct. I can see now how Satan would make me feel good thinking it was  God who's doing it. Now I can see how the millions are being deceived. They go to church and come out feeling good, thinking they are doing good. When all alone they are being deceived by Satan Himself. I can see how I was deceived too.

Thanks for helping me see the truth.

Darren

Roy Monis

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »

Hi

I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts about my question. I'm not particularly wanting to focus on what's going on in Lakeland. However there does seem  to be revivals from time to time that appear to create a genuine God consciousness within a wider community. In wales apparently, pubs (bars) closed down and the local magistrate courts sat less often ,due to the dramatic decrease in crime.I don't believe in a great end time revival particularly and I know people can make an idol out of it, but I am curious to understand the phenomenom .
cheers
Dave

Hi! Dave and Karen

Indeed brother the so called miraculous occurrences can be explained, herewith the answer: "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works." (2Cor.11:13-15).

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.   

winner08

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 11:57:22 PM »

Yes Roy once again I agree. Satan can make it so where we think it's all God's way (feeling good).I mean these revivals do have people leaving the building feeling on top of the world. I did. I can see how Satan would use this in order to deceive people. I would want to stay somewhere where I felt great. (In the system).

Thanks  Darren

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »

IMO it's all about emotions. I've walked out of many movies emotionally moved. But the movie did not happen to me.

Churches use music to set an emotional stage. They start out with lively music and slowly bring it down to slow, emotional music. Then they pass the hat.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.