bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A time of consciousness (Anyone heard of this)??  (Read 4194 times)

winner08

A time of consciousness (Anyone heard of this)??
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »

Does anybody know anything in the bible that speaks of (a time of consciousness)?? My Friend says this is when God removed His hands from the people of the earth. When God had nothing to do with people. I have never heard this before. She also said this happen in between the O.T. and the N.T. Like I said I never heard such a thing. But that does not mean this never happen.

Darren

Stevernator

Re: A time of consciousness (Anyone heard of this)??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »

I think that is from dispentionalism. You could google that if you want but basically it is the man made theory that God deals with people in different dispentions: consciousness, law, grace... etc etc.

Stevernator

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »

Here is what I found from a site.
Innocence - Adam
Conscience - After man sinned, up to the flood
Government - After the flood, man allowed to eat meat, death penalty instituted
Promise - Abraham up to Moses and the giving of the Law
Law - Moses to the cross
Grace - The cross to the Millennial Kingdom
Millennial Kingdom - A 1000 year reign of Christ on earth centered in Jerusalem

I don't put too much thought into it though because it is from theologians.

winner08

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:20:49 PM »

I don't know what that  words mean. Really I'm not being funny. dispentionalism? :-[ :-\ :'(

Stevernator

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »

Well I do not want to break any rules by teaching or linking (I don't believe in dispensationalism anyway).

I took this from wikipedia.

Dispensationalism is a Christian theological view of history and Biblical interpretation that became popular during the 1800s and early 1900s and is held today by many conservative Protestants. It supplies an interpretive grid for understanding the flow of the Bible as a whole, and it is frequently contrasted with opposing views such as Covenant Theology, where the fundamental difference is the relationship between the nations of Israel and Judah on the one hand and the Christian church on the other.

Dispensationalism advocates a form of premillennialism in which it sees the past, present, and future as a number of successive administrations, or "dispensations" (Eph 3:2, KJV), each of which emphasizes aspects of the covenants between God and various peoples at various times. Consequently, it places a heavy emphasis on prophecy and eschatology, the study of the "end times."

My belief is that is just more false teaching from men since they believe doctrines such as the trinity, hell, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.