bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus failed at the cross  (Read 5287 times)

Matt

Jesus failed at the cross
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:55:04 PM »

Knowing the vast knowledge of the truth I have seen here, this has probably been stated before.

I was thinking the other day.  Those who believe in the whole "eternal damnation and hell fire" thing are essentially saying that Jesus failed from the moment He was on the cross with the 2 thieves. 
He didn't even go 1 day before He failed to do what the Father sent Him to do.

Just a thought I wanted to share.  Everyone out here would just give me a  ??? look if I shared it with them. 
Something so simple, yet the truth escapes billions of people.

Matt

kweli

Re: Jesus failed at the cross
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:10:36 AM »

Mark 3 (YLT - that's in Hebrew/Greek  ;))
28 'Verily I say to you, that all the sins shall be forgiven to the sons of men, and evil speakings with which they might speak evil,
29 but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'
30 because they said, 'He [Jesus] hath an unclean spirit.'

Mark 3 (NIV - that's in 21st century english  ;))
28 I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them.
29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
30 He said this because they were saying, "He [Jesus] has an evil spirit."

It's a pity that even if you put it like that (and many other Scriptural ways) they would give you a  ??? look.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 03:46:45 PM »

Matt, just saw this.  You are probably half way cross the ocean right now.  So when your life returns to normal ( ;)) you will be back on board.

Yes, yes that is an amazing point.  I have presented that to a few people and they just don't get it.  They are so hung up on Free Will.  So, in a nutshell, HE only died for the few that believe he died for them.  Even in the face of the scriptures that He died for ALL men.

They are in a predicament.  Jesus can't fail because He is God.  But He didn't/couldn't save ALL men as the Bible clearly states. So He did fail.

Round and round they go until Jesus draws them.

carol v

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »

Very true and believing in the "fall of man" means that God completely failed in His creation. And believing in the fall of angels means He REALLY failed in His creation.

Even before God showed me the truth about these things, I questioned them. The only one doing a good job in these teachings is Satan.

Carol

winner08

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:29:45 AM »

According to man made christian doctrian the devil is winning the battle for man's souls. Billions will go to hell and burn forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever, is that enough foreverssss. Of course we know the truth. The Lords will, will be done. Jesus can not fail. This is not possible.All His desires will be done. He died for all mankinds sin therefor ALL men will be saved. We know what the truth is. There's something really peacefull in knowing the truth.

Darren

kweli

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »

According to man made christian doctrian the devil is winning the battle for man's souls.
I once asked some churchian, who that thinking gives glory to. This is the very person who thinks I've joined a cult of devil worshipping. It's really sad that people dont get it (yet). This person went as far as to say god is having a really tough time in the 21 century. he is so powerless that he probably needs help or he will loose badly. What's a devil worshipper if not the one that gives glory to the devil?
There's something really peacefull in knowing the truth.
True indeed. Time to give thanks to HIM

Roy Monis

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »

Hi! Matthew

"Jesus failed at the cross". Well they would say that wouldn't they? The beauty of it though is the fact that they actually believe it and are proud of it, so proud of it that they just won't listen to or consider the truth when it placed in front of their nose. Leave them alone and let the blind lead the blind, we know where they are going to end up don't we? Jesus tells us, does He not? "Let them alone: they are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both shall fall into a pit." (Jn.15:14). Let us obey Jesus and not bother with them and what they do or say.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

lorrie

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »

Wow that is really good advice, Roy i will remember that the next time i feel the urge to tell someone.Peace to you my brother! ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:14:30 PM by jaguar »

Firefly

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »

It amazes me (although it really shouldn't) how christians just can't see it. When my boss found out I no longer believed in hell she said I was making a "mockery of the cross". It is really the other way around but there is just no getting through until God removes the scales. I am so thankful he took those scales off my eyes.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.