bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: resurrection  (Read 11483 times)

chuckt

resurrection
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:45:10 AM »

Dear Eiliv:  We are glad that you are enthusiastic about studying God's Word. What happens after God is "ALL in AL," is not a topic of Scripture. In fact, I am not totally convinced that the next step in God's plan is to "be ALL in All," anymore than to think that in the resurrection we will all immediately be in the perfect spiritual Image of God. These marvelous destinies, may rather be a process we will be pursuing for a long, long, long time to come. I am not convinced that the "consummation of the ages," is also the "consummation" of all that we will be. I am believing more and more that the resurrection is not our destiny, but is only the next step in a long spiritual journey.

God be with you,

Ray

WOWZA.......i have felt like this for along time, never really discussed it with anyone, what a trip.

thoughts?

God bless
chuckt aka euty :P :-*

chav

Re: resurrection
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »

Hi

I am believing more and more that the resurrection is not our destiny, but is only the next step in a long spiritual journey.

I have never thought about it in those terms before, it's quite mind blowing.

Dave

Stevernator

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »

I found this from another email.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6964.0.html

[2]  (KJV) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end

(ASV) Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end

(Bishops)  He shall make no ende to encrease the rule & peace

(CLV) To the increase of the chieftainship, and to the welfare shall be no end

(Rotherham) Of the increase of dominion, and of prosperity, There shall be no end—

(YLT) To the increase of the princely power, And of peace, there is no end

COMMENT:  So these things will not only continue into eternity, they will increase:  "government & peace," "rule & peace," "chieftain ship & welfare," "dominion & prosperity," "princely power & peace."

Wow, thatd be awesome to be in a kingdom like that.

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 01:28:07 AM »

It has actually occurred to me before that this might just be a link in the chain.

It occurred to me that maybe Christ is on His own journey to spiritual perfection, He did say that no one is good save God alone.

I also hat the thought that We might be doing the whole dying on a cross for the sins of a world or whatever one day.

I really don't know, they were just some thoughts I had.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:32 AM »

I also hat the thought that We might be doing the whole dying on a cross for the sins of a world or whatever one day.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Peace,

Joe

chuckt

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »

well i have heard many people say things like  ""wont heaven be boring with everyone kneeling and worshipping God"" I never for once thought that thats what it will be like, seeing as ive always been interested in astronomy and seeing how the universe is so huge, i got a feeling God has some cool stuff ahead.

but for me now, my main goal is LOVE and to grow in it.

blessings and super abounding GRACE to all

chuckt :D

Roy Monis

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »

Hi

I am believing more and more that the resurrection is not our destiny, but is only the next step in a long spiritual journey.

I have never thought about it in those terms before, it's quite mind blowing.

Dave

Hi! Dave and Karen

I never viewed it in that way either it is awesome, and the quotes by "stevernator" do support what Ray believes. I always thought that it all ended with the resurrection, then if I failed to qualify I'd have to have my bottom truly spanked  by those who qualified till all the dross was out and then nursed back to full health, or on the other hand if I happened (???) to qualify then I'd be one of the ones doing the spanking.   

This new revelation leaves a lot of room for pursuits other than just mere bad boy/bad girl bottom spanking, does it not?

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.       "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Peace,

Joe

Oh yeah, good point Joe!

I forgot about that verse.

Stevernator

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »

One question I have is will there be any type of reproduction? Jesus said people would not be married in heaven so does that mean that we won't have children? If so, will there be more people being added to the kingdom. Ray teaches that people grow through trials and experiences of evil but in a sinless existence devoid of evil how would children grow spiritually? Could it be that while we are one with God in heaven that there are other planets where carnal people are still learning? I also don't understand what it means God will be all in all. It is just so much to think about.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »

Hi Steve,

An interesting question to meditate on for sure, I am not aware of any scripture that addresses the matter in any detail but we do have this from Isaiah;

Isa 9:7  Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

This appears to imply that the increase of His Kingdom will be perpetual, as to the method I cannot even speculate.

Peace,

Joe

P.S. I am glad I could be of some help there Martinez!  ;)

Kat

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »

Hi Stevenator,

One question I have is will there be any type of reproduction? Jesus said people would not be married in heaven so does that mean that we won't have children? If so, will there be more people being added to the kingdom.

Here is what I notice in the Scripture.

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

So we know all people that live in this age will die a physical death once and then they will go into judgement, which is the White throne judgment when Christ returns for the vast majority.  But after Christ returns "there shall be no more death." 

Rev 21:4  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

I think you can deduce that if people will no longer die a physical death, then that part of God's plan is finished and there will longer longer be the birth and death pattern that we have in this world.

Ray teaches that people grow through trials and experiences of evil but in a sinless existence devoid of evil how would children grow spiritually?

There will be plenty of children brought back to life in the resurrection of the dead.  They along with all the rest of humanity must LEARN righteousness.

Isa 26:9  With my soul I have desired You in the night,
       Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;
       For when Your judgments are in the earth,
       The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

When all of humanity is brought back to life and Christ begins to rule, this world will be far from sinless.  They will have to go through the process of being purged and learning to obey.  I don't think this will be a quick process for most. 
But the children will grow up and go through normal human development, and there will be teenagers  ;)  But having an experience of evil does not require a raging evil world around you, look at Cain and Abel.

