bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The image of God??  (Read 4713 times)

winner08

The image of God??
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:40:27 PM »

I was discussing matters of the heart with a friend and she ask what does God look like? If He made man in His image wouldn't He have arms and legs, eyes and a mouth? I said No He is spirit. A spirit does not have these things. Then she said well what about when Daniel describes the arc angel Michael. Eyes like fire feet and arms and when John describes what Christ looked like when trying to find someone worth to open the 7th seal. They pretty much describe them looking the same way They have some kind of human features. All I could say is maby that's the way they appeared to them so that they could comprehend what they were seeing. I don't know I'm probable wrong on this too. I did say God is making us in His image MAKING. After we a resurrected and purged in the lake of fire we will look like God. We will have a new body(spirit) and become new creatures in Christ.
\

Darren

rjsurfs

Re: The image of God??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »

Hi Darren,

Remember that Christ words are spirit.  These are figures of likeness that describe the character of... or a spiritual truth.  For example, "a beam in your eye"... these are symbols.  Ray does a great job explaining this in the Lake of Fire Part I.

The example you gave is "eyes like fire".  They literally weren't fire... but they symbolically were like fire in certain ways.

http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Bobby

frecklegirl417

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »

Darren,

I would have answered her in the same way you did. Sometimes it is hard to tell someone what we know has the truth in a way they can understand it. I looked up a few verses about the image of God for my interest after reading your thread and here is what I found and I hope it helps:

Genesis 1:26-27
 I Cor. 15:49
 Romans 8:29(maybe this one really not sure)
 Col. 1:15
  These for explain it all differently but all is answered to me in Genesis 1:26-27 best:

And God went on to say " Let us make man in our image according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth." 27: And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God's image he created him; male and female he created them.

I know this doesn't give a description but to me it says we were created in his image. To everyone he looks different, you were right on that point. Who are we to say different? God loves everyone so in someones need of his help I think and I maybe wrong he appears to help those who desperately need him.
 I know this may not be what your looking for but I am knew to all of this and just felt compelled to help a brother in Christ out.

All of God's love,
                                                                                         Pam

winner08

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »

Thanks Pam: That's good enough for me.

Darren

winner08

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »

It occurs to me that God will give us visions that we can comprehend. As in seeing Michael or Gabriel, even Jesus Himself as in John's vision in revaluations. The prophets describes what they see according to what the messengers from God want them to see, so the prophets can understand what they are seeing they have to have something to relate it to. Something they already understand. Does anybody understand what I just wrote? :D ;D ;).

Darren

musicman

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »

Nobody alive is in God's image.  But some are now being created in the image of God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.