Could it be that while we are one with God in heaven that there are other planets where carnal people are still learning?

I don't see this as a possibility, as Eve is "the mother of all living" (Gen. 3:20).
You realize that heaven is not a place you go to, but a realm or state of being.  Here are a couple emails that might help with this idea of heaven.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4138.0.html -----

The "Kingdom of God" also known as the "Kingdom of the heavenS," is God's domain, where He resides.  To the degree that we have God's Spirit is the degree to which we reside in this Kingdom. At present we are merely begotten, awaiting a new birth into His Kingdom. This Kingdom has no end after the physical has passed away. Etc.  Too big a subject for an email.

God be with you,
        Ray

http://bible-truths.com/email4.htm#babel -------

The purpose for the Tower of Babel was the same as it was for all tower-building down through history. A huge tower is a sign and symbol of power and unity. Nimrod built it as a rallying point for the people.

All great empires have built huge towers, cathedrals, buildings, pyramids, etc. Same reason.

Nimrod did not think that he could really build a tower that would go to heaven, but rather to reach into the heavens as a tall tree or mountain.

Seeing that Jesus said while He was on this earth, that He was also at the same time, IN HEAVEN, ought to dispel and fanciful idea that the Heaven of God's Throne is in outer space on some huge galactic rock.

God's heaven is a higher spiritual realm of life and existence, not a geographical location in outer space.

Hope that helps a little.
Ray

I also don't understand what it means God will be all in all.

You understand that Christ is 'one' with the Father, in that He is perfectly in tune with His Father's will through the Holy Spirit.  First a person is begotten while physical and they go through the process of being made into His image, only the Elect now.  At the resurrection they will be born into the kingdom, made spirit and enter into the family of God, at that point they will be 'one' with the Father.  Eventually everybody will go through a similar process in the Lake of fire, of being purged, made clean and learn righteousness and be born into the kingdom.  When all humanity and the angels have finished this process then God will be "all in all."

1Co 15:28  Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

winner08

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 08:29:54 PM »

I hear that man and angles Will be purged in the lof. Why angles. They are not carnal. do they sin? Wait yes, Satan has angles that do his bidding. What about God's angles? I wonder if the angles known that puny man will judge them?

Darren

musicman

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 08:54:13 PM »

I hear that man and angles Will be purged in the lof. Why angles. They are not carnal. do they sin? Wait yes, Satan has angles that do his bidding. What about God's angles? I wonder if the angles known that puny man will judge them?

Darren

Well, that's why Lucifer was so p'd and decided to rebel.

chuckt

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 09:15:06 AM »

Darren

angels = messengers.

do we judge ""angels"" or do we judge messengers the likes of benny hinn and hagee?

thoughts?

chuckt

kweli

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »

chuckt, how did we get from resurrection to dead men walking?

ooops!

:D :D :D

winner08

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 02:39:44 AM »

I don't know what's the difference in angles and messengers. Yes chuckt That's what I was saying. Satan has his angles/messengers as in Hinn and Hagee and the rest. They Will be judge by Christ and man. Wow I bet they are not going to be OK with that. I wonder if Satan's angles know this?

Darren

chuckt

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 08:12:25 AM »

I don't know what's the difference in angles and messengers. Yes chuckt That's what I was saying. Satan has his angles/messengers as in Hinn and Hagee and the rest. They Will be judge by Christ and man. Wow I bet they are not going to be OK with that. I wonder if Satan's angles know this?

Darren

YES they KNOW!!!

And lo! they cry, saying, "What is it to us and to Thee, Son of God! Didst Thou come here to torment us before the season?"

but the men dont they will gnash teeth, but for a season.

all will be OK

chuckt

winner08

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »

Question, does that scripture mean they know man will judge them with Jesus, after the resurrection?

Darren

Roy Monis

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »

One question I have is will there be any type of reproduction? Jesus said people would not be married in heaven so does that mean that we won't have children? If so, will there be more people being added to the kingdom. Ray teaches that people grow through trials and experiences of evil but in a sinless existence devoid of evil how would children grow spiritually? Could it be that while we are one with God in heaven that there are other planets where carnal people are still learning? I also don't understand what it means God will be all in all. It is just so much to think about.

Hi! Stevernator

My understanding of our purpose here on earth is for that very reason. There will be no such thing as marriage and the like because this is God's breeding ground for the production of sons and daughters for His kingdom. All in accord with His predestined Plan, some few chosen/elect to judge and perform various administrative duties first, and then the rest to follow to make up HIs complete family. Only my view mind you, please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm always open to correction.

Hope that is of some help. "Wherefore Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing; And I will receive you, And will be to you a Father, And ye shall be to me sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.       "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

chuckt

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 09:05:45 AM »

Question, does that scripture mean they know man will judge them with Jesus, after the resurrection?

Darren

probley not since the body of Christ was/is a mystery.  that how i see it though.

fir sure i dont see us judging apart from Christ.

peace
chuckt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.